High E2...emotional/well-being evaluations

thenxtgrt1

Awards
I've hypothesized that when my estrogen levels are high it brings about sort of an apathetic personality within me. There really are no "highs" or "lows". I just feel indifferent about whatever is going on in my life. It's not really a depressive state, but just a lack of concern and caring.

This has bewildered me, because I would think high estrogen would make one emotional. And I would think above description would apply to one with low estrogen levels. Which may in fact be the case (one that I highly doubt). I'll have test results back in about a week, so we'll see.

I know a lot of folks on this board have experience high estrogen. If so, how did it make you feel (i.e. emotional, sad, apathetic, crazy, etc.)?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Bumpin' for ya man. I'm curious as well.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
maybe its not high estrogen, but rather low testosterone. if test makes you overly aggressive, it stands to logic that low testosterone would make you indifferent, and therefore lethargic. don't know for sure though, but i am investigating.

you could throw that theory out the window if your sex drive is high though.

Male Hormone Modulation Therapy, A male hormone imbalance is correctable by utilizing the proper blood tests and using available drugs and nutrients

low test specific:
* Touchiness/irritability
* Great timidity
* Feeling weak
* Inner unrest
* Loss of ability to concentrate
* Memory failure
* Reduced intellectual agility
* Passive attitudes
* General tiredness
* Reduced interest in surroundings
* Hypochondria

thenxtgrt1

Awards
maybe its not high estrogen, but rather low testosterone. if test makes you overly aggressive, it stands to logic that low testosterone would make you indifferent, and therefore lethargic. don't know for sure though, but i am investigating.

you could throw that theory out the window if your sex drive is high though.

Male Hormone Modulation Therapy, A male hormone imbalance is correctable by utilizing the proper blood tests and using available drugs and nutrients

low test specific:
* Touchiness/irritability
* Great timidity
* Feeling weak
* Inner unrest
* Loss of ability to concentrate
* Memory failure
* Reduced intellectual agility
* Passive attitudes
* General tiredness
* Reduced interest in surroundings
* Hypochondria
You bring up a good point. I've thought about this. Could also be a situation where T/E ratio is out of whack, which I have a feeling is applicable in this situation. Not really sure what ideal ratio should be, but I have a hunch it's too high.

I'm currently on HCG, and I do feel it's raised testesterone. Well-being/energy/strength/recovery/body composition all are seing positive effects. I took HCG a couple of months ago and it skyrocketed my estrogen levels. And I was only taking 200 iu / EOD.

Once ratio is corrected, I believe there will be added benefit.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
good luck to you brotha. either way the test results will tell you what you need to feel better.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've hypothesized that when my estrogen levels are high it brings about sort of an apathetic personality within me. There really are no "highs" or "lows". I just feel indifferent about whatever is going on in my life. It's not really a depressive state, but just a lack of concern and caring.

This has bewildered me, because I would think high estrogen would make one emotional. And I would think above description would apply to one with low estrogen levels. Which may in fact be the case (one that I highly doubt). I'll have test results back in about a week, so we'll see.

I know a lot of folks on this board have experience high estrogen. If so, how did it make you feel (i.e. emotional, sad, apathetic, crazy, etc.)?
Depending on where your thyroid is raising it will slow the conversion from t4 to t3 resulting in hypothyroid systems which is probably what you are expereincing. i know first hand that as my e2 goes into normal range my t3 drops drastically. My e2 has been as low as<2 and my thyroid was being adjusted based upon false e2 readings. As my e2 came back into normal range my morning erections got stronger, my skin got cleared, sleep improved as well. thyroid symptoms got worse (hair loss, constipation, moods)

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Depending on where your thyroid is raising it will slow the conversion from t4 to t3 resulting in hypothyroid systems which is probably what you are expereincing. i know first hand that as my e2 goes into normal range my t3 drops drastically. My e2 has been as low as<2 and my thyroid was being adjusted based upon false e2 readings. As my e2 came back into normal range my morning erections got stronger, my skin got cleared, sleep improved as well. thyroid symptoms got worse (hair loss, constipation, moods)
Which thyroid hormones should be focused on? Is it best to be in upper range on all of these?

Never considered hypothyroid possibility. I've looked at some of the symptoms, and I can relate..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Which thyroid hormones should be focused on? Is it best to be in upper range on all of these?

Never considered hypothyroid possibility. I've looked at some of the symptoms, and I can relate..
look at the rhiens 24 hours to help rule out adrenals if results from rhiens come back abnormal then salivary would be next to identify the imbalance when.
Use TSH, free t4, ft4, TPO, and other antibodies, reverse t3, for thyroid

ranges tsh <2.0 optimal (1.25-1.8)
FT3 top 20%
ft4 top 20%
If ft3 is in top 20% and t4 is lower then your are fine.
If ft4 is in top 20% and ft3 is alot lower (cortisol, insulin, estrogen imbalances factors, zinc, selenium, iron)

reverst t3/ft3 ration >12-15 optimal

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Has anyone else experienced high estrogen and any of above side effects? Or how has low estrogen made you "feel"? I'm looking for mental/emotional reflections, not really physical occurences.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone else experienced high estrogen and any of above side effects? Or how has low estrogen made you "feel"? I'm looking for mental/emotional reflections, not really physical occurences.
Low e2 makes you feel like a zombie. High e2 could make you give a rats ass about anything (i do not care syndrome), aggravated easily, have a short fuse, seem people relatoinships lost due to these imbalances as well.

My shbg is higher so i can handle more e2 like 20-28 pg/ml area

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards

My estradiol is at 69 pmol/L and test at 370 ng/dl when i tested in may.

I have similar symptoms as you have described, apathetic, low energy, no drive/no ambition, etc...

I do get emotional when under a lot of stress, sort of a depressed state where it feels good to think negatively.

I'm not sure if that is due to high estradiol or low test, maybe both.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I have similar symptoms as you have described, apathetic, low energy, no drive/no ambition, etc...

I do get emotional when under a lot of stress, sort of a depressed state where it feels good to think negatively.

You may get some positive results just by reducing your E2 levels to somewhere (20-30), that would/should also raise your Total testosterone.
I prefer liquid AI because it allows frequent and easily adjustable doses.

Arimidex=Liquidex=Anastrozole
Try 0.2cc EOD then check your E2 blood status at about 6 weeks.
I use my insuline syringe with (completely) cut off needle.
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

Eventually you have to get more testing.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

I'm not sure if that is due to high estradiol or low test, maybe both.[/QUOTE

Look at dietary and nutritional compenents before resorting to the drug route. Super miraforte or myonin, reservatrol can also lower estrodial to normal levels. Proper exercise and increasing fiber intake can as well to force estrogen out of the body.

thenxtgrt1

Awards

Are you currently on HRT?

thenxtgrt1

Awards

I'm not sure if that is due to high estradiol or low test, maybe both.[/QUOTE

Look at dietary and nutritional compenents before resorting to the drug route. Super miraforte or myonin, reservatrol can also lower estrodial to normal levels. Proper exercise and increasing fiber intake can as well to force estrogen out of the body.
Is Super miraforte effective? Looks like key ingredient is chrysin. Does this really lower estrogen?

Never heard of myonin???