insulin pins for test injections subq???

  1. New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    60.92%

    insulin pins for test injections subq???


    do people actually do this? I would love to do it this way, but i dont know if it would cause issues. i just read a thread where they discussed this issue very minimally. any opinions?

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    do people actually do this? I would love to do it this way, but i dont know if it would cause issues. i just read a thread where they discussed this issue very minimally. any opinions?
    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

    For the last two years I use these needles.
    One T shot one day
    Next day 2 shots, hcg & B12

    I shoot everywhere under any angle, using only one hand, no skin pinching.

    My blood tests are steady and predictable.
    Frequent T-shots, similarly to frequent/daily transdermal T are conducive to not hiking E2 levels.
    Currently I do not need to use Arimidex.
    .
    I feel those syringes with testosterone without any special procedure, push the needle in, turn vial upside down, pull the plunger fully out, wait couple minutes, remove bubles, do shot.
  3. Professional Member
    mooch2321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    2015
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    59.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

    For the last two years I use these needles.
    One T shot one day
    Next day 2 shots, hcg & B12

    I shoot everywhere under any angle, using only one hand, no skin pinching.

    My blood tests are steady and predictable.
    Frequent T-shots, similarly to frequent/daily transdermal T are conducive to not hiking E2 levels.
    Currently I do not need to use Arimidex.
    .
    I feel those syringes with testosterone without any special procedure, push the needle in, turn vial upside down, pull the plunger fully out, wait couple minutes, remove bubles, do shot.

    your injectiong test sub q...thats wierd...do you get crazy welts or infections?
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    your injectiong test sub q...thats wierd...do you get crazy welts or infections?
    no crazy welts or infections
    smooth ride,
    steady and predictable blood test levels.

    doing this for 2 years.
    ============================== ============

    31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle

    day#1 one T-shot
    day#2 two shots, HCG & B12

    Happy Holidays!!
    .
    .
  5. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    789
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Maybe I missed it but are you doing T shots every other day? I think you mentioned 3/10cc each shot.. What areas do you shoot?

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    no crazy welts or infections
    smooth ride,
    steady and predictable blood test levels.

    doing this for 2 years.
    ============================== ============

    31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle

    day#1 one T-shot
    day#2 two shots, HCG & B12

    Happy Holidays!!
    .
    .
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    Maybe I missed it but are you doing T shots every other day? I think you mentioned 3/10cc each shot.. What areas do you shoot?
    For the last two years I am doing shots every day.
    On one day I do one shot, that is Testosterone shot.
    On next day I do two shots, one HCG and the other B12(methylcobalamine).

    Testosterone=Original Depo-Testosterone 200mg/mL
    each shot=25units=0.25cc=0.25mL
    That comes to weekly average dose 0.25*7/2*200=175mg/week

    HCG shot=380IU
    I figured that dose on my post #62 here (bottom chart on bottom of the post, this is per study to which the link I posted above that chart:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...oodtest-3.html
    ==============================
    ======
    ===
    For all my shots and for HCG preparation, for everything, I use only this one type insuline syringe with needle:

    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95

    I shoot everywhere, without regard for muscle/fat or IM/subQ considerations.
    I use only one hand to do my shot (the other hand may be in the pocket).
    I shoot everywhere, any angle, (well angle about 30-90 degree to the skin surface).
    I press the needle in, untill tip of syringe makes about 1/4" dimple in the skin.

    =======================
    ===================
    ========

    Freequent injections are important, specially if one have a high E2 or low SHBG problems.
    Some guys in Australia must use testosterone that comes in 1cc prefilled syringes (fixed needle).
    I adviced them to use the same needle 4x (just not to share it with anyone else).
    ==========================
    =================
    ======
    Another note:
    This small syringes that I use have (practically) no dead space.
    Using large syringes and large needles one have to deal with large dead space.
    Attempting to do 0.25cc injections with that setup one will loose another 0.25cc due to dead space.
    .
    ============================== ============================== ======
    For TRT purpose I do these blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood draw 24hrs after t-shot:

    45 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
    47 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
    48 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
    -------------
    Goals
    BAT~575
    E2(20-30)
    DHT upper range or slightly over
    ============================== ======

    Currently I do not use Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liqui d)=Anastrozole(liquid)
    .
    .
    ================
  7. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    789
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thank you. I may give this a shot (no pun intended) shortly.. The last time I tried - I only did it once and was red and itchy for a few days. Is that something you've gotten used to when injecting into fat?
  8. Senior Member
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    40608
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    For the last two years I am doing shots every day.
    On one day I do one shot, that is Testosterone shot.
    On next day I do two shots, one HCG and the other B12(methylcobalamine).

    Testosterone=Original Depo-Testosterone 200mg/mL
    each shot=25units=0.25cc=0.25mL
    That comes to weekly average dose 0.25*7/2*200=175mg/week

    HCG shot=380IU
    I figured that dose on my post #62 here (bottom chart on bottom of the post, this is per study to which the link I posted above that chart:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...oodtest-3.html
    ==============================
    ======
    ===
    For all my shots and for HCG preparation, for everything, I use only this one type insuline syringe with needle:

    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box Price: $25.95

    I shoot everywhere, without regard for muscle/fat or IM/subQ considerations.
    I use only one hand to do my shot (the other hand may be in the pocket).
    I shoot everywhere, any angle, (well angle about 30-90 degree to the skin surface).
    I press the needle in, untill tip of syringe makes about 1/4" dimple in the skin.

    =======================
    ===================
    ========

    Freequent injections are important, specially if one have a high E2 or low SHBG problems.
    Some guys in Australia must use testosterone that comes in 1cc prefilled syringes (fixed needle).
    I adviced them to use the same needle 4x (just not to share it with anyone else).
    ==========================
    =================
    ======
    Another note:
    This small syringes that I use have (practically) no dead space.
    Using large syringes and large needles one have to deal with large dead space.
    Attempting to do 0.25cc injections with that setup one will loose another 0.25cc due to dead space.
    .
    ============================== ============================== ======
    For TRT purpose I do these blood tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood draw 24hrs after t-shot:

    45 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
    47 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
    48 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
    -------------
    Goals
    BAT~575
    E2(20-30)
    DHT upper range or slightly over
    ============================== ======

    Currently I do not use Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liqui d)=Anastrozole(liquid)
    .
    .
    ================
    Why would low SHBG be helped with more frequent shots? I'd like my SHBG lower, so less test would get me higher free T. I think you may have it reversed -- just a guess.
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Why would low SHBG be helped with more frequent shots? I'd like my SHBG lower, so less test would get me higher free T. I think you may have it reversed -- just a guess.
    I am not saying that SHBG is helped in any way by the type of shots.

    SHBG is a storage space.

    Same size shots will have a larger impact the smaller the space.
    Reducing shot's size, eases the impact on SHBG.

    In one of his posts dr marianco was advicing more frequent shots when one's SHB is low.
    .
    .
  10. Advanced Member
    heavyiron's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    365540
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    63.73%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    do people actually do this? I would love to do it this way, but i dont know if it would cause issues. i just read a thread where they discussed this issue very minimally. any opinions?
    STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS
    M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
    Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
    Hamilton, ON, Canada

    Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous (SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear. We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using SC therapy. Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism.

    Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 1 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks.

    Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8.

    At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected.

    Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l). Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

    Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.

    The only downside I see is, large volumes may not be advisable subq.
    __________________
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15
    IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Nutrition
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
  2. Need syringes/pins for Test injections.
    By WC1968 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
  3. Another benefit to SubQ testosterone injections
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM
  4. SubQ Tren Enan Injections
    By nattydisaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in