Matrix or others - Does using an AI put stress on the Adrenals?

superone

Awards
  • Established
I have adrenal fatigue and im using 32.5mg of Cortef, along with some minerals i was deficient in, my last blood test showed almost undetecable levels of DHEA-S, lower than my levels when i wasnt on Cortef, and i know that this is because the Cortef is surpressing ATCH, allowing my adrenals to rest and repair, but will also surpress DHEA-S in the process.

I want to take 50mg of DHEA i got from my pharmacy, because my levels were 0.5 and should be 17 for my age, but i know i will get some converting to Estrone and Estradiol.

So i was thinking of taking a low dose AI like Letro because i read that it can also help prevent estrogen conversion from adrenal hormones. I have some indoplex but i dont like how it makes me feel, and i dont get low E2 symptoms from it at all, and i personally dont beleive it will help with my situation.

So will using low dose Letro put stress on my adrenals, effect them in any way, or effect Cortisol levels in any way?

Thanks!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have adrenal fatigue and im using 32.5mg of Cortef, along with some minerals i was deficient in, my last blood test showed almost undetecable levels of DHEA-S, lower than my levels when i wasnt on Cortef, and i know that this is because the Cortef is surpressing ATCH, allowing my adrenals to rest and repair, but will also surpress DHEA-S in the process.

I want to take 50mg of DHEA i got from my pharmacy, because my levels were 0.5 and should be 17 for my age, but i know i will get some converting to Estrone and Estradiol.

So i was thinking of taking a low dose AI like Letro because i read that it can also help prevent estrogen conversion from adrenal hormones. I have some indoplex but i dont like how it makes me feel, and i dont get low E2 symptoms from it at all, and i personally dont beleive it will help with my situation.

So will using low dose Letro put stress on my adrenals, effect them in any way, or effect Cortisol levels in any way?

Thanks!
Do not use Letro at all.

Take that 50mg DHEA that you are planning, after moth or two test to see where you are.
Do little more extensive testing so you have more info.

That less guessing the better chance at the right move.
If you ever test and find out that you need to get E2 lower, use (gingerly)
Arimidex=Liqiudex=Anastrozole
When testing E2 use only test

Estradiol, ultrasensitive

superone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help JanSz but yet again i would like an answer to my original question.

I HAVE tested my DHEA a million times, its been very low consistently for over a year since i burnt out my adrenals and had a lot of fatigue, and tested Estradiol a bunch and even though my Estradiol levels came down from using Cortef, which must have been a result the Cortef lowering my Testosterone levels a bit or some adrenal hormone thats converts into Estradiol other than DHEA, and its already a bit higher than i would like so i know for a fact the DHEA will raise my estrogen, i know this for a fact as before when i tried DHEA i got the estrogen symptoms but i NEED to take DHEA as my levels are not healthy and DHEA is a very important hormone for a lot of reasons ive been reading.

Im done with testing ive done a MILLION tests and they keep showing roughly the same levels.

So please Matrix when you have a chance or anybody else who knows something on the subject, can you tell me if using an AI will cause adrenal stress, and if it will effect my Cortisol levels in any way?

Thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help JanSz but yet again i would like an answer to my original question.

I HAVE tested my DHEA a million times, its been very low consistently for over a year since i burnt out my adrenals and had a lot of fatigue, and tested Estradiol a bunch and even though my Estradiol levels came down from using Cortef, which must have been a result the Cortef lowering my Testosterone levels a bit or some adrenal hormone thats converts into Estradiol other than DHEA, and its already a bit higher than i would like so i know for a fact the DHEA will raise my estrogen, i know this for a fact as before when i tried DHEA i got the estrogen symptoms but i NEED to take DHEA as my levels are not healthy and DHEA is a very important hormone for a lot of reasons ive been reading.

Im done with testing ive done a MILLION tests and they keep showing roughly the same levels.

So please Matrix when you have a chance or anybody else who knows something on the subject, can you tell me if using an AI will cause adrenal stress, and if it will effect my Cortisol levels in any way?

Thanks!
Estrogen needs to be inbalance
Too much estrogen can stress adrenals causing hypercortiosl and first while over time it can lead to adrenal burnout. Proper Estrodial is also needed to increase cortisol leves as well. Low estrogen can cause lack of cortisol as well. Lower estrogen to low can cause thyroid to speed up which can add unwanted stress if the adrenals can not handle it.

As you increasing estrodial it also increase cortisol binding globulin making it (cortisol) less bioavailable to the body despote have proper levels in the blood. lowering estrodial may make more cortisol available to the body..(but body does not always work this way)

superone

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen needs to be inbalance
Too much estrogen can stress adrenals causing hypercortiosl and first while over time it can lead to adrenal burnout. Proper Estrodial is also needed to increase cortisol leves as well. Low estrogen can cause lack of cortisol as well. Lower estrogen to low can cause thyroid to speed up which can add unwanted stress if the adrenals can not handle it.

As you increasing estrodial it also increase cortisol binding globulin making it (cortisol) less bioavailable to the body despote have proper levels in the blood. lowering estrodial may make more cortisol available to the body..(but body does not always work this way)

Hey Matix, very helpfull info that i didnt know, thank you VERY much!