diabetes

DT5

Awards
  • Established
if you have a normal blood test done, is there any warning signs of diabetes, or do you have to test individually for it?

I have been urinating alot, and I have heard this can be a warning sign as well.

Lammermoor

Awards
When I had my blood sugar tested I had to have a fasting test. Basically you don't eat anything after you wake up until you do the bloods. Generally the test is done early am.

Here in the UK you have to specifically test for certain things - although I think blood sugar was tested in a general test I did a while ago...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
If you have a doubts, consider Glucose/Insuline challenge test,
words on script:

-----------------------------------------
Glucose/Insuline
challenge test, 7 specimen
75gram glucose
0min (75gram glucose after first draw)
30min
60min
90min
120min
150min
180min
-----------------------------------------

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
if you have a normal blood test done, is there any warning signs of diabetes, or do you have to test individually for it?

I have been urinating alot, and I have heard this can be a warning sign as well.
Check your blood sugar with any glucometer on an empty stomach,first thing in the morning. You should get a reading between 60-110. If you test outside these ranges more than 3 days in a row,I would see an endocrinologist,or your family MD.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

fasting blood glucose over 100 but less then 120 is prediabetes but something to be checked. i personally feel your A1C levels are the best indicator.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
my glucose level was about 100, and i had not been fasting

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The highest glucose level at Labcorps reference range is 99. If you are over that after fasting 12 hours you may need further tests. I have tested 100 several times fasting.