Thyroid and estrogen / estradiol E2 - AnabolicMinds.com

Thyroid and estrogen / estradiol E2

1. New Member

Thyroid and estrogen / estradiol E2

Hello guys.

My labs show an increase in TSH from 2.2 to 5.5 over a 2 or 3 month period while being on HC/DHEA/7-keto-DHEA.

I also have a below range FT3 instead of the reading before which had me on the low point of the range.

My estradiol raised from 0.05 to 0.21, which is the top of my labs range.

Is there a relation between my estradiol rising this much and thyroid function altering?

Thanks.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cumkwakka View Post
    Hello guys.

My labs show an increase in TSH from 2.2 to 5.5 over a 2 or 3 month period while being on HC/DHEA/7-keto-DHEA.

I also have a below range FT3 instead of the reading before which had me on the low point of the range.

My estradiol raised from 0.05 to 0.21, which is the top of my labs range.

Is there a relation between my estradiol rising this much and thyroid function altering?

Thanks.
    E2 increases TBG and CBG affecting thyroid function at tissue level.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    E2 increases TBG and CBG affecting thyroid function at tissue level.
    what does this all mean?

could ft3 be lower due to estradiol, that's my main question.. and if yes will lowering estradiol improve ft3

and what's a reasonable increase i could expect?
    •   

4. New Member

I'm not an expert but I'll offer what I think. E2 is being raised by the DHEA. Per LEF, E2 should be in the lower half of the labs range. So you want to lower E2. Cut out the DHEA.

Another thing that can lower your T3 is HC. HC allows more thyroid to enter your cells - thus it increases your body's demand for T3. I'd say you need thyroid medicine - Armour or T3. The order of treatment is adrenals first, thyroid second and sex hormones third.

You are getting the best adrenal treatment - HC. So that's good. Visit this website and then discuss with a good Doctor - like Dr O - about thyroid treatment. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    I'm not an expert but I'll offer what I think. E2 is being raised by the DHEA. Per LEF, E2 should be in the lower half of the labs range. So you want to lower E2. Cut out the DHEA.

Another thing that can lower your T3 is HC. HC allows more thyroid to enter your cells - thus it increases your body's demand for T3. I'd say you need thyroid medicine - Armour or T3. The order of treatment is adrenals first, thyroid second and sex hormones third.

You are getting the best adrenal treatment - HC. So that's good. Visit this website and then discuss with a good Doctor - like Dr O - about thyroid treatment. http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
    thx for your info

dhea was already high, but urinary dhea was low, therefore my doc put me on dhea and 7-keto

that has now served its purpose and dhea is top range.. estradiol is higher already so i dropped 7-keto in concord with my doc

i am supposed to take dhea along with the hc because my doc says hc only lowers dhea, so they complement each other

i thought hc allowed more conversion of t4 to t3

i was thinking based on my labs (view other post) that t3 went down due to high estradiol, what do you think?

treatment order is correct, adrenals first.. but with this high estradiol might wanna lower that first so thyroid becomes acceptable
  6. New Member

DHEA lowers Cortisol as it lowers ATCH, just as HC does, so taking DHEA might be counter productive for you right now, as it is in my case. I would just treat your low Cortisol with HC for now and drop the DHEA.

HC will lower Estradiol, high Estradiol is caused by low Cortisol, i have before and after bloodwork on HC to prove this.

Also get your Ferritin, and Reverse T3 checked.
  7. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by superone View Post
    DHEA lowers Cortisol as it lowers ATCH, just as HC does, so taking DHEA might be counter productive for you right now, as it is in my case. I would just treat your low Cortisol with HC for now and drop the DHEA.

HC will lower Estradiol, high Estradiol is caused by low Cortisol, i have before and after bloodwork on HC to prove this.

Bingo too much cortisol in relationship to dhea out put results in elevated rt-3
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. New Member

thx for your info even though our situations aren't comparable.. i had low cortisol AND low estradiol to begin with

the only thing that i can imagine having upped my estradiol is the dhea

perhaps a wise thing indeed to be only on hc for a few days and see how it turns out

what is your bloodwork, i would like to see it
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I know you have readings which you dont seem happy with but are you feeling ill.Surely thats the bottom line. I have high E2 due to trt injections but my total test is almost at the top of the range and my free about 3/4 of the way up the ref range. I ve never felt better, ive no gyno and have not gained more fat since the treatment started 4 years ago , by the way im not fat anyway.
    So we can all try and juggle the figures to suit our needs but if we are not ill , then whats the problem- i dont see one
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    I know you have readings which you dont seem happy with but are you feeling ill.Surely thats the bottom line. I have high E2 due to trt injections but my total test is almost at the top of the range and my free about 3/4 of the way up the ref range. I ve never felt better, ive no gyno and have not gained more fat since the treatment started 4 years ago , by the way im not fat anyway.
    So we can all try and juggle the figures to suit our needs but if we are not ill , then whats the problem- i dont see one
    yeah i still have fatigue issues and ED issues to a lesser extent than before

hopefully lowering e2 will bring back better wood, i can have sex but i love some harder wood

plus t3 is in the gutter and i really could use some more energy
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

yeah i still have fatigue issues and ED issues to a lesser extent than before

hopefully lowering e2 will bring back better wood, i can have sex but i love some harder wood

plus t3 is in the gutter and i really could use some more energy
    Are you american? I get the impression from reading different threads on here ,that one can request a blood test for diff things without too much hassle, In the UK Its very different.

Any way Good Luck
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Are you american? I get the impression from reading different threads on here ,that one can request a blood test for diff things without too much hassle, In the UK Its very different.

Any way Good Luck
    netherlands

it's not that difficult you gotta find the right doc over there
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

DHEA has never been shown to lower ATCH in any studies ive seen. In other words it doesnt have a feedback mechanism like HC.

HC will lower ATCH and thus lower DHEA

When you are hypothyroid, your adrenals get overstimulated trying to up your bodys metabolism. This stress' your adrenals eventually causing low cortisol.

Cortisol is needed to transport thyroid to your tissues and use up your thyroid hormones. If you have low cortisol your thyroid hormones will build up masking your underlying hypothyroidism.

Once you address your weak adrenals your hypothyroidism will show up again, as your body is able to use up your thyroid hormones.

Im no doc but this has been my experience with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism.
  14. New Member

There is a very well educated and experinced lady named Valerie who runs a very good yahoo help group for adrenals and thyroid, Reverse T3,ect, and everything she has said has been very accurate in my personal experience, blood work,ect.

She has stated that taking DHEA will further supress ATCH, which will firther lower Cortisol. I would love to know the truth on this but whenever i take DHEA i seem to get low Cortisol symptoms and lower temps.
  15. Elite Member

There is a very well educated and experinced lady named Valerie who runs a very good yahoo help group for adrenals and thyroid, Reverse T3,ect, and everything she has said has been very accurate in my personal experience, blood work,ect.

She has stated that taking DHEA will further supress ATCH, which will firther lower Cortisol. I would love to know the truth on this but whenever i take DHEA i seem to get low Cortisol symptoms and lower temps.
    Valarie ended up giving her self diabetes LOL
    YOu want to take her advice I do not think so..

every ones biochemistry is different..
  16. New Member

Valarie ended up giving her self diabetes LOL
    YOu want to take her advice I do not think so..

every ones biochemistry is different..

Really? how exactly did she give herself diabetes? I read that it was from her idiot doctors not treating her adrenals and thyroid properly, and she also had low estrogen which can cause diabetes i beleive.
  17. Elite Member

Really? how exactly did she give herself diabetes? I read that it was from her idiot doctors not treating her adrenals and thyroid properly, and she also had low estrogen which can cause diabetes i beleive.
    She started self treating her adrenals and ended up with glucose of 600 and could not participate in the study..

hypoadrenal causes hypoglycemia not hyperglycemia
    I'm not disputing she does now information, but alot of people that have self treated adrenal feel good in the short term but long term they end up with more issues.
    Thats why i deal with adrenals from a multi level approach to rule out the probably cause or nutrient imbalances that are usaually 80% present. Through lifestyle, dietary, nutrient intervention people can regain balance with out resorting to cortisol if they are willing to give it a 4-5 month trial. If after that then HC should be implemented.
  18. New Member

Interesting, i would assume that too high Cortisol causes high blood sugar.
  19. Elite Member

Interesting, i would assume that too high Cortisol causes high blood sugar.
    She was upto 40 mgs a day for a while SHESH.
    People need to be aware how powerful this stuff is because it affects other hormones if not used properly..Thats why I like to try to jump things up natural through ruling out all imbalances and back filling the holes for 4-5 months then after that take next step.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

thx for your info

dhea was already high, but urinary dhea was low, therefore my doc put me on dhea and 7-keto

that has now served its purpose and dhea is top range.. estradiol is higher already so i dropped 7-keto in concord with my doc

i am supposed to take dhea along with the hc because my doc says hc only lowers dhea, so they complement each other

i thought hc allowed more conversion of t4 to t3

i was thinking based on my labs (view other post) that t3 went down due to high estradiol, what do you think?

treatment order is correct, adrenals first.. but with this high estradiol might wanna lower that first so thyroid becomes acceptable
    what is HC?? sounds like a good compound to throw in when cycling with aas and thyroid
  21. New Member

She was upto 40 mgs a day for a while SHESH.
    People need to be aware how powerful this stuff is because it affects other hormones if not used properly..Thats why I like to try to jump things up natural through ruling out all imbalances and back filling the holes for 4-5 months then after that take next step.

Thanks does seem like a lot, but im on 35mg daily, and anything less and my adrenals dont seem to be supported, i been testing this with a good home blood pressure monitor. HC lowers my blood pressure, and too high Cortisol, or hypothyroid causes high blood pressure, so im my case im guessing that when my Cortisol is low, my thyroid cant get into the cells thus causing higher blood pressure. My blood pressure is never really that high, sometimes its in the 130's, but the HC lowers it into the perfect 120 area.

Mabye i should get a blood glucose monitor and check mine while on HC.

I agree about treating things naturally and looking for nutritional imbalances, but sometimes this isnt the cause of adrenal burnout. Sometimes its plain old chronic stress, and sometimes is a traumatic even mentally, emotionally, or physically. Im my case it was a big time shock to my system with stimulants that made my body pump out massive amounts of Cortisol untill they burnt out. I know because i had absolutely NO problems before this. So not only was i left with depleted cortisol reserves, but was left with a Reverse T3 problems im now working on clearing out with Cytomel as prescribed by my Doc.

I beleive though if we are using meds, that we should be doing as much as we can naturally aswell, and getting everything we need nutrition wise. I dont beleive adrenal fatigue can be healed unless you are on a super good diet, and i dont mean chicken, fish, and brown rice.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Ya, have been up to 45mg of HC myself. However once i got on a high enough dose of armour and added dhea i found i didnt need that high dose.

Being hypo stressed my adrenals.

Dhea counters many of HC's catabolic effects, and can low cortisol levels, not by lowering ATCH, but possibly by reducing stress etc.

To low a dose of HC used to give me high blood pressure as my adrenals pumped out adrenaline to compensate.
  23. New Member

Thanks for sharing, thats good to hear.

Yep when Cortisol runs low your adrenaline rises which rises blood pressure.

When i havent taken my Cortef and check my BP, sometimes its around 135, then i take my HC and check my BP like an hour later, and it will drop to 120.

B-Complex and vitamin C seems to help support my adrenals pretty good aswell.
  24. Elite Member

Thanks for sharing, thats good to hear.

Yep when Cortisol runs low your adrenaline rises which rises blood pressure.

When i havent taken my Cortef and check my BP, sometimes its around 135, then i take my HC and check my BP like an hour later, and it will drop to 120.

B-Complex and vitamin C seems to help support my adrenals pretty good aswell.
    Taking advice from a 6'0 84 lbs I be scared too
    now there is such a thing with cortisol resistance that alot of people may be expereincing. I am seeing alot of people thyroid go low t-4 and higher t3 conversion this is the sign the adrenals from adrenal fatigue are recovering and some people start to experience hypothyroidism as mentioned above. So what do we do just increase thyroid to off set this or lean off HC and let body restabilize it self?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

[QUOTE=The Matrix;1676999]Taking advice from a 6'0 84 lbs I be scared too QUOTE]

Haha, good spot. kg's not lbs.

As i mentioned earlier i aint no dr, andthis is only my experience after reading loads and dealing with it.
  26. Elite Member

[QUOTE=docall18;1677136]
    Taking advice from a 6'0 84 lbs I be scared too QUOTE]

Haha, good spot. kg's not lbs.

As i mentioned earlier i aint no dr, andthis is only my experience after reading loads and dealing with it.
    YOu have some valid points about being on cortisol and once your body kicks back on you expierence more hypothryoidism because it is chewing it up like crazy at the cellular level wanting more. See my hair analysis showed that I am thyroid is not responding at tissue levels and lack of thyroid hormone and adrenals kicking back on would make the most sense.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

what is HC?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  2. Elevated Estrogen in PCT affecting Thyroid?
    By eggplant21 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM
  3. Blood test results? Thyroid or estrogen problem?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
  4. High Total Estrogen - Low Estradiol
    By doughboy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 05:14 PM