Tap Water, Bottled Water Or Filtered Water?

HQProperty

Awards
I live in NYC. Half of the time i drink bottled water and the other half i drink Tap Water.

So now im thinking should i change to bottled water or filtered water?

Does it really matter?

If you do use a filter, can you please direct me toward a good one?

Thank you.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm the same as you, live in NYC and drink tap water half the time and spring water (Poland Spring) the other half. Sometimes I drink from a brita, but I think I want to get a new filter system so I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Drink tap water rather than bottled water. Bottled water is disastrous for the environment and not as highly regulated as tap water. If water is drawn from one state and then bottled in another, there is NO regulation.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
tap water filtered into a brita pitcher works for me.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Good excuse to drink beer ha!

We must each decide on our own, but money is a factor!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i used to drink bottled water till one day i noticed its actually expensive... i always hated paying to CRV charges and when i'd collect enough bottles to take it to the recycling center I never got it back (total rip off)

I've since then installed a RO at home and filter that water through brita, there was an initial investment made but now my tap water tastes great and i can drink as much as i want w/o worrying how much i spend for such a simple and vital substance.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
How can you be sure your bottled water is pure?

I cannot remember what brand it was, but tap water in the Uk was better than this particular brand.Dont forget the water is put in plastic bottles -isnt there an estrogen connection with plastic containers for food/liquid?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How can you be sure your bottled water is pure?

I cannot remember what brand it was, but tap water in the Uk was better than this particular brand.Dont forget the water is put in plastic bottles -isnt there an estrogen connection with plastic containers for food/liquid?
Use filtered water and drink out of steel canteen.
If people make fun of screw them. In another 10 years it will be known that bottle water bleaches toxins into the water from plastic. They know plastic bottles are bad for babies what is it doing to humans. Plus were do we know that the bottles were not left out in the heat some where while on there way to the stores..

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Plus were do we know that the bottles were not left out in the heat some where while on there way to the stores..
Yep, they say not to reuse these bottles... what makes them think they're safe to use the FIRST time.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
extract from National Geographic kids web page»
If your family is like many in the United States, unloading the week’s groceries includes hauling a case or two of bottled water into your home. On your way to a soccer game or activity, it’s easy to grab a cold one right out of the fridge, right?

But all those plastic bottles use a lot of fossil fuels and pollute the environment. In fact, Americans buy more bottled water than any other nation in the world, adding 29 billion water bottles a year to the problem. In order to make all these bottles, manufactueres use 17 million barrels of crude oil. That’s enough oil to keep a million cars going for twelve months.

Imagine a water bottle filled a quarter of the way up with oil. That’s about how much oil was needed to produce the bottle.

So why don’t more people drink water straight from the kitchen faucet? Some people drink bottled water because they think it is better for them than water out of the tap, but that’s not true. In the United States, local governments make sure water from the faucet is safe. There is also growing concern that chemicals in the bottles themselves may leach into the water.

People love the convenience of bottled water. But maybe if they realized the problems it causes, they would try drinking from a glass at home or carrying water in a refillable steel container instead of plastic.