hayfever, histadelia and mucus

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
hey guys

not soon from now it's that time of the year again with hayfever and crap..

currently my dose of hydrocortisone has drastically reduced symptoms of hayfever thankfully, i believe / read that it's part of the immune system suppressing action of it that causes not so much react to the pollen

i read about the histadelia stuff and found one interesting symptom which fits me which is excessive production of mucus

do you have this as well?

i used to smoke and wake up in the morning and gargle and spit out a whole lot of crap, i was like a sewer back then :p then i quit smoking but a year later i still have mucus secretion a lot in the morning, from both my throat and nose

i am taking an anti histamine for hayfever although i don't have symptoms for trying to beat premature ejaculation now as a test, and i noticed less mucus secretion

could it be i am just high histamine and have wrong methylation going on?

thanxxxxxx

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
could it be i am just high histamine and have wrong methylation going on?
I've been studying this a lot lately. There isn't much you can do to prevent histamine reactions, but if you are undermethylated, histamine isn't metabolized and can accumulate in the blood causing continued symptoms and even mental issues (anxiety, insomnia, OCD). Instead of guessing, have you tested your whole blood histamine? Here is a good place to order online:

http://www.pyroluriatesting.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=12&CLSN_1407=123333827214077f34a93545209b02bc

As far as mucus, I read NAC or Glutathione (reduced) helps break it down.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been studying this a lot lately. There isn't much you can do to prevent histamine reactions, but if you are undermethylated, histamine isn't metabolized and can accumulate in the blood causing continued symptoms and even mental issues (anxiety, insomnia, OCD). Instead of guessing, have you tested your whole blood histamine? Here is a good place to order online:

http://www.pyroluriatesting.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=12&CLSN_1407=123333827214077f34a93545209b02bc

As far as mucus, I read NAC or Glutathione (reduced) helps break it down.
Sorry for the partial highjack. I, too, suffer from terrible allergies, chronic sinusitus, and bronchitis a few times per year. I take NAC as well as SAMe and TMG. Love the SAMe -- good for the head and body aches. In the beginning, you get a very mild euphoria.

Anyway, LeanGuy, I've been following your discussions re methylation on this board, as well as meso. Being a serious study of sleep (as it's my achille's heal), I have always been reluctant to use anti-histamines for sleep, as they are reported as being disruptive of sleep architecture. Anyhow, I recently read some positive reports about Atarax and Phenergan. I happened to have some Phenergan, from a recent series of surgeries -- it's an anti-emetic, in case of nausea from the narcotic pain meds. Anyway, it's really helped with sleep, and I don't feel hungover in the morning, like with Benadryl. For those with elevated histamine and non-restorative sleep, it may be worth a try.

Again, sorry for the partial highjack. Hope this helps some.

J

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Anyhow, I recently read some positive reports about Atarax and Phenergan. I happened to have some Phenergan, from a recent series of surgeries -- it's an anti-emetic, in case of nausea from the narcotic pain meds. Anyway, it's really helped with sleep, and I don't feel hungover in the morning, like with Benadryl. For those with elevated histamine and non-restorative sleep, it may be worth a try.
Thanks jinxie, I wonder how many docs would prescribe it off-label for sleep. It's funny most people don't take the histamine stuff seriously as a cause of sleep problems... I usually get 'no comment' about it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Methylation/Histamine Issues

Thanks jinxie, I wonder how many docs would prescribe it off-label for sleep. It's funny most people don't take the histamine stuff seriously as a cause of sleep problems... I usually get 'no comment' about it.
It's OTC in most countries, and not appreciably stronger than Benadryl. You can order it online. I don't see any reason a doctor should be reluctant. You could always note that you sometimes suffer from nausea, and heard that it's a good med for that. I cant imagine a GP would not script it.

Good luck.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It's OTC in most countries, and not appreciably stronger than Benadryl. You can order it online. I don't see any reason a doctor should be reluctant. You could always note that you sometimes suffer from nausea, and heard that it's a good med for that. I cant imagine a GP would not script it.

Good luck.
See what I started now LOL

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

See my PM. Also, Atarax is commonly prescribed for anxiety, and to a lesser extent sleep. A GP may be more familiar with that one, though anyone that prescribes pain meds regularly will know about Phenergan, as it plays well with them -- potentiates and prevents common nausea.

And of course, props to Shawn for raising these issues again, and again, and again.