Eye Problems

  1. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    Eye Problems


    I think i have narrowed my eye problems to blood pressure. I have used prohormones for so long with no side effects and now it seems like i have issues. I get flushed face, skin, etc...easily.
    My eyes are red every morning? Can someone explain this? I workout at night and as soon as I workout, my eyes start to get red. Also, afterwards, they burn and feel like they want to close. This happens every morning as well. Can someone help me with this? Supplements to take if anyone might know what it is. I have been to 3 eye docs. All saying that i have very healthy eyes so it has to be internal? I am taking celery seed and hawthorne for BP. Started that saturday? So please guide me in right direction ?

    Thanks

  2. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    subconjunctival hemorrhage is what it is? Someone know the procedures to get rid of this? I have had it for 4 months or so? Have no clue what to do. i think using red eye stuff has worsened it but i almost have to because it is so red. But i think subconjunctival hemorrhage is what it is. Someone help with treatment?
  3. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40610

    Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    subconjunctival hemorrhage is what it is? Someone know the procedures to get rid of this? I have had it for 4 months or so? Have no clue what to do. i think using red eye stuff has worsened it but i almost have to because it is so red. But i think subconjunctival hemorrhage is what it is. Someone help with treatment?
    Yeah, I know what to do. Get off the CPU and get your ass in to see your endo and a opthamologist. This sounds far too serious merely to be inquiring on a board.

    You'd be well served to get BP cuff.

    If your BP is so high it's causing hemorrhaging, you're gonna need a helluva lot more than celery salt or hawthorne, that's for sure. No caffeine, and watch your sodium intake.

    Seriously dude, get on the horn and start calling docs and get fitted in asap. You only have one pair of eyes, and a single heart.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Yeah, I know what to do. Get off the CPU and get your ass in to see your endo and a opthamologist. This sounds far too serious merely to be inquiring on a board.

    You'd be well served to get BP cuff.

    If your BP is so high it's causing hemorrhaging, you're gonna need a helluva lot more than celery salt or hawthorne, that's for sure. No caffeine, and watch your sodium intake.

    Seriously dude, get on the horn and start calling docs and get fitted in asap. You only have one pair of eyes, and a single heart.
    I had my narrow angle glaucome treated.
    They laser drilled hole in each of my eyes.

    They have a centers all over USA.

    omni eye - Google Search

    Omni Eye Services | World Class Eyecare

    Omni Eye Services | World Class Eyecare
  5. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    I have been to 3 eye docs. ENDO doc. Had blood work and everything is fine. So i dont know. I think it is more white coat hypertension. I dont know.
  6. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40610

    Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    I have been to 3 eye docs. ENDO doc. Had blood work and everything is fine. So i dont know. I think it is more white coat hypertension. I dont know.
    Shane, if it were merely whitecoat, you'd only have high BP while with the doctor. And that still doesnt resolve whether you have eye damage.

    Is your vision blurry all the time? If so, get in to see an opthamologist ASAP.

    If your vision is blurry only some of the time, get a cuff and start tracking it, and see if it correlates with the vision issue. I know when I was taking too much thyroid, thus stressing my adrenals, it worsened my already blurry vision -- my vision is blurry from my dysautonomia (POTs).

    If you refuse to go to the doctor, I recommend Hawthorne extract, 500 mgs (I think) 3 times per day and Red Rice Yeast (1200 mgs, once per day). A diuretic, like celery seed salt, could also help; make sure you drink 8+ glasses of water today -- not too fast, as that raises BP quite a bit. No upper supplements and no heavy lifting. Again NO heavy lifting. That may have caused the hemmorhage.

    Hang in there.
  7. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    Never once had blurry vision. Never. Eyes are generally healthy. Been to 3 eye docs. ALl said great eye health. Might be dry eyes as one said. I wake up in the morning and they are red. they get better during the day but once I go lift, they start getting worse again. I do have some pain behind them after i am done lifting. Other than that, nothing to serious.

    Also, i do have flushing when i go to a doctor. Gets worse in those situations.
  8. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40610

    Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    Never once had blurry vision. Never. Eyes are generally healthy. Been to 3 eye docs. ALl said great eye health. Might be dry eyes as one said. I wake up in the morning and they are red. they get better during the day but once I go lift, they start getting worse again. I do have some pain behind them after i am done lifting. Other than that, nothing to serious.

    Also, i do have flushing when i go to a doctor. Gets worse in those situations.
    I guess I confused you with another poster about eye problems. My bad. I would not be so worried then, but I would go see an eye doc. Blood pressure from lifting sounds possible. Systolic can go up a good 70-100 pts during heavy lifts.

    I'd get that cuff, and start measuring. Do 50 push ups and then take your BP. If you are well over 200, you need to do something about it. You dont want to have a stroke.
  9. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    Yeah man. Appreciate it.
  10. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    I just think my BP fluctuates all day long. I get hot on my face and body and then it comes and goes. I dont know. Could that be possible?
  11. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40610

    Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    I just think my BP fluctuates all day long. I get hot on my face and body and then it comes and goes. I dont know. Could that be possible?
    Not just possible -- it's always the case. My concern is that it may be going to high at certain times, which requires medical attention/treatment. It's possible that those feelings you are having correlate with spikes. You should test your BP when they come.

    If it's often when you eat, you could have a tyramine sensitivity. Not very common. It causes major adrenaline flushes.

    Try the push-up test. You can get a cuff for $39 at Costco, or around $45-50 at Target, Walmart of Walgreens.

    Hang in there.
  12. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    appreciate it. I ran tonight and i see that my ankles, knees, knuckles, hands, are all very red. even the fronts of legs, etc..Not usually common with me. I guess that is from elevated blood against the skin?
  13. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    also, i am putting a VERY high dose of minoxidil and azelaic acid on the front of my head before bed. It is a topical product to prevent balding on the front. I dont really need it, just precautionary measures. Would that cause facial flushing? Minoxidil, etc??
  14. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    40610

    Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    also, i am putting a VERY high dose of minoxidil and azelaic acid on the front of my head before bed. It is a topical product to prevent balding on the front. I dont really need it, just precautionary measures. Would that cause facial flushing? Minoxidil, etc??
    Actually, reduces blood pressure. Original purpose. Wash your hair with Nizoral 3 times per week as well, for hair growth -- or to prevent loss. Rogaine generally considered not too effective other than at crown.

    I have no idea what is causing your symptoms, but could be elevated BP.
  15. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    I have also been on proscar for 7 years or so. I recently quit a few months ago. That could possibly be it as well. But i almost ruled that out
  16. Banned
    SHaneA655's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    0

    Nizoral is for dandruff. I dont have that
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Squating problems b/c of knee & other problems - help
    By gettin'old in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. Leg Problems
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 11:56 AM
  3. Eye Problems
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 01:07 PM
  4. Hx2 problems
    By Jstedt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 05:10 PM
  5. Gas Problems
    By deaconbill in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in