Opinions and comments on doctors recommended TRT

1. Advanced Member
    Answers

Opinions and comments on doctors recommended TRT

I just rec'd what the doctor recommends for my TRT. It is as follows.

Testosterone Cypionate 200mg/ml: Take 1.5ml. per week.
    HCG 10,000 units: Take 500 units 2x per week.
    Arimidex 0.5mg: Take 3 caps per week.

Ofcourse I am new to this so I was curious as how this compares to others. I don't really have the money to continue this forever so I didn't know if there would be a good solution to running it and then taking a break. I'm not real sure about the bloodwork, but I do know I have low total testosterone (under 300). I am 27 years old.

2. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KingMeso View Post

Ofcourse I am new to this so I was curious as how this compares to others. I don't really have the money to continue this forever so I didn't know if there would be a good solution to running it and then taking a break. I'm not real sure about the bloodwork, but I do know I have low total testosterone (under 300). I am 27 years old.
    Your dr should be reported to the board and having licence revoked for adminstering steroids !!
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

3. Professional Member
    Answers

Looks like your doctor have no clue about TRT.

The good news is that he is willing and want to try.
    If he is also willing to give you scripts for blood work and other medications that you may possibly need (Cortef, Florinef, Armour, T3) this doctor may be a keeper.
    If hi is not too proud and agrees with doses adjustments that you may suggest to him, he is definitely keeper.

TRT is for life, steady, not cycling.
    After you find what is working for you, you may want to check once a year for additional tunning.

Why do you mention money?
    If this is anti-aging clinic trying to make quick buck, stay away.
    If this is "normal" GP or family doctor who takes insurance, you have to put up with occassional co-pay, no choice.

So, do you have a doctor?

If you have a doctor, I can tell you what to do.

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Answers

I mention money because at the moment, I don't have insurance. I will have it in a couple months though. Yes, I have a doctor.

5. Professional Member
    Answers

I mention money because at the moment, I don't have insurance. I will have it in a couple months though. Yes, I have a doctor.
    Post all tests that you have.
    Date, Analyte name, value, units, range, name of laboratory.

Look at my post #44, between blue lines, for ideas on testing.
    I do this list every year or 1.5 year.
    In between I do shorter lists.
    Start with long one.

Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

6. RJW
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, 300mgs every 7 days seems like about twice too much. Is this where he is starting you? Careful with the Arimidex as it will kill your HDL levels if you take too much.

7. DT5
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

ok yall. im working with the same doc as Meso. Yes, its a clinic and they want to make money. i use my insurance to reimburse me so its cool for me, and Kingmeso can probabnly do the same. i am actually at 400mg a week, docs orders. very progressive doc. im going to be on 20 week cycles, as i dont feel like death when im not ON. It is managable being off for me, but it may not be for others. this is why i cycle, and there is no evidence to say that cycling a moderate cycle of TRT is "bad". if my levels return to normal afterwards, then why not? even if its a little high as some of u say (dose), id rather listen to the doc then some dudes on a board (not a diss, just being real). i know its a business, but i can be monitored with blood work, and i have a urologist i work closely with. I will let you know my blood results after 8 weeks into it (week 6 now), and then i will do a test before i resume again.

this theory of staying on becuase "you are on TRT, so its permanent" seems bull**** to me. look at it this way, im obviously not on for health reasons because i can get by at 350 total test, but i want to grow , and i wasnt before the cycle. i got a good doc who wants to make me feel better and will be progressive, so im going to take full advantage. 350 is lower than a 26 year old should be in my opinion. i think it would be unwise to be on for life at 26, because who knows what could happen from long term use, and to sum it up, it doesnt feel necessary...YET.

PM me if you want more info on my plans

8. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    ok yall. im working with the same doc as Meso. Yes, its a clinic and they want to make money. i use my insurance to reimburse me so its cool for me, and Kingmeso can probabnly do the same. i am actually at 400mg a week, docs orders. very progressive doc. im going to be on 20 week cycles, as i dont feel like death when im not ON. It is managable being off for me, but it may not be for others. this is why i cycle, and there is no evidence to say that cycling a moderate cycle of TRT is "bad". if my levels return to normal afterwards, then why not? even if its a little high as some of u say (dose), id rather listen to the doc then some dudes on a board (not a diss, just being real). i know its a business, but i can be monitored with blood work, and i have a urologist i work closely with. I will let you know my blood results after 8 weeks into it (week 6 now), and then i will do a test before i resume again.

this theory of staying on becuase "you are on TRT, so its permanent" seems bull**** to me. look at it this way, im obviously not on for health reasons because i can get by at 350 total test, but i want to grow , and i wasnt before the cycle. i got a good doc who wants to make me feel better and will be progressive, so im going to take full advantage. 350 is lower than a 26 year old should be in my opinion. i think it would be unwise to be on for life at 26, because who knows what could happen from long term use, and to sum it up, it doesnt feel necessary...YET.

PM me if you want more info on my plans
    Post you detailed schedule and detailed tests results before and after.
    We are learning here from experience of others.

Best if you open separate thread for that topic and post there as you progressing.
    Others do that, very helpfull.
    Good luck with your project.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. any recommended hrt doctors in Colorado- more specifically Boulder
    By brassmonkey in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 10:27 PM
  2. Doctors??
    By pavb10 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
  3. Weight loss program..opinions, comments?
    By Maverick64 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
  4. KC HRT doctors
    By saloman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:29 AM
  5. Doctors...
    By Apowerz6 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 08:58 AM