Awards
I did blood test twice
One at 8:30 am
total 15 nmol/l range 8.4 -28.7
free 39 pmol/l range 31 pmol/l -94 pmol/l

then second time around 11:30 a.m.
total 8.5 nmol/l range 8.4 -28.7
free 25 pmol/l range 31 pmol/l -94 pmol/l

I do realize that's recommended time from 7-10. But does it fluctuate that much?

Based on the second result family physicians immediately recommends to try androgel 5 mg

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
There's charts/graphs floating around on the internet that show the 24hour fluctuations in testosterone in males. The low starts around 1pm midday being the lowest and continues till around 11pm I think then it rises again. Early morning it's at a high hence the morning erections.

I had the graph, if i find it I will post.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I did blood test twice
One at 8:30 am
total 15 nmol/l range 8.4 -28.7
free 39 pmol/l range 31 pmol/l -94 pmol/l

then second time around 11:30 a.m.
total 8.5 nmol/l range 8.4 -28.7
free 25 pmol/l range 31 pmol/l -94 pmol/l

I do realize that's recommended time from 7-10. But does it fluctuate that much?

Based on the second result family physicians immediately recommends to try androgel 5 mg
Very bad move, stop it, or do not use it now until more tests are done.

Your testis are producing something.
Possibly they are able to do all required production but they may just not be getting strong enough orders to do so.
By using external testosterone your testicles will be shut down and you will loose their production.
Even if testis are not able to produce enough testosterone they produce other hormones and semen. You will loose that other production plus will become sterile.

If this interest you, say, we may continue.
Me or others will chime and let you know the proper sequence of events.

MikeM72

Awards
Very bad move, stop it, or do not use it now until more tests are done.

Your testis are producing something.
Possibly they are able to do all required production but they may just not be getting strong enough orders to do so.
By using external testosterone your testicles will be shut down and you will loose their production.
Even if testis are not able to produce enough testosterone they produce other hormones and semen. You will loose that other production plus will become sterile.

If this interest you, say, we may continue.
Me or others will chime and let you know the proper sequence of events.
Thanks for the reply. I did reject his offer realizing he knows nothing about hormones. He didn't even know that it may shutdown own T production

I'm still waiting for endo appointment.
But what are my options then? The main problem libido close to zero and ED ;-( ED pills kind of help but do nothing for libido.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I did reject his offer realizing he knows nothing about hormones. He didn't even know that it may shutdown own T production

But what are my options then? The main problem libido close to zero and ED ;-( ED pills kind of help but do nothing for libido.

erections have nothing to do with testosterone

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
erections have nothing to do with testosterone

That is strongly misleading. It does and it doesn't.

It has more to do with T/E ratio. T is still involved heavily in this factor ;) Without T there is no E, and they have to be in the right balance. For libido + ED issues, I would look at T/E ratio and then DHT levels, in that order.

This man's levels don't look too bad. They can likely be fixed via lifestyle and nutritional changes.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Having looked at the chart , can i assume that estrogen levels will rise inaccordance with the rise in test.If that is the case then AI s need not be taken before bed but on wakening?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

For now, forget about libido.
First adjust as many items as possible to their best levels that you can.
Then see what happens to your libido.

Do good blood testing first.
My list is on post #44 between blue lines, here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

If you can't swing the whole list, do as much as you can.
Definitely do not start with 5grams of Androgel.

Best, do the testing at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest.
After you do that testing post results here.
Analyte, value, units, range

At that time post your complaints, relevant history.
History of any accidents or sickness.
Height, waist size.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Having looked at the chart , can i assume that estrogen levels will rise inaccordance with the rise in test.If that is the case then AI s need not be taken before bed but on wakening?

no one got an answer?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm I cant find my old post about this, but basically alot of your T production goes on during the night, so take your AI pre-bed, and it will decrease the amount of aromatase during the night. In the morning, your production is starting to lower.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hmm I cant find my old post about this, but basically alot of your T production goes on during the night, so take your AI pre-bed, and it will decrease the amount of aromatase during the night. In the morning, your production is starting to lower.
Thanks but if your taking testosterone from an external source as in test replacement therapy, is there a "best time" to take an A I as in does it matter when its taken .As i see it test from test replacement doesnt work in the same way as natural test .Whereas there is peaks and troughs throughout the 24 hour period of natural test, test injected in an oil base for example will provide a steady slow release of test until eventually it tapers off and runs out.So is estrogen output more constant also?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always thought most AI's have an active half life of over 1 day.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always thought most AI's half an active half life of over 1 day.
That's what i was thinking if that's the case( which I'm 99% sure it is) Then you can take an AI anytime during the day because of the longer half life.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For convenience, I take it at the time of shot (w/hcg)

MikeM72

Awards
Thanks JanSz,

I'm from Canada where we have "free" healthcare. So there is no labs like you guys have. I'll have to convince my endo to do those tests. I'm not sure if endo will do this. He is professor of endocrinology and not likely to listen patients. I'll try anyway.

I don't have long medical history . Varicocele, hydrocele more then 10 years ago. Recently discovered that I have HBP but who knows for how long. I'm 6ft and 185 lbs. Non smoker, no drugs.

Understanding to use TRT as a last resort what other options to boost T level?

So far I'll watch my diet. I'll start to take Zinc supplements 35mg + 2mg copper,do more exercise. Any other recommendations?
Thanks,