Starting TRT - when did you notice first changes?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long has it taken everyone to start noticing a change when starting TRT?

It's been 6 days for me since my first shot (250mg) of test-e, and a couple days since another shot of 75mg test-e... This is my first time ever taking test..Pretty sure the test is kicking in now, but libido hasn't noticeably gone up. Even if my e2 were high, typically libido will still kick in initially when starting TRT. My e2 does not feel high atm either..so it's not that. I've read it taking people anywhere from 5-11 days to 2 weeks plus+. Maybe I should wait patiently and give it more time?

Just looking for the average among people here..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
25 viewers so far...I guess none of them are on TRT :lol:
:cheers:

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
25 viewers so far...I guess none of them are on TRT :lol:
:cheers:
Because many of them who are on TRT not benefitted that much.
I actually felt the difference in 3 days(libido and mood wise).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Really? Must be this forum then...majority of cases I read notice a difference like night and day, especially in the beginning until e2 becomes an issue.

monomer

Awards
Many people do not feel an immediate improvement. Starting TRT will usually shut down your natural production. It takes awhile for things to level out.

I have also read posts from a number of people that didn't see much libido improvement even with higher T levels. Adding HCG seems to do more for the libido than T alone.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm on hcg + test + ai

started with hcg first, then added ai, then added test while lowering dosage of hcg

hcg (pregnyl) didn't do much for me

Glen Quagmire

Awards
I am in the middle of my 3rd week 10 mg of Test cream a day.
I noticed an immediate increase in energy, but it seems to have faded, about a week ago. I have had tons of trouble sleeping, but that seems to be going great knock on wood. I have my next blood test in early Nov. I have not really noticed much or anything in strength gains or fat loss.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried the creams or gels, went straight for the oil.

Maybe my problem at the moment is high estrogen due to the high dose hcg I was doing for a while. Well i've upped my AI dose (aromasin) to about 20mg ed for this week then will lower to 15mg and get tested soon. Going to stick to 250mg of test per week and move backwards if I have to. Tired of feeling tired and of not being able to finish off during sex.. I'm even considering getting some DHT powder and creating a transdermal to kickstart my libido again for a short term till the test starts to do the trick..

Bottom line is I have to make that appointment already and travel to see the new doc, instead of using my own resources..I was just impatient.

On another note, I'm guessing the T is kicking in already cos I'm getting that occassional dull pain in the nuts which tells me I have some strong external androgens circulating in my body..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Something else to note...since starting the AI + test shots..acne (bacne) has been subsiding. It was previously getting worse with HCG. Very strange. Must have been e2 related issues no doubt. I would have thought that the sudden surge in test would elevate acne issues though.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FWIW...libido is kickin up some now..ejaculate volume has also really gone up?! Interesting.. Still takes forever to finish during sex though...gotta give it some time I guess..

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your on test injections it will take about 4 weeks. Maybe a little after 2 weeks, but after 4-5 it will be at full throttle.

Its impossible to feel effects on day 3 of testosterone injections. The half life of this drug is 5-7 days.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
must be the hcg + higher dose of ai then that I'm feeling... I also upped my dhea to 75mg. Today I'm poppin random wood and definitely got a few extra shots in the barrel and much more volume. HCG on it's own never had that effect though at a higher dosage. btw, it's been 8 days since the first shot @ 250mg. I've done another 250 since then spread over 3 shots in the last week, just to try to speed things up..going to adjust after I see what my levels are at 250. I may have some adrenal issues so I have a feeling I am going to burn through the test quickly and need a higher dosage...guessing around 200 but we'll see.

Thanks for the reply...can't wait for that 4 week mark. Going to try some fenugreek till then @ 2-3 grams ed. Also taking deprenyl + l-dopa to keep prolactin controlled.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
must be the hcg + higher dose of ai then that I'm feeling... I also upped my dhea to 75mg. Today I'm poppin random wood and definitely got a few extra shots in the barrel and much more volume. HCG on it's own never had that effect though at a higher dosage. btw, it's been 8 days since the first shot @ 250mg. I've done another 250 since then spread over 3 shots in the last week, just to try to speed things up..going to adjust after I see what my levels are at 250. I may have some adrenal issues so I have a feeling I am going to burn through the test quickly and need a higher dosage...guessing around 200 but we'll see.

Thanks for the reply...can't wait for that 4 week mark. Going to try some fenugreek till then @ 2-3 grams ed. Also taking deprenyl + l-dopa to keep prolactin controlled.
Fenugreek probably won't do much. If you want to use a natural test booster while on TRT, you need something that can increase your free test. Your total test cannot change since you are taking synthetic testosterone, and not producing it naturally. Some 3,4 Divan extract stinging nettle root could help your free test go up, though:

when its back ins stock:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/divanex-120-capsules.html

Or

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/designer-supplements/activate-xtreme-120-caps.html

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks. How much stinging nettle in 2 caps of AX?

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Gutterpump...I see you finally made the move to using test. It looks like it's working well for you. Glad for you bro. Keep us updated.

spiderman7

Awards
Been on trt(testim) for about 2 months now. Started with one tube and things changed for about three weeks before shut down happened. I was increased to two tubes and things are looking up knock on wood. I've been taking a multi which I purchased off of nutra. A Male multi by Now Foods. I'm interested in addding to enhance my free test.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump...I see you finally made the move to using test. It looks like it's working well for you. Glad for you bro. Keep us updated.
Thanks, will do. It's been just over two weeks now...hoping to see some significant changes over the next couple weeks.

One thing I've noticed is that taking l-dopa (500mg) within an hour of sex seems to really help things move along if you know what I mean. Doesn't seem to take as long to finish off. I'm going to try some l-histidine starting this week too.

I still need to look into why I feel exhausted even after a good nights sleep and don't have good energy for most of the day. Adrenals may be lacking most likely, but I also need to really look into sleep apnea.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As a side note, I just ordered a blood-glucose meter and have decided to transition permanently back to a low-carb diet.

I've recently discovered, after removing most stims, that carb-rich foods (starchy foods) give me a racing heart, sweats, and heart palpitations. I used to think it was the caffeine in my diet, but it's most certainly the carbs. This must be due to a food alergy or insulin issue, combined with poor digestion.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, will do. It's been just over two weeks now...hoping to see some significant changes over the next couple weeks.

One thing I've noticed is that taking l-dopa (500mg) within an hour of sex seems to really help things move along if you know what I mean. Doesn't seem to take as long to finish off. I'm going to try some l-histidine starting this week too.

I still need to look into why I feel exhausted even after a good nights sleep and don't have good energy for most of the day. Adrenals may be lacking most likely, but I also need to really look into sleep apnea.
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?

Glen Quagmire

Awards
I am in my 5th week, and my energy is no different. I am sleeping much better, and deeper, I do notice when I get up I have no energy at all, when I slept less my energy was better ?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never been tested for sleep apnea, but I will soon.

I'm in my 4th week. No major changes overall. No changes in energy, although I would defintely not say that I have any brain fog (regardless of the T - I'm on noots anyhow). Wood/morning wood is good, but libido hasn't picked up more than before when my test was low normal...I mean I definitely have libido, but I don't know what's up with having to focus so much just to finish maybe after an hour+ of sex. I'm wondering if it could be low histamine (lowered sensitivity) or neurotransmitter problem...but I'm taking a lot of l-dopa so I don't know. I'm also on 250mg of test, should be enough to really bolster the libido.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lionking999 Anabolics 176
Brocodeout69 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21
Topher_ruiz Anabolics 5
brandlife 35 and Older 21