Question regarding optimal 50:1 Testosterone to Estrogen ratio

superone

Awards
  • Established
Ive been doing lots of reading and research, and came across a few websites with information, aswell as a book callled "Breaking The Aging Code" which i was able to read some of it online, and it stated that the optimal Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is 50:1, and that this is the ratio seen in healthy young men in their 20's.

They dont mean DHT or any other androgen, they say specifically 50:1 ratio of Testosterone to Estrogen, which im assuming includes all 3 estrogens Estradiol, Estrone, and Estriol.

Doesnt this seem like an really low level of Estrogen?

I know DHT levels in the body are 1/10th of that of the levels of Testosterone in the body, but what about Estrogen?

How would one even find out what there Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is? Since there is Total Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone, Total Estrogens, Bioavailable Estrogens ( i think?),ect?

Here are the links below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Breaking the Aging Code: Maximizing ... - Google Book Search

Andropause

Testosterone & The Anti Aging Hormone Shop With Testosterone Stimulators

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ive been doing lots of reading and research, and came across a few websites with information, aswell as a book callled "Breaking The Aging Code" which i was able to read some of it online, and it stated that the optimal Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is 50:1, and that this is the ratio seen in healthy young men in their 20's.

They dont mean DHT or any other androgen, they say specifically 50:1 ratio of Testosterone to Estrogen, which im assuming includes all 3 estrogens Estradiol, Estrone, and Estriol.

Doesnt this seem like an really low level of Estrogen?

I know DHT levels in the body are 1/10th of that of the levels of Testosterone in the body, but what about Estrogen?

How would one even find out what there Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is? Since there is Total Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone, Total Estrogens, Bioavailable Estrogens ( i think?),ect?

Here are the links below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Breaking the Aging Code: Maximizing ... - Google Book Search

Andropause

That ratio is most unrelistic 30:1 is more feasibile

superone

Awards
  • Established
So what tests can be done to find out your ratio?

texastea

Awards
The Testosterone/Estrogen ratio is an interesting concept. As mentioned in the bood, it seems that the author means total measurements of both hormones.

Given that the ratio is just a rough guideline, I'm not sure that the cost of testing total estrogen will be money well spent. Probably just as well to test Estradiol and figure an even rougher Testosterone/Estradiol ratio.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The Testosterone/Estrogen ratio is an interesting concept. As mentioned in the bood, it seems that the author means total measurements of both hormones.

Given that the ratio is just a rough guideline, I'm not sure that the cost of testing total estrogen will be money well spent. Probably just as well to test Estradiol and figure an even rougher Testosterone/Estradiol ratio.
Its really Bioavailable testosterone/Estrodial ratio ..would be more like 20-30:1 then 50 to one which really is almost impossible naturally

superone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix.

I have a quetion about the Bioavailable Testosterone and Totat T.

Does Total T matter at all?

Lets say you have 2 guys, with a Bioavailable T of 15, but one guy has a Total T of 300, and the other guy has a Total T of 700, does this mean that the guy with the 700 Total T has higher Bioavailable levels of T that his body can use? Does he have more benefits from this?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Matrix.

I have a quetion about the Bioavailable Testosterone and Totat T.

Does Total T matter at all?

Lets say you have 2 guys, with a Bioavailable T of 15, but one guy has a Total T of 300, and the other guy has a Total T of 700, does this mean that the guy with the 700 Total T has higher Bioavailable levels of T that his body can use? Does he have more benefits from this?

TotaLTestosterone=TT
BioAvailableTestosterone(SHBG)=BAT
FreeT
WealkyBoundTestosterone(Albumin)=WBT

BAT=WTB+FreeT

2men

with both men having same TT
SHBG(1)-first men
SHBG(2)-second men

SHBG(1)=2xSHBG(2)

Second man will have a BAT = twice the value of the first man.

(gross aproximation)

superone

Awards
  • Established
Ummmm, lol, thanks for trying to help but that went right over my head, i didnt understand that at all.

Doesnt a high Bioavailable Testosterone level automatically mean you have low SHBG levels?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ummmm, lol, thanks for trying to help but that went right over my head, i didnt understand that at all.

Doesnt a high Bioavailable Testosterone level automatically mean you have low SHBG levels?
Estrodial and shbg can help distinguish bio T ..they know have a bioavailable testosterone blood test which is very helpful..

superone

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ive had a Bioavailable T test done and it came back high just over the normal range which was cool, and my Total T was almost at the very top of normal range.

But lets say my Total T was lower but my Bioavailable T was the same level, would it make any difference in terms of any benefits such as muscle building, fat loss, sex drive,ect?

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ive had a Bioavailable T test done and it came back high just over the normal range which was cool, and my Total T was almost at the very top of normal range.

But lets say my Total T was lower but my Bioavailable T was the same level, would it make any difference in terms of any benefits such as muscle building, fat loss, sex drive,ect?
bumpitybump for this question

was wondering the exact same thing recently