Fresh juicing - advice needed.

HQProperty

Awards
Im new to juicing and i want to get into Fresh juicing of fruits and vegetables. I see some of you guys here do this.

Anyone know where i can start? have any recipes can share or even a link. I want to be able to get most of my daily fruits and vegetables in drinks so it would be easier. Im looking for the most nutritious fruits/vegetables.
How do you guys find out which fruits or vegetables have the most benefits?

Also should i consider organic?

Im hoping the drinks can also help me have more energy.

Thanks in advance

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Your going to miss out on a lot of good fiber by juicing. I think there is a juicer made that uses the whole food..... by that I mean you get the fiber too. I don't know what brand it is though.

HQProperty

Awards
Your going to miss out on a lot of good fiber by juicing. I think there is a juicer made that uses the whole food..... by that I mean you get the fiber too. I don't know what brand it is though.
Someone on a different board recommended VitaMix -This will take the whole fruit or vegetable and include the fiber

VitaMix Seems expensive but it looks really interesting. I might actually get it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Someone on a different board recommended VitaMix -This will take the whole fruit or vegetable and include the fiber

VitaMix Seems expensive but it looks really interesting. I might actually get it.
super foods is the best biotest.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Recently I got juicer

Omega Juicer Model 8005
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Omega-8005-220-Juicer-Model-8005/dp/B0002OKDT2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1223594609&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Omega Juicer Model 8005: Home & Garden[/ame]

I am satisfied with my choice.

Reason I bought it is because it is slow, does not heat and kill the juice.
It can also leave everyting together, so if I want I have juice and pulp together.

I use it for vegetables only.
I tried juicing vegetables and then add fruits including pulp/fiber.

I found it of bad taste.
Now I juice wegetables only and eat fruits whole, so I have enough fiber.

I always add 1/2 lemon to make the juice more palatable, also couple pieces of garlic if I will not be close to other people that day.

I do not go for organic because of cost.

I juice everything that is green in color, plus red cabbage and carrots. The deeper green color the better. Carrots are the only root that I use.

I try to always have some fresh herbs in the mix.

I drink 8oz juice a day, 16oz would be better but I am unable to drink that much.
My juice do not contain any added water.

Stools are much better formed now, often I go 3x/day, they are deep green in color now.
First few days I was gassy then it went away.

I still have to work on amout of greens I buy, so far I buy too much, it last me a week. By end of week what is left in the fridge is dated.
===================

I am looking for suggestions.

On last visit doc told me to not eat fruit after 3PM, that was on account of my glucose/insuline, may not apply to everybody.