T4 Safeness

lovehack

Awards
I was diagnosed with sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I also appear to have symptoms of low estridol (blood work shoes borderline 75 when estridol scale starts at 73). All my other hormones (Testosterone, SHBG, DHT, etc) are borderline normal. Blood work showed low/normal T3 and T4 levels (still within range - though the bottom of the scale), salivia also showed near identical results.

Two years ago I had a TSH of 0.7, since i have started feeling unwell my TSH has moved up to 2.3. Low cortisol is also possible.

Would it be safe to try a trial of Levothyroixine by slowly increasing the dosage to 150/200mcg in 50mcg increases every two weeks?

I won't have access to blood work at all, would this be safe to run?

RPHMark

Awards
NO it would not be safe without bloodwork. You would need to increase more slowly (every month) and in smaller increments (maybe 25mcg). Even then I wouldn't suggest it without bloodwork.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I was diagnosed with sub-clinical hypothyroidism. I also appear to have symptoms of low estridol (blood work shoes borderline 75 when estridol scale starts at 73). All my other hormones (Testosterone, SHBG, DHT, etc) are borderline normal. Blood work showed low/normal T3 and T4 levels (still within range - though the bottom of the scale), salivia also showed near identical results.

Two years ago I had a TSH of 0.7, since i have started feeling unwell my TSH has moved up to 2.3. Low cortisol is also possible.

Would it be safe to try a trial of Levothyroixine by slowly increasing the dosage to 150/200mcg in 50mcg increases every two weeks?

I won't have access to blood work at all, would this be safe to run?
What is your resting pulse and body temperature (under tongue).

If you can do only one thyroid test, do FreeT3

otherwise do:

7 • Iodine Panel - (2503)
8 Selenium
9 Copper, serum
10 Zinc

27 T3 Free
28 T4,Free
29 reverse T3 (rT3)
30 Ultrasensitive TSH
31 Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)

=========================================================================
LEVOTHROXINE generic for SYNTHROID=T4

Number of people are not converting T4--->T3

That is why Armour Thyroid is often more effective, it contains:

1Grain=(T4-38mcg)+(T3-9mcg)

Most people, if they benefit from supplemental Armour, need no more than 3Grains.
If they do not do so vell on that amount, look into other reasons ( see tests above).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ToraNutrition Supplement Logs 0