Toco-8 and DHT

1. Registered User

Toco-8 and DHT

Does toco-8 have any effect on DHT? Ive tried doing some research, cant seem to get a clear answer. Any ideas?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joe143 View Post
    Does toco-8 have any effect on DHT? Ive tried doing some research, cant seem to get a clear answer. Any ideas?

Nope..no direct effect on DHT. Stack it with Virile Mane for best results.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

indirectly yes, by suppling your body with tophenols, it preserves hair and stabilizes DHT levels
    board supporter
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    indirectly yes, by suppling your body with tophenols, it preserves hair and stabilizes DHT levels

Id like to know where you got that it stabilized DHT levels, this is a false claim.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by superone View Post
    Id like to know where you got that it stabilized DHT levels, this is a false claim.
    keyword is INDIRECTLY, tophenols provide nutrients to your hair follicles, increases SR-1T production of the hair follicles, does not alter levels but rather indirectly allows DHT levels from changing, maintaining, as well as gradaully improving hair thickness.
    board supporter
  6. Registered User

keyword is INDIRECTLY, tophenols provide nutrients to your hair follicles, increases SR-1T production of the hair follicles, does not alter levels but rather indirectly allows DHT levels from changing, maintaining, as well as gradaully improving hair thickness.

Please stop providing false info.

People, if you have hairloss Propecia is PROVEN to stop and regrow hair, clinical trials done by the FDA.

Toco-8 doesnt have any legitimate studies done to back up its claims. Plenty of bogus studies are produced by independant people and compaies trying to sell a product.

I know a few people on the hairloss boards that tried Toco-8 and it didnt do anything for there hair.

I tried googling SR-1T and came up with nothing. I tried googling SR-1T production and hair, and nothing came up. It it existed it would show up in a simple google search.

Also you say " allows DHT levels from changing ". This doesnt even make sense. So what good does that do? If i have sky high DHT levels, and i take Toco-8, it stops my sky high DHT levels from changing, well great, what good does that do! Also Eric has said many times Toco-8 has absolutely no effect on DHT levels.

Propecia on the other hand lowers DHT levels, which stops and regrows hairloss.

Please stop with the false claims.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

some studies have shown that men with low test levels are mostly prone or suffer from hair loss/male pattern.if there not already affected by it hereditarally.and people with high levels of DHT share the same risk.

by saying indirectly,i meant by test being raised by toco-8 will not directly effect or raise DHT levels,but rather raise/effect the test levels itself,which in turn raises/effect DHT levels.but the good thing about toco-8 is that it is a mild compound,which will not raise test/DHT levels to a critical or level of concern.but rather maintain an enviornment to promote healthy skin,hair,nails and so forth.which provides a healthy enviornment that promotes hair growth and a healthy balance.
    board supporter
  8. Banned

some studies have shown that men with low test levels are mostly prone or suffer from hair loss/male pattern.if there not already affected by it hereditarally.and people with high levels of DHT share the same risk.

by saying indirectly,i meant by test being raised by toco-8 will not directly effect or raise DHT levels,but rather raise/effect the test levels itself,which in turn raises/effect DHT levels.but the good thing about toco-8 is that it is a mild compound,which will not raise test/DHT levels to a critical or level of concern.but rather maintain an enviornment to promote healthy skin,hair,nails and so forth.which provides a healthy enviornment that promotes hair growth and a healthy balance.
    Yeah, ok...
    That's a clear explanation.
  9. Registered User

LOL, are you kidding me? Laim.

I know all about Tocotreinols, and they are simply Rice Bran and Germ, a good source of Vitamin E. They dont do a thing for balancing anything and for stopping GENETIC HAIRLOSS either. They may help your hair to "look" healthier, but if you are prone to DHT related hairloss, then DHT will continue to eat away and kill your hair follicles and Tocotreinols aka Vitamin E will do nothing to stop that process. There are plenty of other things that will make your hair "look" healthier but dont stop hairloss either.

You have hairloss? Want the best chance at saving your hair? Get on Propecia, end of story.

There are a lot of BOGUS claims about Propecia side effects, but 98% of people including myself dont get any side effects from it.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

You have hairloss? Want the best chance at saving your hair? Get on Propecia, end of story.

if propecia works for you.then why not.
    board supporter
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

So.. Toco 8 will raise test levels to a point without hairloss while getting some added Vitamin E benefit. It probably wont do much *alone* if one is on cycle to prevent DHT related hairloss but can't hurt as part of an arsenal.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    So.. Toco 8 will raise test levels to a point without hairloss while getting some added Vitamin E benefit. It probably wont do much *alone* if one is on cycle to prevent DHT related hairloss but can't hurt as part of an arsenal.
    you could add beta-sisterol to keep DHT levels in check, add virile maine for hair support
    board supporter
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

If Toco-8 does have an effect on DHT levels I wouldn’t say its significant enough to have any positive or negative effect.

Toco-8 may increase DHT through a small testosterone increase, but it also contains a small amount of beta-sitosterol which can help attenuate this increase. The end result on DHT levels is probably a wash.

No matter what your cause of hair loss, Toco-8 will help reduce fallout and possibly help increase number of hairs. We have had plenty of positive anecdotal results to back this up. [but of course, its not going to cause a full head of hair to regrow, nor is it as powerful as a side-effect causing pharmaceutical such as finesteride]

-Eric
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Beta-Sitosterol for DHT....how reliable is this product for that purpose?
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieFreeze View Post
    Beta-Sitosterol for DHT....how reliable is this product for that purpose?
    Probably almost as reliable as finasteride if you used enough... but I couldnt tell ya how much to use.

Progesterone can also be used for this purpose.

-Eric
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Probably almost as reliable as finasteride if you used enough... but I couldnt tell ya how much to use.

Progesterone can also be used for this purpose.
    -Eric
    I wouldnt mind a topical Progesterone product..
    I've tried Avodart for hairloss and nothing works quite like it...but it works too well as my circulating DHT levels dropped far below normal and got almost no gains on cycle. Perhaps every other day use might do the trick..
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Propecia is a bad choice. There are lots of guys with hormonal problems that started after using it.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Links to studies?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Toco-8 just keeps getting better
    By Rodja in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:34 PM
  2. Toco 8?
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 03:19 PM
  3. toco 8