My Skin Heals So Slooowly...

Predaking

Awards
What are the possible reasons for slow healing times? When I cut or scrape my hand, it takes weeks and weeks to heal, and then I have a purple scar at the end of it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Body acidity weakens your immune system, eat more alkaline forming fresh vegetables. Google acid/alkaline diet. People get sick when there body is acidic, we are mostly water and water is supposed to be neutral or 7.4(slightly alkaline) when you become acidic you are vunerable to almost any affliction, disaese or problem. Cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment so that being said acidity can cause cancer also.

Predaking

Awards
I think it's actually because of my low DHEA. Thanks, I will look into these 2 things though :)

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Whey protein and NAC are very important for immune fuction. As well as lots of water and sleep.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if Human Growth Hormone plays a role.

I have taken 3 grams of GABA per night, 5 nights per week, for three years and my HGH is slightly above range.

I noticed this post because I had this problem years ago, and I no longer do.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
If GH is low, IGF-1 testing will provide evidence.

If T is low and one is catabolic, collagen is been lost and collagen is needed for healing. Low T can lead to thin frail skin that has lost elasticity from collagen loss.

Hypothyroidism creates skin problems.

In both cases, hair growth and nails can be affected too. Brittle nails?

Hypogonadism and hypothyroidism share many symptoms.

If you have a doctor manipulating your thyroid, do not do thyroid labs right after that.