Question regarding optimal 50:1 Testosterone to Estrogen ratio

1. Registered User

Question regarding optimal 50:1 Testosterone to Estrogen ratio

Ive been doing lots of reading and research, and came across a few websites with information, aswell as a book callled "Breaking The Aging Code" which i was able to read some of it online, and it stated that the optimal Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is 50:1, and that this is the ratio seen in healthy young men in their 20's.

They dont mean DHT or any other androgen, they say specifically 50:1 ratio of Testosterone to Estrogen, which im assuming includes all 3 estrogens Estradiol, Estrone, and Estriol.

Doesnt this seem like an really low level of Estrogen?

I know DHT levels in the body are 1/10th of that of the levels of Testosterone in the body, but what about Estrogen?

How would one even find out what there Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is? Since there is Total Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone, Total Estrogens, Bioavailable Estrogens ( i think?),ect?

Here are the links below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Breaking the Aging Code: Maximizing ... - Google Book Search

Andropause

Testosterone & The Anti Aging Hormone Shop With Testosterone Stimulators

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by superone View Post
    Ive been doing lots of reading and research, and came across a few websites with information, aswell as a book callled "Breaking The Aging Code" which i was able to read some of it online, and it stated that the optimal Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is 50:1, and that this is the ratio seen in healthy young men in their 20's.

They dont mean DHT or any other androgen, they say specifically 50:1 ratio of Testosterone to Estrogen, which im assuming includes all 3 estrogens Estradiol, Estrone, and Estriol.

Doesnt this seem like an really low level of Estrogen?

I know DHT levels in the body are 1/10th of that of the levels of Testosterone in the body, but what about Estrogen?

How would one even find out what there Testosterone to Estrogen ratio is? Since there is Total Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone, Total Estrogens, Bioavailable Estrogens ( i think?),ect?

Here are the links below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Breaking the Aging Code: Maximizing ... - Google Book Search

Andropause

That ratio is most unrelistic 30:1 is more feasibile
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User

So what tests can be done to find out your ratio?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  236 lbs.

The Testosterone/Estrogen ratio is an interesting concept. As mentioned in the bood, it seems that the author means total measurements of both hormones.

Given that the ratio is just a rough guideline, I'm not sure that the cost of testing total estrogen will be money well spent. Probably just as well to test Estradiol and figure an even rougher Testosterone/Estradiol ratio.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    The Testosterone/Estrogen ratio is an interesting concept. As mentioned in the bood, it seems that the author means total measurements of both hormones.

Given that the ratio is just a rough guideline, I'm not sure that the cost of testing total estrogen will be money well spent. Probably just as well to test Estradiol and figure an even rougher Testosterone/Estradiol ratio.
    Its really Bioavailable testosterone/Estrodial ratio ..would be more like 20-30:1 then 50 to one which really is almost impossible naturally
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Registered User

Thanks Matrix.

I have a quetion about the Bioavailable Testosterone and Totat T.

Does Total T matter at all?

Lets say you have 2 guys, with a Bioavailable T of 15, but one guy has a Total T of 300, and the other guy has a Total T of 700, does this mean that the guy with the 700 Total T has higher Bioavailable levels of T that his body can use? Does he have more benefits from this?
  7. Registered User

Thanks Matrix.

I have a quetion about the Bioavailable Testosterone and Totat T.

Does Total T matter at all?

Lets say you have 2 guys, with a Bioavailable T of 15, but one guy has a Total T of 300, and the other guy has a Total T of 700, does this mean that the guy with the 700 Total T has higher Bioavailable levels of T that his body can use? Does he have more benefits from this?

TotaLTestosterone=TT
    BioAvailableTestosterone(SHBG) =BAT
    FreeT
    WealkyBoundTestosterone(Albumi n)=WBT

BAT=WTB+FreeT

2men

with both men having same TT
    SHBG(1)-first men
    SHBG(2)-second men

SHBG(1)=2xSHBG(2)

Second man will have a BAT = twice the value of the first man.

(gross aproximation)
  8. Registered User

Ummmm, lol, thanks for trying to help but that went right over my head, i didnt understand that at all.

Doesnt a high Bioavailable Testosterone level automatically mean you have low SHBG levels?
  9. Registered User

Ummmm, lol, thanks for trying to help but that went right over my head, i didnt understand that at all.

Doesnt a high Bioavailable Testosterone level automatically mean you have low SHBG levels?
    Estrodial and shbg can help distinguish bio T ..they know have a bioavailable testosterone blood test which is very helpful..
  10. Registered User

Yeah ive had a Bioavailable T test done and it came back high just over the normal range which was cool, and my Total T was almost at the very top of normal range.

But lets say my Total T was lower but my Bioavailable T was the same level, would it make any difference in terms of any benefits such as muscle building, fat loss, sex drive,ect?
  11. Registered User

Yeah ive had a Bioavailable T test done and it came back high just over the normal range which was cool, and my Total T was almost at the very top of normal range.

But lets say my Total T was lower but my Bioavailable T was the same level, would it make any difference in terms of any benefits such as muscle building, fat loss, sex drive,ect?
    bumpitybump for this question

was wondering the exact same thing recently
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Estrogen/Testosterone ratio?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:47 PM
  2. testosterone/estrogen ratio
    By phatkid77 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:17 PM