Zinc and aromatase

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.95%

Zinc and aromatase

If i take hydrocortisone and DHEA in the morning and I would like to lower any conversion to estradiol happening from DHEA, would it be wise to take zinc picolinate twice a day, say 25 mg in the morning and later on in the day, or all at once in the morning with the DHEA, or in the evening far apart from the DHEA?

Reason i'm asking is because I take DHEA and 7-keto daily and my erection suffered. Taking 50 mg zinc picolinate in the evening helps a lot and I was wondering if I could have more benefit from taking it in the morning along with the DHEA to immediately stop conversion?

Thanks.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

7 keto doesn't convert to estrogen. It's a DHEA metabolite. How much DHEA are you taking?

You really notice that much of an effect from that little amount of zinc picolinate? That's awesome if you do, I never have personally.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    7 keto doesn't convert to estrogen. It's a DHEA metabolite. How much DHEA are you taking?

You really notice that much of an effect from that little amount of zinc picolinate? That's awesome if you do, I never have personally.
    i take 30 mg regular dhea in the morning with 100 mg 7-keto-dhea
    bloodtest dhea-s was 8 on a scale with upper limit 11
    urine dhea was low
    if blood values should be taken first and foremost, i can imagine taking that much dhea will up dhea-s total levels and increasing estradiol

i had some good erections develop on this, then it stopped

yesterday took only regular dhea and 10 mg hc, plus zinc picolinate

truely believe this has helped me a lot
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.64%

I've been taking a zinc picolinate supp lately and I've had positive results from it. Each tablet is 22 mgs. And I usually take 2 around dinner time. I'm going to try and be more consistent with taking this. I believe if continue to take it on a regular basis, it will definitely help.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by cumkwakka View Post
    If i take hydrocortisone and DHEA in the morning and I would like to lower any conversion to estradiol happening from DHEA, would it be wise to take zinc picolinate twice a day, say 25 mg in the morning and later on in the day, or all at once in the morning with the DHEA, or in the evening far apart from the DHEA?

Reason i'm asking is because I take DHEA and 7-keto daily and my erection suffered. Taking 50 mg zinc picolinate in the evening helps a lot and I was wondering if I could have more benefit from taking it in the morning along with the DHEA to immediately stop conversion?

Thanks.
    No its stored in tissue does not matter when you take it.
    More then 50 mgs at a time absorption will be reduced.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Zinc is also in some foods and vitamins /minerals from food are supposedly better absorbed than tablets/ capsules.

You should take a zinc supplement with copper .high doses of zinc deplete copper
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Zinc is also in some foods and vitamins /minerals from food are supposedly better absorbed than tablets/ capsules.

You should take a zinc supplement with copper .high doses of zinc deplete copper
    They should be taken seperaterly if supplementing not together. Our general population is loaded in heavy metals and toxins affecting our detoxifcation process. If pathways are not open up we tend to accumulate heavy metals in tissues mainly copper. With the increase of adrenal fatigue alot of males are becoming copper toxic more so then ever. It really depends on ones biochecmistry.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. zinc?
    By mytime09 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
  2. Wow Zinc
    By badbart in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 03:40 AM
  3. Too much zinc?
    By T-Bar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8