10% Testicle Shrinkage

longrob

Awards
Dr Crisler says "TRT patients are always HPTA suppressed to a greater or lesser degree", resulting in testicular atrophy. Eric M. Potratz at PP states that the testes may only appear 5-10% smaller while their function has been reduced by 98%.
Now my question: is a 10% reduction in size about what most are experiencing from TRT? My wife says mine are a little smaller after the first 6 mos on Testim and now 2 mos on 100mg per wk of T cyp.
If that is all that will happen, I can live with the reduction. I plan to ask my doc to get my TT up around 650, so I'll need blood work next visit.

Last edited:
JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dr Crisler says "TRT patients are always HPTA suppressed to a greater or lesser degree", resulting in testicular atrophy. Eric M. Potratz at PP states that the testes may only appear 5-10% smaller while their function has been reduced by 98%.
Now my question: is a 10% reduction in size about what most are experiencing from TRT? My wife says mine are a little smaller after the first 6 mos on Testim and now 2 mos on 100mg per wk of T cyp.
If that is all that will happen, I can live with the reduction. I plan to ask my doc to get my TT up around 650, so I'll need blood work next visit.
You posted: "while their function has been reduced by 98%."

May want to re-read it.

longrob

Awards
Jan,
I don't know what you are saying. Quoting directly, Potratz says, " Therefore, when the testes may only appear 5-10% smaller, the testes ability to secrete testosterone upon LH or hCG stimulation can actually be reduced to 98% of their normal production". This is what I was trying to paraphrase.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Jan,
I don't know what you are saying. Quoting directly, Potratz says, " Therefore, when the testes may only appear 5-10% smaller, the testes ability to secrete testosterone upon LH or hCG stimulation can actually be reduced to 98% of their normal production". This is what I was trying to paraphrase.
Exactly!
So any noticeable testicle shrinkage mean that they do not work anymore.

longrob

Awards
Jan,
I believe I understand the HPTA shutdown.
My question remains: Is a 10% reduction in size about what most are experiencing from TRT? My wife says mine are a little smaller after the first 6 mos on Testim and now 2 mos on 100mg per wk of T cyp.
If that is all that will happen, I can live with the reduction.