HCG Monotherapy: Pregnenolone necessary?

living2die

living2die

Awards
To all those on HCG Monotherapy, is it necessary to supplement with Pregnenolone, as it is standard procedure on most TRT and TRT+HCG protocols. I take anywhere from 250-500IU ED. I never exceed 3500IU/week, and never go below 2000IU/wk. I take .15mg Arimidex ED. I know Dr. John Crisler often gives his patients Preg cream for those on his TRT + 500IU/wk patients, as a safeguard against low PREG, but I am on HCG Monotherapy, and thus am enducing far more 450cc enzyme pathway stimulation CHOL->PREG, and feel that it is overkill, and will likely overstimulate the 450cc pathway.

Rucksicht

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
To all those on HCG Monotherapy, is it necessary to supplement with Pregnenolone, as it is standard procedure on most TRT and TRT+HCG protocols. I take anywhere from 250-500IU ED. I never exceed 3500IU/week, and never go below 2000IU/wk. I take .15mg Arimidex ED. I know Dr. John Crisler often gives his patients Preg cream for those on his TRT + 500IU/wk patients, as a safeguard against low PREG, but I am on HCG Monotherapy, and thus am enducing far more 450cc enzyme pathway stimulation CHOL->PREG, and feel that it is overkill, and will likely overstimulate the 450cc pathway.

Rucksicht
It is good idea to do blood tests to prevent guessing:

DHEA sulfate
Progesterone, LC/MS/MS
Pregnenolone
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone (204X)

living2die

living2die

Awards
Jansz,
Your hormone testing is more extensive than the anti-doping tests they performed on Usain Bolt at the Beijing Olympics.

Did you ever get a hormone panel done prior towards your supplementation with PREGnenolone? Did you get your hormone panel checked when you were on TRT + HCG alone?

It is good idea to do blood tests to prevent guessing:

DHEA sulfate
Progesterone, LC/MS/MS
Pregnenolone
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)
Dihydrotestosterone (204X)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Jansz,
Your hormone testing is more extensive than the anti-doping tests they performed on Usain Bolt at the Beijing Olympics.

Did you ever get a hormone panel done prior towards your supplementation with PREGnenolone? Did you get your hormone panel checked when you were on TRT + HCG alone?
I do not have blood reports that you are interested in.

I do my testing as I learn about them.
Lucky I can find a doc who obliges with testing and have insurance that pays for most of it, otherwise $$ would be a problem, I am retired.
My state of low testosterone exists most likely at least 10 years, most likely much longer.
About 6 yers ago it started affecting my sex life.
4 yers ago I started T supplentation.

I want to talk now about this three:
DHEA sulfate
Progesterone, LC/MS/MS
Pregnenolone

Originally my DHEA was low, so I started supplementing, with a goal as per LEF, (DHEA 500-640 µg/dL)
At one point I had DHEAs=369 but to get there I used 350mg/day.
I also had progesterone=1.4 (very good)

Reading the boards I see people doing max about 50mg
So I got scared and reduced to 50mg/day DHEA.

That resulted in minimal values for all three
DHEA, progesterone, Pregnenolone, all below low limits.

I am back to 400mg/day DHEA, and keep using the 200mg preg that I always use.

Will see my levels on the next test.