ED, tyrosine & phenylalanine making me worse

  1. ED, tyrosine & phenylalanine making me worse


    Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

    It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

    So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

    Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jxpx1 View Post
    Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

    It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

    So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

    Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!
    Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by thenxtgrt1 View Post
    Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.
    Exactly what I was going to suggest.

    Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Exactly what I was going to suggest.

    Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?
    I see recommendations of P5P on occassion. What benefit is this supplement? I know it's a form of B-6..

Similar Forum Threads

  1. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine vs L-Tyrosine Ethyl Ester
    By LiveNDie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. Test & Tren / Avoiding Making Gyno Worse
    By Antiflag262 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
  3. Phenylalanine and Tyrosine cause Cancer?!?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
  4. D-phenylalanine
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 10:44 PM
  5. N-Acetyl L-tyrosine vs L-Tyrosine
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Log in
Log in