Low Dopamine Levels ==> How to Increase?

steve999

Awards
Got the remainder of my most recent blood test results. Dopamine level is really, really low. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but my recollection is the range went up to 150 and my level was less than 10.

Vitamin B and D were deficient as well. I'm now taking supplements that will hopefully fix those issues. Plus slight increases in thyroid medication and HCG to bring numbers up a bit.

What have folks done to increase dopamine levels?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Herbal mucuna pruriens (velvet bean) contains L-dopa

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
L-dopa from unique nutrition in addition to an mao-b inhibitor is what I do

steve999

Awards
Thanks for the info. Hopefully my dopamine level will go up after I fix various vitamin deficiencies (B, D, iron). I have a prescription for Cabergoline, but might try L-dopa before that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have a script for caber? Talk to your doc about deprenyl, it's better for long term increase of dopamine, and has other benefits too. You can get a patch (time released)..

I'm not a doctor though so do what they say first ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never really tried mucuna or 1-carboxy.

But reading up on it, I think UN's is a more pure/potent form of l-dopa

What is it that you feel from mucuna or powerful/1-carboxy? How well does it work for you and what do you notice from it?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
What is it that you feel from mucuna or powerful/1-carboxy? How well does it work for you and what do you notice from it?
Maybe I didn't take enough, but I don't really notice anything except feeling a little sedated. I was looking for the libido enhancing effects. I think I'll try the L-DOPA since its only $14 for the powder.

steve999

Awards
You have a script for caber? Talk to your doc about deprenyl, it's better for long term increase of dopamine, and has other benefits too. You can get a patch (time released)..

I'm not a doctor though so do what they say first
Is there something unusual about having a prescription for Cabergoline?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you have an orgasim close to the time before having your bloodwork?

Try taking 100-200mg Vitamin B-6. Will probably straighten you out, and it's cheap.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
guys i tried mucuna pruriens powder, no extract, from an ayurveda site and this **** was really good stuff

took some half a teaspoon to a teaspoon before bed and woke up with a boner every morning after

also combined this with 5-htp at night

last years i have been okay, but never was motivated or anything for whatsoever except work, but the house never gets clean and **** like that

when i took this i had this feeling i could take on the world

when dosed too high i felt anxiety, or if not taken with 5-htp

then afterwards i tried another mucuna pruriens and this hadn't the same potency as the other

never tried an extract, but l-dopa from mucuna should be good stuff in my opinion

b6 never really did much for me

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there something unusual about having a prescription for Cabergoline?
No not at all. Was it prescribed specifically to raise dopamine levels for you?

I was told by a doctor on another board that Deprenyl may be a safer method for long term prolactin control, I think caber is much stronger and works much differently (caber is a receptor agonist - deprenyl on the other hand prevents breakdown of dopamine, as well as PEA).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think high prolactin, low libido, low motivation, etc... probably similar in some ways to low test but not completely. Just a guess..worth getting checked for though.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
That is because dopamine reduces serotonin. How much 5-htp do you take?
yep i knew this

i guess a full teaspoon of mucuna and 100 mg of 5-htp is dosed slightly off ;) :)

i think a good combo is 100 mg 5-htp with 500 mg mucuna

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
What have folks done to increase dopamine levels?
Selegiline Slow Gel
1ml daily absorbed through skin
Need script and compounding pharmacy

Supposedly prevents Parkinson's and Alzheimer's - my TRT doc is a firm believer and prescribes for anti-aging purposes