'The Clomid Test ' Results

zippybing

Awards
Brief background: I am a 25 year old male. I had my testosterone tested after my brother had his levels tested, and came back low (we exhibit many of the same symptoms).

My ORIGINAL test results were as follows:

Testosterone, Total : 235 ng/dl (Range: 250-1100)
% Free: 2.55 (Range: 1.5-2.2)
Test, Free: 59.9 pg/ml (Range: 35.0 - 155.0)
DHEA Sulfate: 321 mcg/dl (Range: 110-510)
FSH: .8 mIU/ml (Range: 1.6 - 8.0)
LH: 2.0 mIU/ml (Range: 1.5-9.3)
Progesterone: 0.8 ng/mL (range: <1.4)
Estradiol: 26 pg/mL (range: 13-54)

I began seeing a really good sports medcine doctor in SoCal, and he decided to try to 'clomid test' on me first to see if my testes would respond. He put me on a pretty high dosage: 50mn per day for about 2 months. After two months, my results were as follows (received these today):

POST 'Clomid Test' Results:
(reference ranges are the same as above, used the same lab, Quest Diagnostics)

Test, Total: 1,117
% Free: 3.00
Test, Free: 334.6
FSH: 7.9
LH: 19.9
Estradiol: 35
DHEA: Didn't test this time

Needless to say, I was pretty shocked by the huge jump in my testosterone. I have an appointment with my doctor in the morning where I'm sure I'll get some questions answered - but I'm curious for thoughts of members here, based on what limited information you see above.

I also am confused because I know while I was on the clomid, I do not think I felt the effects of testosterone at 1100 levels. I did NOT have any morning erections, I still felt tired a lot (probably from the higher estradiol), and although my libido was a bit higher, there was not a marked improvement in libido or energy levels. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd read on another forum of others NOT feeling the effects of increased testosterone when the increase came from clomid.

Thanks Guys.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Impressive. I don't have the knowledge to answer your questions though, sorry. I am however going to get my blood work done in the next week or so. It will be interesting to see where I'm at compared to your current results (I've just finished up a PCT using Clomid only a few weeks ago). I can't see why you wouldn't be feeling any physical effects. An increase in testosterone is an increase in testosterone.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I also am confused because I know while I was on the clomid, I do not think I felt the effects of testosterone at 1100 levels. I did NOT have any morning erections, I still felt tired a lot (probably from the higher estradiol), and although my libido was a bit higher, there was not a marked improvement in libido or energy levels. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd read on another forum of others NOT feeling the effects of increased testosterone when the increase came from clomid.
You took a very high dose. While on clomid you feel the effects of LOW estrogen... it blocks the estrogen receptors, making your body think there's not enough. I always noticed the libido kicks in a few days after stopping clomid. My 'restart' levels got to 930 but wouldn't hold so I've just started hCG monotherapy. Being a good clomid responder can mean a good candidate for hCG.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You are a very good candidate for HCG.
Dose (250-600iu) EOD
May be more (up to about 1250iu) if your E2 does not go up too much.
Preferably you should try HCG dose that would not increase your E2, but if you have to, use Arimidex, max dose 1.5mg/week, frequent, small doses.
Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)

If possible do your blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at quest.
These tests:

35 IGF Binding protein-3
36 IGF-1
40 DHEA sulfate
41 Prolactin - (746X)
44 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS - (17183X)
45 Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X)
46 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
47 Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
48 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
49 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
-------------------------------------------

Goals

DHEAs(500-640)
E2(25-29)
BAT(460-575)(BioAvailableTestosterone) somewhat smaller BAT may be acceptable if achieved only when using HCG
DHT(60-90)
You and you brother may have some common pituitary problems.
Your
is nice, try aim at that mumber in the future.

zippybing

Awards
Post-Doctors Visit Report

So I met with my doctor today to discuss my results. Needless to say, he was surprised by how responsive I was to Clomid, and my jump from around 230 testosterone total to 1,117.

I told him though about the negative effects I felt while on the Clomid, so he decided to try a different drug with me. I will be taking 20mg daily of Tamoxafen (sp?), and then Arimidex, 1.0mg, 1/2 tab weekly - to help keep Estradiol down. He said Tomaxafen is a 'cleaner' drug than Clomid and has fewer of the side effects.

I did not mention hcg to him, although I have thought about it. Based on my results with this regime, I may bring it up next time.

I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I met with my doctor today to discuss my results. Needless to say, he was surprised by how responsive I was to Clomid, and my jump from around 230 testosterone total to 1,117.

I told him though about the negative effects I felt while on the Clomid, so he decided to try a different drug with me. I will be taking 20mg daily of Tamoxafen (sp?), and then Arimidex, 1.0mg, 1/2 tab weekly - to help keep Estradiol down. He said Tomaxafen is a 'cleaner' drug than Clomid and has fewer of the side effects.

I did not mention hcg to him, although I have thought about it. Based on my results with this regime, I may bring it up next time.

I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.
CLOMID AND NOLVADEX, Arimidex ARE NOT LONG TERM TRT !!
Hcg is the better long term..

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
What Matrix said.

Clomid (and other SERMS) block your estrogen receptors making your body feel the effects of low estrogen. Low estrogen=low libido. I've experienced this twice with clomid, now I'm on hCG.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
You are a very good candidate for HCG.
Dose (250-600iu) EOD
May be more (up to about 1250iu) if your E2 does not go up too much.
Preferably you should try HCG dose that would not increase your E2, but if you have to, use Arimidex, max dose 1.5mg/week, frequent, small doses.
Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)

If possible do your blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at quest.
These tests:

35 IGF Binding protein-3
36 IGF-1
40 DHEA sulfate
41 Prolactin - (746X)
44 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS - (17183X)
45 Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X)
46 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
47 Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
48 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
49 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)

Goals

DHEAs(500-640)
E2(25-29)
BAT(460-575)(BioAvailableTestosterone) somewhat smaller BAT may be acceptable if achieved only when using HCG
DHT(60-90)
You and you brother may have some common pituitary problems.
Your
is nice, try aim at that mumber in the future.

I tried EOD and E2 increased. I was warned by my doctor. FWIW, my best results have been E3D or twice per week.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I tried EOD and E2 increased. I was warned by my doctor. FWIW, my best results have been E3D or twice per week.
You still taking test, Colkurtz? What's the current protocol and how's it working?

Hope you are well.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
I always noticed the libido kicks in a few days after stopping clomid.
Same here.
Clomid does not make me feel so great, but it works. I've noticed a higher dose = lower libido for me.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
Not everybody has that 'feel good' experience. I sure don't while on Clomid.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
You still taking test, Colkurtz? What's the current protocol and how's it working?

Hope you are well.
Thanks Jinxie! I hope all is well with you. I'm on HCG alone. The results are much better for me.