Lifestyle Symptoms of Screwed Hormones...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Lifestyle Symptoms of Screwed Hormones...

Does anybody suffer from these:

1. Trouble pursuing goals or objectives.
    2. Losing interest in things you find interesting.
    3. Sleep irregularities.
    4. Feeling fine, then depressed in a matter of hours or day.
    5. Inability pursuing long-term goals, putting things off.

2. Registered User

axa0176, I am going to add these items to my symptoms list. Because much like yourself I suffer from all of them and also have varicocele.

Have you ever given TRT a try in full? Or only HCG?
  3. Registered User

well add another one to the varicocele list, since getting my varicocele in July my life has basically been a nightmare
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehack View Post
    axa0176, I am going to add these items to my symptoms list. Because much like yourself I suffer from all of them and also have varicocele.

Have you ever given TRT a try in full? Or only HCG?

lovehack,

If by TRT in full you mean testosterone injections, estrogen modulation, and thyroid hormones, then yes I have.

There is some improvement but I still felt I was subject to some hormone imbalance based on inability to focus, concentrate, and I have been having some issues with my sleep cycles I can't seem to be able to sleep at night without some help.

Maybe the varicocele was still creating issues with my hormone balancing.
  5. Registered User

K1212, sorry to hear about your troubles dude. What are your symptoms ? What are you doing to treat them?

axa0176, What made you come off the full HRT program? What kind of improvements did you see when on? I am really just looking to improve (or should i say, have a) libido and be able to have sex like any normal guy would. Relying on ED meds at 25 years old is just wrong.

I refuse to go through my life with no g/f and no sex. This nightmare would kill any relationship.

I should also add that i also have sleeping problems and find it difficult to sleep at times.

If everyone could take a look at my list and compile a symptoms list similar to this, it would be useful for future refrence. Maybe even create two lists, "before" and "after" showing which symptoms either vanished or improved.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

lovehack,

Well it's complicated but I switched doctors from the one that was prescribing the testosterone for me and I was on Wellbutrin for a brief period thinking my issues were more so depression etc.....

However, when I was on the testosterone I did notice a significant boost in sex drive and the erection were more spot on than before.....it was like I could get and keep an erection at will....they were stronger too.

ED can be caused by low testosterone and when I got on the testosterone I really realized that I might of had ED considered how hard my erections were.

BTW, where are your symptoms? I compiled a master list a while back before I got on thyroid meds I could probably dig up & share, and then another one when I was on TRT but having mood issues....more mental/cognitive.

As for difficulty sleeping, the first thing you should try is melatonin at night...either 1mg or 3 mg to start with. Start with 3 mg to see if you get an effect...

I use about 50/25 mg trazodone along with 1-3 mg melatonin at night to help me sleep.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lovehack View Post
    K1212, sorry to hear about your troubles dude. What are your symptoms ? What are you doing to treat them?

axa0176, What made you come off the full HRT program? What kind of improvements did you see when on? I am really just looking to improve (or should i say, have a) libido and be able to have sex like any normal guy would. Relying on ED meds at 25 years old is just wrong.

I refuse to go through my life with no g/f and no sex. This nightmare would kill any relationship.

I should also add that i also have sleeping problems and find it difficult to sleep at times.

If everyone could take a look at my list and compile a symptoms list similar to this, it would be useful for future refrence. Maybe even create two lists, "before" and "after" showing which symptoms either vanished or improved.

well my symptoms are reduced libido, to the point I dont even know how guys get erections anymore or get turned on by women, which is a far cry to how I was before July 27th when my only sexual problem was worrying about to many random boners in public places, what a problem to have

Also my testicles are now the size of small grapes and they seem to be getting smaller whenever I touch them

Also pain, I am unable to sleep on my stomach or my left side and I constantly wake up from the pain or the mental pain

I also had a really bad frequent urination problem at the beginning but that has gotten better, I think that might have been mental as well as maybe the weight of the varicocele might have made me thought I had to urinate

And just an overall feeling of being unalert or stupid which is a sign of low testosterone, as well as the depression that gives you a natural feeling of what is the purpose in life because there is no purpose when your body loses its ability to reproduce, at least none that I can think of

An as far as what I am going to do, I dont even know, I have always been an anti-medication person and the thought of taking aspirin for a headache was to much for me and the thought of going on something like TRT for the rest of my life is to much to bare, but at the same time I feel like hell now and I dont know what I am going to do, I have another appointment with a Urologist in January, but I may call this other Urologist in New York Dr. Marc Goldstein who I hear is one of the best at the Varicocele surgeons, but at the same time I hear his rates are really expensive like I think I read something on his site that he charges $28,000 for the surgery which is ****ing insane for a 1 hour surgery but who knows

This thing has been such a nightmare, I dont know how yours came on but mine came on in a stupid way that could have been prevented for a million different reasons, I was already going through so many issues and in therapy and was making progress and this happened and basically changed my life, amazing what a few veins and a really long stupid dumb mother ****ing masturbation session can do to you(which is how I believe it caused)
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

K1212,

I get that stupid unalert feeling...I get depressed moods...sleep issues and other hormonal problems.

As for the surgery, that's WAY too damn much...but then again what will a well-known doctor in NYC charge?

Talk to uptempo, he had his surgery overseas with a real experienced doctor for literally a small fraction of $28k.

Can you elaborate on how you think you got the varicocele? I didn't follow all that.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by axa0176 View Post
    K1212,

I get that stupid unalert feeling...I get depressed moods...sleep issues and other hormonal problems.

As for the surgery, that's WAY too damn much...but then again what will a well-known doctor in NYC charge?

Talk to uptempo, he had his surgery overseas with a real experienced doctor for literally a small fraction of $28k.

Can you elaborate on how you think you got the varicocele? I didn't follow all that.

as far as the price, I think the doctors know they can charge whatever they want and get it from the Insurance companies(and it sucks for the people who have no Insurance),but I have gone to his website and he seems to be the pioneer in the Varicocele surgery and according to him he has done over 3,000 of the surgerys and has the lowest reported problem rate

There is a doctor where I live who does the surgery but he doesnt seem to confident in it and wasnt sure if I should have it or not, I have had enough bad experiences with doctors to know your body isnt something you want to mess with

However $28,000 is insane and this guy must sleep in pillows filled with thousand dollar bills if he charges that much for an hour surgery but then again if he is the pioneer and he is the best and that is his rate
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by K1212 View Post
    .....the thought of going on something like TRT for the rest of my life is to much to bare...
    Is it, if you really think about it? The choice is to feel like crap for the rest of your life or to do something about your situation to help correct it.

I also didn't like the idea of taking a bunch of med's. Consider that your body has stopped making a substance that it badly needs. Replacing that substance to get your body to function normally is not a bad thing.

I am still getting "dialed in" and don't feel as good as I hope to eventually. I try to remind myself that there are many people worse off than myself. As bad as I have it right now it is entirely possible to end up in worse shape at some point in the future. My plan is to do make the best of my situation and move on with my life.
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by axa0176 View Post
    Does anybody suffer from these:

1. Trouble pursuing goals or objectives.
    2. Losing interest in things you find interesting.
    3. Sleep irregularities.
    4. Feeling fine, then depressed in a matter of hours or day.
    5. Inability pursuing long-term goals, putting things off.
    THose symptoms could be the result of many different disorders,

How about what could be causes of screwed up hormones?
    Let me break down to you

80% poor lifestyle choices
    20% biological

Enough said.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Diet Or To Lifestyle
    By Ericksmadhous in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. help!....hormones screwed up!
    By nyvic20 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
  3. What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
  4. Lifestyle changes in middle age still beneficial
    By yeahright in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
  5. 25yrs old with screwed up hormones HELP
    By Champ50 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM