Finasteride

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi all.

So, I am beginning to experience mild hairloss at the crown. It's possible that HRT has contributed to this. Rogaine is no longer getting it done.

I was thinking about taking a very low dosage of Finasteride, to reverse the loss. However, it seems I recall some horror stories about effects on libido.

Anyone have experience with taking small doses of the liquid version. If so, how much did you take, and what were the side-effects, if any. I am not concerned about dropping DHT a little.

Incidentally, will reduction of DHT result in increase of HDL cholesterol? Mine dropped from 55 to 40 after starting HRT.

Thanks in advance of any guidance, particularly Jans.

Best.
J

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi all.

So, I am beginning to experience mild hairloss at the crown. It's possible that HRT has contributed to this. Rogaine is no longer getting it done.

I was thinking about taking a very low dosage of Finasteride, to reverse the loss. However, it seems I recall some horror stories about effects on libido.

Anyone have experience with taking small doses of the liquid version. If so, how much did you take, and what were the side-effects, if any. I am not concerned about dropping DHT a little.

Incidentally, will reduction of DHT result in increase of HDL cholesterol? Mine dropped from 55 to 40 after starting HRT.

Thanks in advance of any guidance, particularly Jans.

Best.
J
While using 10gram/day of Androgel I was using

first Rogaine
then Proscar
then Avodart

When I learned little bit more about TRT I realized that my DHT=29 while on Avodart, that is below low range.
I started thinking about reducing the dose to something like once or twice a week, so I could raise DHT to hopefully ~90.

Preparing for that I stopped Avodart, I think for 3 months then tested. My DHT went to 3x over top range (from Androgel).

I was able to drop the Avodart/Androgel project because I got access to injectable T.

My DHT is at ~90 and my hair is falling off at reasonable rate.
I am 68yo and have rather full head of hairs.
But I had more hairs in my younger years.
---------------------------------------------------
Short version.
Avodart/Proscar hurts only about 5% men.
Your choice, you may be lucky as I was, the chance is high to be lucky.

But it have to be a choice made with open eyes.
---------------------------------------------------
I went on TRT with rather elevated PSA and scare from doc about prostate cancer.
So far I am rather happy that I had made this choice.
My next decission is about HGH as I have cancer, LipoSarcoma in my left thigh.
In the mean time I just learned that possibly I can increase it using supplements, because I happen to be low on those that make GH raise.
Good that I had them tested.

post #107,
just please do not post on that thread, I keep my references there.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jan-s-bloodtest-4.html#post1565604

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Jans. When you say "Avodart/Proscar hurts only about 5% men," do you mean permanently dropping DHT? Or just temporarily dropping it by an extreme amount. I assume it always drops DHT, as that is what reverses the hair loss.

Thanks bud.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Jans. When you say "Avodart/Proscar hurts only about 5% men," do you mean permanently dropping DHT? Or just temporarily dropping it by an extreme amount. I assume it always drops DHT, as that is what reverses the hair loss.

Thanks bud.
5% is open for imagination.

The 5% is a source of all this finasteride bulletin boards, affected people going thru hell and so on.