Diabetes testing what is the best way...? - AnabolicMinds.com

Diabetes testing what is the best way...?

  1. MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    Diabetes testing what is the best way...?


    Im looking for the best test to do, so i can see if i have diabetes.

    Ive done glucose tolerance tests but they we're only two hour ones and im pretty sure i have hypoglycaemia, and i didnt fast properly when i did it. I have a blood sugar testing kit at home.

    Any opinions on 5 or 6 hour GTT tests?

  2. JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Im looking for the best test to do, so i can see if i have diabetes.

    Ive done glucose tolerance tests but they we're only two hour ones and im pretty sure i have hypoglycaemia, and i didnt fast properly when i did it. I have a blood sugar testing kit at home.

    Any opinions on 5 or 6 hour GTT tests?
    The tests to do is Glucose/Insuline Tolerance test w/75gram glucose.

    For at least a week before the test eat your everyday diet.
    Now is a holiday season, many people have drastic diet changes aronud holidays.

    Before test fast 9-12hours
    First blood draw 7AM fasting
    after first draw drink 75gram glucose
    draw blood every 30 minutes afterward until 3rd hour.
    Ask doc to write script:
    -------------------------------------------

    Glucose/Insuline Tolerance test, 75gram insuline.
    0 min
    30min
    60min
    90min
    120min
    150min
    180min
    ------------------------------------------

    I did two such tests within 2 months span.
    First test show me real bad
    I changed diet
    Second test is rather good.

    See my tests here:

    http://muscle-----chatroom.com/forum...ead.php?t=1777


    post #1 first test
    and post # 22 both posts
    ---------------------------
  3. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Im looking for the best test to do, so i can see if i have diabetes.

    Ive done glucose tolerance tests but they we're only two hour ones and im pretty sure i have hypoglycaemia, and i didnt fast properly when i did it. I have a blood sugar testing kit at home.

    Any opinions on 5 or 6 hour GTT tests?

    get your A1C tested!, normal fasting glucose works as well but i believe A1C is better.
    •   
       

  4. JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    get your A1C tested!, normal fasting glucose works as well but i believe A1C is better.
    I would give a priority to GITT

    A1C is good, it gives view of average glucose levels.
    You can convert it to average glucose levels (it looks more scary that way) using table or equation on my post #23, here;

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...bloodtest.html

    There is also

    IGF Binding Protein-1 (IGFBP-1)

    http://cas2.questdiagnostics.com/scr...&tmradio=title

    I have not used this test my self.
    Welcome comments on this one.
  5. RPHMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    184

    Reputation

    GTT is probably best, no need to go past 3 hours. Also, simply testing blood sugar at 1 and 2 hours after a meal with moderate or large amount of carbs is useful to determine what your blood sugar is doing after a "normal" meal.
  6. jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40608

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    get your A1C tested!, normal fasting glucose works as well but i believe A1C is better.
    This is first and foremost. It's the average glucose over the preceding 2-3 months. Fructosomine (spelling) is intermediate to glucose and HA1C tests.
  7. MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    I will try the sugar testing 1 and 2 hours after a meal.

    Although i had sugar 4.3 yesterday then had a meal and 1 hour after it was 4.9...

    Once when i had 100g of honey i checked it 2 hours later and it went to 12.6.

    I will do A1C and if possible the GITT, i assume my doctor can order this test and their is no need for specialist testing for a GITT test?
  8. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    I will try the sugar testing 1 and 2 hours after a meal.

    Although i had sugar 4.3 yesterday then had a meal and 1 hour after it was 4.9...

    Once when i had 100g of honey i checked it 2 hours later and it went to 12.6.

    I will do A1C and if possible the GITT, i assume my doctor can order this test and their is no need for specialist testing for a GITT test?
    im sure you can do the GTT on your own with a blood sugar monitor.

    just make sure you write donw your numbers.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. diabetes
    By DT5 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:36 AM
  3. ZMK and diabetes
    By poison in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
  4. IGF and diabetes
    By Skye in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
  5. diabetes
    By Crxy19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in