Liver Support?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am on a fair amount of meds, and am concerned about my liver. Additionally, since beginning HRT, my lipid profile has deteriorated significantly.

I am currently taking Milk Thistle, SAMe, Betaine HCL, and NAC. I have read good things about Vitex (chasteberry).

Can anyone offer any suggestions on improving liver function in the face of taking meds that are hard on the liver.

Additionally, any thoughts on the statins, and whether they help the liver in the process of improving lipid profile?

TIA.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Something like LivaTone Plus powder would provide you with complete liver health.

It will improve AST, ALT and GGT markers.

Contains Milk Thistle at 35,000mg per 2 level teaspoons + green tea extract, B Vitamins, Zinc, Cysteine, Taurine, Glutamine and Glycine + Vitamine E and Calcium and a few other things a great overall liver product.

If i remember correctly the clinically effective dose of milk thistle to actually improve liver markers is 420mg or about 35g so you need a fairly high dose and this product has that.

What meds are you on exactly?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Something like LivaTone Plus powder would provide you with complete liver health.

It will improve AST, ALT and GGT markers.

Contains Milk Thistle at 35,000mg per 2 level teaspoons + green tea extract, B Vitamins, Zinc, Cysteine, Taurine, Glutamine and Glycine + Vitamine E and Calcium and a few other things a great overall liver product.

If i remember correctly the clinically effective dose of milk thistle to actually improve liver markers is 420mg or about 35g so you need a fairly high dose and this product has that.

What meds are you on exactly?
Excessive milk thistles lower manganese and ferritin levels so be careful. I have seen it in blood tests reports when people go krazy with the stuff.
If you are waking up at night time that is sign of the liver is imbalances. Accupuncture may help bringing body back into balance in addition to modern medicine. Reason you are getting sleep issues is because your cortisol is lowering and your blood sugar levels is going out of balance which is resulting in you getting up..Or that your getting an adrenal rush ...So to rememdy sleep try eating a baked potatoe with some sea salt sprinkle on it before going to bed and see if tha help knock you down. Taking 5 htps is not like takin trytophan because you are not taking converting it to niacin so I recomemend when taking 5 htp to add 200-500 mgs of niacin to help wit this conversion.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Liv52 is probably one of the best liver support supps out there.