The Cause of Aging

What is the first thing to decline/increase that starts the aging process?

• GH

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • DHEA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melatonin

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Progesterone

• Pregnenolone

• Mitochondrial energy

• Telomeres

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Testosterone

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Antioxidants

• Cortisol

• Scar tissue

• Insulin sensitivity

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
P

Predaking

Awards
What is the first thing to decline/increase that starts the aging process?

GH
DHEA
Melatonin
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Mitochondrial energy
Telomeres
Testosterone
Antioxidants
Cortisol
Scar tissue
Insulin sensitivity
Etc

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a very complex question, whose answer certainly depends on which theory or theories of aging one subscribes to. Extant theories of aging, whether they are of the Neuro-Endocrine, Free-Radical, Mitochondrial-Decline, Cross-Linking, DNA-Genetic extraction, or whatever else, have different starting points and trace different pathways. Hence, there are probably multiple answers.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
The man may be the smartest on this forum!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, agree with SM..there's no real definitive answer on this one IMO. Thousands of variables compounding tens of thousands more to the point where one could never truly say "Yep, that's the ONE!"

Research on telomeres is quite compelling, however I'm not totally convinced that this one factor is the magic bullet to end aging as some believe. It holds real potential though.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yep, agree with SM..there's no real definitive answer on this one IMO. Thousands of variables compounding tens of thousands more to the point where one could never truly say "Yep, that's the ONE!"

Research on telomeres is quite compelling, however I'm not totally convinced that this one factor is the magic bullet to end aging as some believe. It holds real potential though.
Let me break it down you to simple terms
50 % (lifestyle, nutritoinal imbalnaces, emotional stress,improper sleep, poor stress management)
30% (genetics)
20% hormonal imbalances

I presented to this information to seminars that I have gave with several dr's and they could not agree more...

As you can see 70% of the variables we can control
Right now I am working to possible get on board with an NFL team to work as health consultant to keep these million dollar machines well fine tuned and running at optimal level naturally. The package that I am bringing to the table will be like nothing they have ever seen before. If I am successful I will be the first of its kind in the NFL. I am going out to meet a representative for the team and talk to him on friday..