'The Clomid Test ' Results

  1. New Member
    zippybing's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    'The Clomid Test ' Results


    Brief background: I am a 25 year old male. I had my testosterone tested after my brother had his levels tested, and came back low (we exhibit many of the same symptoms).

    My ORIGINAL test results were as follows:

    Testosterone, Total : 235 ng/dl (Range: 250-1100)
    % Free: 2.55 (Range: 1.5-2.2)
    Test, Free: 59.9 pg/ml (Range: 35.0 - 155.0)
    DHEA Sulfate: 321 mcg/dl (Range: 110-510)
    FSH: .8 mIU/ml (Range: 1.6 - 8.0)
    LH: 2.0 mIU/ml (Range: 1.5-9.3)
    Progesterone: 0.8 ng/mL (range: <1.4)
    Estradiol: 26 pg/mL (range: 13-54)

    I began seeing a really good sports medcine doctor in SoCal, and he decided to try to 'clomid test' on me first to see if my testes would respond. He put me on a pretty high dosage: 50mn per day for about 2 months. After two months, my results were as follows (received these today):

    POST 'Clomid Test' Results:
    (reference ranges are the same as above, used the same lab, Quest Diagnostics)

    Test, Total: 1,117
    % Free: 3.00
    Test, Free: 334.6
    FSH: 7.9
    LH: 19.9
    Estradiol: 35
    DHEA: Didn't test this time

    Needless to say, I was pretty shocked by the huge jump in my testosterone. I have an appointment with my doctor in the morning where I'm sure I'll get some questions answered - but I'm curious for thoughts of members here, based on what limited information you see above.

    I also am confused because I know while I was on the clomid, I do not think I felt the effects of testosterone at 1100 levels. I did NOT have any morning erections, I still felt tired a lot (probably from the higher estradiol), and although my libido was a bit higher, there was not a marked improvement in libido or energy levels. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd read on another forum of others NOT feeling the effects of increased testosterone when the increase came from clomid.

    Thanks Guys.


  2. Cub
    Cub is offline
    Banned
    Cub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    930
    Answers
    0

    Impressive. I don't have the knowledge to answer your questions though, sorry. I am however going to get my blood work done in the next week or so. It will be interesting to see where I'm at compared to your current results (I've just finished up a PCT using Clomid only a few weeks ago). I can't see why you wouldn't be feeling any physical effects. An increase in testosterone is an increase in testosterone.

  3. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by zippybing View Post
    I also am confused because I know while I was on the clomid, I do not think I felt the effects of testosterone at 1100 levels. I did NOT have any morning erections, I still felt tired a lot (probably from the higher estradiol), and although my libido was a bit higher, there was not a marked improvement in libido or energy levels. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd read on another forum of others NOT feeling the effects of increased testosterone when the increase came from clomid.
    You took a very high dose. While on clomid you feel the effects of LOW estrogen... it blocks the estrogen receptors, making your body think there's not enough. I always noticed the libido kicks in a few days after stopping clomid. My 'restart' levels got to 930 but wouldn't hold so I've just started hCG monotherapy. Being a good clomid responder can mean a good candidate for hCG.

    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0

    You are a very good candidate for HCG.
    Dose (250-600iu) EOD
    May be more (up to about 1250iu) if your E2 does not go up too much.
    Preferably you should try HCG dose that would not increase your E2, but if you have to, use Arimidex, max dose 1.5mg/week, frequent, small doses.
    Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liqui d)=Anastrozole(liquid)

    If possible do your blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at quest.
    These tests:

    35 IGF Binding protein-3
    36 IGF-1
    40 DHEA sulfate
    41 Prolactin - (746X)
    44 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS - (17183X)
    45 Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X)
    46 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
    47 Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    48 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
    49 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
    -------------------------------------------

    Goals

    DHEAs(500-640)
    E2(25-29)
    BAT(460-575)(BioAvailableTestosterone) somewhat smaller BAT may be acceptable if achieved only when using HCG
    DHT(60-90)
    -------------------------------------------
    .
    You and you brother may have some common pituitary problems.
    .
    Your
    Estradiol: 26 pg/mL (range: 13-54)
    is nice, try aim at that mumber in the future.
    .
    .

  5. New Member
    zippybing's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Post-Doctors Visit Report


    So I met with my doctor today to discuss my results. Needless to say, he was surprised by how responsive I was to Clomid, and my jump from around 230 testosterone total to 1,117.

    I told him though about the negative effects I felt while on the Clomid, so he decided to try a different drug with me. I will be taking 20mg daily of Tamoxafen (sp?), and then Arimidex, 1.0mg, 1/2 tab weekly - to help keep Estradiol down. He said Tomaxafen is a 'cleaner' drug than Clomid and has fewer of the side effects.

    I did not mention hcg to him, although I have thought about it. Based on my results with this regime, I may bring it up next time.

    I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.

  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by zippybing View Post
    So I met with my doctor today to discuss my results. Needless to say, he was surprised by how responsive I was to Clomid, and my jump from around 230 testosterone total to 1,117.

    I told him though about the negative effects I felt while on the Clomid, so he decided to try a different drug with me. I will be taking 20mg daily of Tamoxafen (sp?), and then Arimidex, 1.0mg, 1/2 tab weekly - to help keep Estradiol down. He said Tomaxafen is a 'cleaner' drug than Clomid and has fewer of the side effects.

    I did not mention hcg to him, although I have thought about it. Based on my results with this regime, I may bring it up next time.

    I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.
    CLOMID AND NOLVADEX, Arimidex ARE NOT LONG TERM TRT !!
    Hcg is the better long term..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  7. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by zippybing View Post
    I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.
    What Matrix said.

    Clomid (and other SERMS) block your estrogen receptors making your body feel the effects of low estrogen. Low estrogen=low libido. I've experienced this twice with clomid, now I'm on hCG.

  8. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You are a very good candidate for HCG.
    Dose (250-600iu) EOD
    May be more (up to about 1250iu) if your E2 does not go up too much.
    Preferably you should try HCG dose that would not increase your E2, but if you have to, use Arimidex, max dose 1.5mg/week, frequent, small doses.
    Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liqui d)=Anastrozole(liquid)

    If possible do your blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at quest.
    These tests:

    35 IGF Binding protein-3
    36 IGF-1
    40 DHEA sulfate
    41 Prolactin - (746X)
    44 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS - (17183X)
    45 Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X)
    46 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
    47 Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    48 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
    49 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
    -------------------------------------------

    Goals

    DHEAs(500-640)
    E2(25-29)
    BAT(460-575)(BioAvailableTestosterone) somewhat smaller BAT may be acceptable if achieved only when using HCG
    DHT(60-90)
    -------------------------------------------
    .
    You and you brother may have some common pituitary problems.
    .
    Your
    Estradiol: 26 pg/mL (range: 13-54)
    is nice, try aim at that mumber in the future.
    .
    .

    I tried EOD and E2 increased. I was warned by my doctor. FWIW, my best results have been E3D or twice per week.

  9. Senior Member
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I tried EOD and E2 increased. I was warned by my doctor. FWIW, my best results have been E3D or twice per week.
    You still taking test, Colkurtz? What's the current protocol and how's it working?

    Hope you are well.

  10. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I tried EOD and E2 increased. I was warned by my doctor. FWIW, my best results have been E3D or twice per week.
    colkurtz, what is your E3D dose? I am doing 250iu E3D.

  11. New Member
    DavesNotHere's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    155
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    I always noticed the libido kicks in a few days after stopping clomid.
    Same here.
    Clomid does not make me feel so great, but it works. I've noticed a higher dose = lower libido for me.

  12. New Member
    DavesNotHere's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    155
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by zippybing View Post

    I'm still surprised though that I didn't FEEL better while I was on Clomid and my levels were as high as I was. Really would appreciate some insight from anyone who has taken Clomid - and if they also didn't necessarily feel the effects of the Testosterone bump they received.
    Not everybody has that 'feel good' experience. I sure don't while on Clomid.

  13. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    You still taking test, Colkurtz? What's the current protocol and how's it working?

    Hope you are well.
    Thanks Jinxie! I hope all is well with you. I'm on HCG alone. The results are much better for me.

  14. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    colkurtz, what is your E3D dose? I am doing 250iu E3D.
    1500 IUs every third day.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. clomid challenge results - what's good?
    By dryerase in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
  2. amazing results on clomid
    By p0fell0w in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
  3. My clomid results-- good
    By LeanGuy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
  4. Clomid Therapy and lack of results
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
  5. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in