oil from forehead and nose,

D

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I stoppe dtaking T injections 4 months back. I get oil from my forehead and nose few times eveeryday and it smells differently. why is that happening? Does it mean I have high E2. Right now i dont have any symptoms of low T.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the oil is related to dht levels.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can you be more specific about the oil? Is it just oil from your face like most people have or what?

Also Trip, Does that mean they are lower than normal, or higher. I am assuming with higher levels of DHT he would see some other effects here...

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you be more specific about the oil? Is it just oil from your face like most people have or what?

Also Trip, Does that mean they are lower than normal, or higher. I am assuming with higher levels of DHT he would see some other effects here...
Yea higher levels of dht will cause oil and acne.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Yea higher levels of dht will cause oil and acne.
So in turn it will make the oil in such areas smells differently as well?
Never really heard of this scenario before.

D

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established

I feel like some liquid on my forehead . When I try to wipe it off , it feels like oil and smell it , it is not good smell.But it's very very small amount,but i cannot bear the smell.
When I was on injections, I used to get lot of oil from forehead. I stopped injections because it did not do any good to me.
How can I reduce DHT naturally. I dont want to use any medicines.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like some liquid on my forehead . When I try to wipe it off , it feels like oil and smell it , it is not good smell.But it's very very small amount,but i cannot bear the smell.
When I was on injections, I used to get lot of oil from forehead. I stopped injections because it did not do any good to me.
Nettle root, or saw palmetto.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ever since being on HRT, I put off a WHOLE lot more body odor. I need to scrub my pits with a brush to get it off me. When I take my glasses off, there is always a prominent area of oil. Fortunately, I don't get much acne. But more oil and odor, and thinning of hair at the crown. If you post on the steroid board, or just search, you can find solutions.

Trip's advice is spot on. Nutraplanet has a concentrated nettle extract that looks good.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
People with combination skin have the tendency to have an oily "T-Zone" (the forehead and nose area of your face). I have oily skin, and my t-zone gets much oilier any time I take a supplement that increases my hormone production or go heavy on squats. An you are right, the smell is kind of bad.

Use an astringent to help control the oil, but don't use it too much or your skin will break out. Alternatively you can remove the oil throughout the day by splashing water on your face and blot drying (I've done that before), it will remove some of the oil and prevent over-drying which can also cause breakouts.

If you want a more portable solution, there are some small wipes you can buy at your local Eckerds, CVS, Walgreens, etc. They look like small paper wipes and super-absorb oil.

I hope that helps.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Ever since being on HRT, I put off a WHOLE lot more body odor. I need to scrub my pits with a brush to get it off me. When I take my glasses off, there is always a prominent area of oil. Fortunately, I don't get much acne. But more oil and odor, and thinning of hair at the crown. If you post on the steroid board, or just search, you can find solutions.

Trip's advice is spot on. Nutraplanet has a concentrated nettle extract that looks good.
I am missing my body odor and dreams.

Constantly searching how to get them back.

I used to feel my body odor comming out of hot shower, now absolutely nothing, feel sad.
/

D

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
People with combination skin have the tendency to have an oily "T-Zone" (the forehead and nose area of your face). I have oily skin, and my t-zone gets much oilier any time I take a supplement that increases my hormone production or go heavy on squats. An you are right, the smell is kind of bad.

Use an astringent to help control the oil, but don't use it too much or your skin will break out. Alternatively you can remove the oil throughout the day by splashing water on your face and blot drying (I've done that before), it will remove some of the oil and prevent over-drying which can also cause breakouts.

If you want a more portable solution, there are some small wipes you can buy at your local Eckerds, CVS, Walgreens, etc. They look like small paper wipes and super-absorb oil.

I hope that helps.
I dont use any tetsosterone suplements. I stopped it 4 months back. Still my t-zone gets much oiler.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Are you lifting heavier, particularly on leg exercises?

Sometimes I break out and my face, especially forehead and nose, get a lot oilier when I start going heavy on squats

You know how they say "shrinkage" cannot be used as agauge to determine shutdown? Well, I have a similar gauge with oil on my face and acne, and over the years I have noticed facial oil increases when I focus more on legs even if I'm taking zero supplements.

I've also noticed it late after PCT, I guess it is my body getting back to normal.

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
I have had oily skin for awhile now, and its ****ing ruining my social life, its that bad. I'm waiting for an order of vitamin b5 powder. I'm going to be taking 5-10mg a day. Supposedly its almost as good as Accutane as far as reducing sebum production.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have had oily skin for awhile now, and its ****ing ruining my social life, its that bad. I'm waiting for an order of vitamin b5 powder. I'm going to be taking 5-10mg a day. Supposedly its almost as good as Accutane as far as reducing sebum production.
Yup, vitamin b5 and also retin-a (topical isotretinoin) for spot use on acne and any old spots that aren't going away (any scaring, etc). You will need a good exfoliant and a non-greasy moisturizer too.

Vitamin b5 isn't as good though, acne immediately will come back when you stop using it, unlike accutane which will keep it at bay for some time after use. But I think retin-a is much safer than accutane overall. I have a really bad time with bacne and I'm having some good results with b5 + retin-a.

I'm one of those unlucky people who even with low androgens/lowish test - I still get oily skin and acne, mostly on my back but occassionally on face/neck. So yeah when I add test or androgens to the picture, it gets even worse...sucks. I don't know why, but I think some people just have oily skin regardless of sex hormones, but hormones make it much worse.