ED, tyrosine & phenylalanine making me worse

1. ED, tyrosine & phenylalanine making me worse

Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!

2. Quote Originally Posted by jxpx1 View Post
    Alright so about a year and a half ago I took propecia for a month, but i stopped because i got all the sexual sides, which i STILL suffer from. So about 6 months ago my doc prescribed Bromocriptine because I tested with high prolactin. Although it got my prolactin back within range, it didn't help me too much sexually, and I stopped taking it about a month ago. Overall i took it for 6 months at 1.25mg a day.

It seems like after i stopped the Bromocriptine I slowly started to get better sexually. (Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist by the way)

So last week i start taking tyrosine and phenylalanine at 500mg a day each. The first couple of days I really noticed a difference in sex drive and erection frequency. But since then its been downhill, now I feel horrible sexually again. Very weak orgasms, erections, and little/no morning wood.

Why would this happen? I dont see how raising my dopamine would make my sexual problems worse!
    Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by thenxtgrt1 View Post
    Maybe your system downregulated to the supp's after initial boost. I've noticed after taking things for a couple of days/weeks, that positive effects will begin to subside. You might want to try taking a few days off and then starting back and see how that does.
    Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

4. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Both of those compounds can also convert to other neurotransmitters...maybe you should also try low dose P5P and l-dopa?
    I see recommendations of P5P on occassion. What benefit is this supplement? I know it's a form of B-6..

Similar Forum Threads

1. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine vs L-Tyrosine Ethyl Ester
    By LiveNDie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
  2. Test & Tren / Avoiding Making Gyno Worse
    By Antiflag262 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 11:48 PM
  3. Phenylalanine and Tyrosine cause Cancer?!?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
  4. D-phenylalanine
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 11:44 PM
  5. N-Acetyl L-tyrosine vs L-Tyrosine
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM