insulin pins for test injections subq???

DT5

Awards
  • Established
do people actually do this? I would love to do it this way, but i dont know if it would cause issues. i just read a thread where they discussed this issue very minimally. any opinions?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
do people actually do this? I would love to do it this way, but i dont know if it would cause issues. i just read a thread where they discussed this issue very minimally. any opinions?
http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=4724290&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

For the last two years I use these needles.
One T shot one day
Next day 2 shots, hcg & B12

I shoot everywhere under any angle, using only one hand, no skin pinching.

My blood tests are steady and predictable.
Frequent T-shots, similarly to frequent/daily transdermal T are conducive to not hiking E2 levels.
Currently I do not need to use Arimidex.
I feel those syringes with testosterone without any special procedure, push the needle in, turn vial upside down, pull the plunger fully out, wait couple minutes, remove bubles, do shot.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=4724290&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

For the last two years I use these needles.
One T shot one day
Next day 2 shots, hcg & B12

I shoot everywhere under any angle, using only one hand, no skin pinching.

My blood tests are steady and predictable.
Frequent T-shots, similarly to frequent/daily transdermal T are conducive to not hiking E2 levels.
Currently I do not need to use Arimidex.
I feel those syringes with testosterone without any special procedure, push the needle in, turn vial upside down, pull the plunger fully out, wait couple minutes, remove bubles, do shot.

your injectiong test sub q...thats wierd...do you get crazy welts or infections?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
your injectiong test sub q...thats wierd...do you get crazy welts or infections?
no crazy welts or infections
smooth ride,
steady and predictable blood test levels.

doing this for 2 years.
==========================================

31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle

day#1 one T-shot
day#2 two shots, HCG & B12

Happy Holidays!!

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I missed it but are you doing T shots every other day? I think you mentioned 3/10cc each shot.. What areas do you shoot?

no crazy welts or infections
smooth ride,
steady and predictable blood test levels.

doing this for 2 years.
==========================================

31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle

day#1 one T-shot
day#2 two shots, HCG & B12

Happy Holidays!!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I missed it but are you doing T shots every other day? I think you mentioned 3/10cc each shot.. What areas do you shoot?
For the last two years I am doing shots every day.
On one day I do one shot, that is Testosterone shot.
On next day I do two shots, one HCG and the other B12(methylcobalamine).

Testosterone=Original Depo-Testosterone 200mg/mL
each shot=25units=0.25cc=0.25mL
That comes to weekly average dose 0.25*7/2*200=175mg/week

HCG shot=380IU
I figured that dose on my post #62 here (bottom chart on bottom of the post, this is per study to which the link I posted above that chart:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-3.html
==============================
======
===
For all my shots and for HCG preparation, for everything, I use only this one type insuline syringe with needle:

http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=4724316&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95

I shoot everywhere, without regard for muscle/fat or IM/subQ considerations.
I use only one hand to do my shot (the other hand may be in the pocket).
I shoot everywhere, any angle, (well angle about 30-90 degree to the skin surface).
I press the needle in, untill tip of syringe makes about 1/4" dimple in the skin.

=======================
===================
========

Freequent injections are important, specially if one have a high E2 or low SHBG problems.
Some guys in Australia must use testosterone that comes in 1cc prefilled syringes (fixed needle).
I adviced them to use the same needle 4x (just not to share it with anyone else).
==========================
=================
======
Another note:
This small syringes that I use have (practically) no dead space.
Using large syringes and large needles one have to deal with large dead space.
Attempting to do 0.25cc injections with that setup one will loose another 0.25cc due to dead space.
==================================================================
For TRT purpose I do these blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood draw 24hrs after t-shot:

45 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
47 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
48 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
-------------
Goals
BAT~575
E2(20-30)
DHT upper range or slightly over
====================================

Currently I do not use Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)
================

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. I may give this a shot (no pun intended) shortly.. The last time I tried - I only did it once and was red and itchy for a few days. Is that something you've gotten used to when injecting into fat?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For the last two years I am doing shots every day.
On one day I do one shot, that is Testosterone shot.
On next day I do two shots, one HCG and the other B12(methylcobalamine).

Testosterone=Original Depo-Testosterone 200mg/mL
each shot=25units=0.25cc=0.25mL
That comes to weekly average dose 0.25*7/2*200=175mg/week

HCG shot=380IU
I figured that dose on my post #62 here (bottom chart on bottom of the post, this is per study to which the link I posted above that chart:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-3.html
==============================
======
===
For all my shots and for HCG preparation, for everything, I use only this one type insuline syringe with needle:

http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=4724316&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95

I shoot everywhere, without regard for muscle/fat or IM/subQ considerations.
I use only one hand to do my shot (the other hand may be in the pocket).
I shoot everywhere, any angle, (well angle about 30-90 degree to the skin surface).
I press the needle in, untill tip of syringe makes about 1/4" dimple in the skin.

=======================
===================
========

Freequent injections are important, specially if one have a high E2 or low SHBG problems.
Some guys in Australia must use testosterone that comes in 1cc prefilled syringes (fixed needle).
I adviced them to use the same needle 4x (just not to share it with anyone else).
==========================
=================
======
Another note:
This small syringes that I use have (practically) no dead space.
Using large syringes and large needles one have to deal with large dead space.
Attempting to do 0.25cc injections with that setup one will loose another 0.25cc due to dead space.
==================================================================
For TRT purpose I do these blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood draw 24hrs after t-shot:

45 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
47 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
48 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
-------------
Goals
BAT~575
E2(20-30)
DHT upper range or slightly over
====================================

Currently I do not use Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)
================
Why would low SHBG be helped with more frequent shots? I'd like my SHBG lower, so less test would get me higher free T. I think you may have it reversed -- just a guess.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Why would low SHBG be helped with more frequent shots? I'd like my SHBG lower, so less test would get me higher free T. I think you may have it reversed -- just a guess.
I am not saying that SHBG is helped in any way by the type of shots.

SHBG is a storage space.

Same size shots will have a larger impact the smaller the space.
Reducing shot's size, eases the impact on SHBG.

In one of his posts dr marianco was advicing more frequent shots when one's SHB is low.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS
M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous (SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear. We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using SC therapy. Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism.

Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 1 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks.

Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8.

At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected.

Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p¼0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l). Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50–100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.

The only downside I see is, large volumes may not be advisable subq.