Reactive hypoglycemia?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I have a weird problem... I feel hungry again within 30-60 minutes after eating a meal, even though I am still full! The thought of eating more at that point makes me sick. I've checked my blood sugar and it is dropping down to 80-90 which is low for just eating a meal. I already eat mostly protein, a few carbs and little sugar. Is there anything else to do? This is especially bothersome at night... I wake up feeling very hungry and often NEED that midnight snack.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
How is your fat intake? Is there any foods that you notice trigger this more often? Do you use artificial sweeteners? Have you recently lost a fair amount of muscle mass? Do you supplement with digestive enzymes? How are your stress levels? Do you have any food allergies or intolerances?

These could all be factors that could contribute to the problem, think about each one and if you think something may be significant try changing it and see if the problems persist. I had this problem for a little while and Anabolic Pump by USP labs seemed to help me because it lowers the amount of insulin your body will produce over time.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
How is your fat intake? Is there any foods that you notice trigger this more often? Do you use artificial sweeteners? Have you recently lost a fair amount of muscle mass? Do you supplement with digestive enzymes? How are your stress levels? Do you have any food allergies or intolerances?
- I eat a lot of fats... red meat, milk, fish oil, coconut oil. My diet is mainly protein + fat... not a carb person.
- I do not eat artificial sweeteners.
- I have lost some strength in the gym but not much muscle.
- I do take digestive enzymes & probiotics, but not consistently.
- I do have dairy & gluten sensitivities per IGg test. I cut them out for a month but it was miserable and didn't feel better.
- Not stressed but have been battling insomnia for months now. I have separate threads about this problem.
- I will make notes about which foods seem to trigger.

Thanks for the info. Damn bro, at 5'10" 225 you make me feel scrawny!! I have to work hard just to stay 150!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that really sticks out to me is the insomnia, that can really mess with your hormones and add a ton of stress onto your system. Here is a study about sleep and glucose tolerance:
http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/18/5/716
You should go to a doctor and get a check up, you may have some underlying issue that could be discovered with some bloods. Keep me up to date on how you make out.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that really sticks out to me is the insomnia, that can really mess with your hormones and add a ton of stress onto your system. Here is a study about sleep and glucose tolerance:
http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/18/5/716
You should go to a doctor and get a check up, you may have some underlying issue that could be discovered with some bloods. Keep me up to date on how you make out.

HAVE dr do a 3 hour GITT do verify this ..