Testosterone/etc. test results - Please Comment!

  1. New Member
    Shrike's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    72
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    12.5%

    Testosterone/etc. test results - Please Comment!


    Hi all, I am a 26 year old male with a sometimes low sex drive and mood swings. Sometimes I have difficulty maintaining erections and sometimes not really. I managed to get a blood test focusing on some sex hormones and I was curious if anyone could comment on these levels for a 26 year old male.

    Free Testosterone - 1.34 ng/dL ( Ref. Range .95 - 4.30 )
    Testosterone Level - 323 ng/dL ( Ref. Range 240 - 1048 )
    Follicle Stimulating Hormone Level - 2.3 mIU/mL ( Ref. Range 1.6 - 11 )
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 20 nmol/L ( Ref. Range 13 - 71 )
    Estradiol - 30.3 pg/mL ( Ref. Range 11 - 32.1 )
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - 2.11 uIU/mL ( Ref. Range .50 - 5.20)
    Prolactin - 5.4 ng/mL ( Ref. Range < = 18.0 )



    Any comments from anyone knowledgeable would be helpful. It seems like, as far as testosterone goes, I am on the very low end, just above abnormal. I am wondering if I should go see an HRT doctor.

    Thanks!

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Hi all, I am a 26 year old male with a sometimes low sex drive and mood swings. Sometimes I have difficulty maintaining erections and sometimes not really. I managed to get a blood test focusing on some sex hormones and I was curious if anyone could comment on these levels for a 26 year old male.

    Free Testosterone - 1.34 ng/dL ( Ref. Range .95 - 4.30 )
    Testosterone Level - 323 ng/dL ( Ref. Range 240 - 1048 )
    Follicle Stimulating Hormone Level - 2.3 mIU/mL ( Ref. Range 1.6 - 11 )
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - 20 nmol/L ( Ref. Range 13 - 71 )
    Estradiol - 30.3 pg/mL ( Ref. Range 11 - 32.1 )
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - 2.11 uIU/mL ( Ref. Range .50 - 5.20)
    Prolactin - 5.4 ng/mL ( Ref. Range < = 18.0 )



    Any comments from anyone knowledgeable would be helpful. It seems like, as far as testosterone goes, I am on the very low end, just above abnormal. I am wondering if I should go see an HRT doctor.

    Thanks!
    Check your thyroid, cholesterol, glucose/insuline.
    When you find defficiency, attempt to make corrections.
    All little bit may help to raise your testosterone.

    If you decide to work more directly at increasing your testosterone, the first thing you must do is start with HCG supplementation (say 250iu/ EOD).

    I am assuming that you want to be fertile in the future.
    If you would start with supplying testosterone as a first step that would shut down your testis and possibly damage them enough so you may become infertile.

    For ideas on testing see my blood test list at post #44 between blue lines, here:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
  3. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13344
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    4.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I may be wrong here and welcome anyone to put me right,but as i see it you have high E and low T but your shbg is low which should mean you have high free test but its less than half way.Testosterone converts to estradiol via aromatase so i would have thought if you had high free test level , that would mean there was plenty to convert to estrogen but test is quite low . I hope someone can explain a lot better than me, but thats my input as i see it
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    I may be wrong here and welcome anyone to put me right,but as i see it you have high E and low T but your shbg is low which should mean you have high free test but its less than half way.Testosterone converts to estradiol via aromatase so i would have thought if you had high free test level , that would mean there was plenty to convert to estrogen but test is quite low . I hope someone can explain a lot better than me, but thats my input as i see it
    His E2 looks about right
    Estradiol - 30.3 pg/mL ( Ref. Range 11 - 32.1 )
    ---------------------------------------------

    We usually do Quest test

    Either
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (10-50) pg/mL

    or
    Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X) (<29 pg/mL)

    and try to be (25-29)
    I think he do not have E2 problem.
  5. New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    59.78%

    you could always do test/hcg combo cycle. thats what i do. had my sperm checked and everything was normal
  6. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    204462
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    2.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Get these tested:

    LH
    Free T3
    Free T4
    DHEA-S
    DHT

    Cholesterol Profile
    Fasted Glucose

    Maybe also Aldosterone and Progesterone

    Those simple tests should be able to point out any other possible issues causing low test/libido/ed problems
  7. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13344
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    4.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    His E2 looks about right
    Estradiol - 30.3 pg/mL ( Ref. Range 11 - 32.1 )
    ---------------------------------------------

    I think he do not have E2 problem.
    Would he not benefit from having an E level about half way or possible lower.

    At the end of the day is it not how the person feels , results dont always tell the true picture
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low testosterone-recent test results
    By albacore44 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 11:04 PM
  2. Blood work for Testosterone/etc. please comment
    By Shrike in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. How can I lower my Testosterone test results
    By JustinN in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in