Does anyone live and function with a low testosterone

K1212

Awards
Is it possible, I think it might be worse for me because I had a high testosterone then I woke up after a problem and it was gone

Is it possible to live and function with a low testosterone

And my testosterone isnt low according to clinical standards(414 last check in August) but like I said I know I had a very high testosterone and I woke up and it was gone

I also put alot of stock into my attraction to women and how I was looking forward to getting a girlfriend after going my whole life with pretty much nothing and I wake up and it is gone

Is it possible to adjust to this? this is truly a hell, as they say a mans brain is in his balls and that is entirely true, god damn I wish I had my testosterone back, I would rather lose a ****ing limb then go through this crap

Does anyone go through life with a lower then normal testosterone and you are under 40 years old

I dont understand how men in the past used to cut their balls off to either get a job(like men in China who use to cut off their nuts to get a job at the kingdom) or some religious people would cut their nuts off so they werent attracted to prosititues

A mans whole purpose is to reproduce or at least have the ability to reproduce, what the **** is the point in living if that is gone, should I look forward to eating

Also it might be worse because I really have not much else going in my life for example I am short, dont have a good job, probably not to attractive, but I always felt my love of women and my passion of them would be enough to get me girls and now its ****ing gone, what the **** am I supposed to to

And I know people have it worse then me like people who dont have function of their dicks anymore so I should probably shut up in that regard

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What about the people that got castrated in biblical times for punishment? They lived..

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible, I think it might be worse for me because I had a high testosterone then I woke up after a problem and it was gone

And my testosterone isnt low according to clinical standards(414 last check in August) but like I said I know I had a very high testosterone and I woke up and it was gone

I also put alot of stock into my attraction to women and how I was looking forward to getting a girlfriend after going my whole life with pretty much nothing and I wake up and it is gone

Is it possible to adjust to this? this is truly a hell, as they say a mans brain is in his balls and that is entirely true, god damn I wish I had my testosterone back, I would rather lose a ****ing limb then go through this crap

Does anyone go through life with a lower then normal testosterone and you are under 40 years old

I dont understand how men in the past used to cut their balls off to either get a job(like men in China who use to cut off their nuts to get a job at the kingdom) or some religious people would cut their nuts off so they werent attracted to prosititues

A mans whole purpose is to reproduce or at least have the ability to reproduce, what the **** is the point in living if that is gone, should I look forward to eating

Also it might be worse because I really have not much else going in my life for example I am short, dont have a good job, probably not to attractive, but I always felt my love of women and my passion of them would be enough to get me girls and now its ****ing gone, what the **** am I supposed to to

And I know people have it worse then me like people who dont have function of their dicks anymore so I should probably shut up in that regard

Where do you live currently? first thing is be calm and not worry much, Your testosterone level is ok to function normally.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Do you want to have philosophical chat
or
you would like to correct your situation?
------------------------------------------------------

rmac1

Awards
a natural level of 414 is perfectly normal. the majority of men are around the 400 number

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established

My testosterone level is 226, 4 months back. I did not take any medicine to imprpove after taking shots for 2 months with no beenfits on it. Currently, I have wood during sleep, masturbate whenever i want and get solid erection. I dont know about current level.Don t want to know.So you dont need to worry about your level. PM me if you want to talk...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been living with low testosterone for quite some time...over 10 yrs. It wasn't until last year when I got serious about bodybuilding that I got it tested after doing a lot of reading... I just thought I had problems with depression but then it all made sense. It was low-normal as well, which made it more livable, although it greatly lowered my quality of life throughout my twenties. I'm not going to live with it anymore though :)

ps: darkblue - many people can still get a solid erection while having low testosterone. But the drive isn't there and there are many other health problems involved with it. Saying that you 'don't know and don't want to know' is not a healthy way to live. You should have a genuine care for your own well being and health.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a natural level of 414 is perfectly normal. the majority of men are around the 400 number
The majority of men are not very healthy to be honest. That is a normal level for a 70+ yr old man.

K1212

Awards
The majority of men are not very healthy to be honest. That is a normal level for a 70+ yr old man.

for real, like I said before this injury if you took a test I wouldnt be surprised if I had at least 1,000 now I just feel dead, I never knew a man could possibly feel this bad, I feel for anyone who has to go through this crap, I dont know what is worse though, living with this your whole life or waking up suddenly and it was gone, it is funny before this my problem was I would get hard on's to easily and I was very scared and intimidated around girls, I would actually get embaressed because at 28 I would still get boners like I was a 13 year old, now I could barely get a boner if my life depended on it

And does your health get worse as well? Because I notice my health has gone to crap, I get sick very easily and I get alot of chest pains as well, I heard your chances of heart disease increase by 72% if you have a lower testosterone, what a ****ing nightmare

And if you are on TRT, do you feel differently, I always tried staying away from drugs and I hated taking Anti-depressents because I always tried to live a natural clean life and now this happens

Are there any bad side effects of TRT, I cant imagine taking something like that the rest of my life but at the same time I cant imagine living like this I dont know how I can accept this

K1212

Awards

I highly doubt the majority of men are around 400, based on things I have read if you are under 800 and are under 30 years old there is a problem, and it goes down about 1% every year after

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for real, like I said before this injury if you took a test I wouldnt be surprised if I had at least 1,000 now I just feel dead, I never knew a man could possibly feel this bad, I feel for anyone who has to go through this crap, I dont know what is worse though, living with this your whole life or waking up suddenly and it was gone, it is funny before this my problem was I would get hard on's to easily and I was very scared and intimidated around girls, I would actually get embaressed because at 28 I would still get boners like I was a 13 year old, now I could barely get a boner if my life depended on it

And does your health get worse as well? Because I notice my health has gone to crap, I get sick very easily and I get alot of chest pains as well, I heard your chances of heart disease increase by 72% if you have a lower testosterone, what a ****ing nightmare

And if you are on TRT, do you feel differently, I always tried staying away from drugs and I hated taking Anti-depressents because I always tried to live a natural clean life and now this happens

Are there any bad side effects of TRT, I cant imagine taking something like that the rest of my life but at the same time I cant imagine living like this I dont know how I can accept this

Chest pains I've delt with for many years and always pushed them aside as nothing. All heart monitoring tests, blood pressure tests etc have always come back fine for me so I've always brushed it off as nothing.

You should search around more on this forum and others, all the answers you are looking for are here. If you want some advice on good dr's let me know.

BTW, I think living with it for someone's whole life is much worse..At least with your case, you KNOW what's wrong and that it's not normal and needs to be dealt with and HOW to deal with it. For someone who is accustomed to it, they can be stubborn and think it's just normal for them and grow to accept it over time...which is really unacceptable. If you decide to get help, at least you wouldn't have gone through the issues for several years on end.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt the majority of men are around 400, based on things I have read if you are under 800 and are under 30 years old there is a problem, and it goes down about 1% every year after
You read misinformation probably from wannabe experts, but real world results are another thing.

One of the best natural bodybuilders i know test levels are at 600 so that is a crock of crap, but his bioavialable is at top end.. i also know that top boxers are as low as 321 and can still fight with no problem. This was scientifically proven by laboratory testing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You read misinformation probably from wannabe experts, but real world results are another thing.

One of the best natural bodybuilders i know test levels are at 600 so that is a crock of crap, but his bioavialable is at top end.. i also know that top boxers are as low as 321 and can still fight with no problem. This was scientifically proven by laboratory testing.

There's a lot of things you can still do with mid level and low normal test. Doesn't mean it's optimal or healthy though.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I've been living with low testosterone for quite some time...over 10 yrs. It wasn't until last year when I got serious about bodybuilding that I got it tested after doing a lot of reading... I just thought I had problems with depression but then it all made sense. It was low-normal as well, which made it more livable, although it greatly lowered my quality of life throughout my twenties. I'm not going to live with it anymore though :)

ps: darkblue - many people can still get a solid erection while having low testosterone. But the drive isn't there and there are many other health problems involved with it. Saying that you 'don't know and don't want to know' is not a healthy way to live. You should have a genuine care for your own well being and health.
Gutterpump,

what kind of health problems you may get? Right now I dont have any problems. I am not sure about future. And more than that, endos are not good to treat Low T symptoms. They just give t shots and if E2 goes high, they reduce the dosage, if E2 goes down, they dont know what to do. This leads to more extra problems, acne, bloating,flushing etc.,Which I dont want to deal with. Before Testim and Androgel how do people treat Low T( 20 years back). They lived with it.unless if a person is primary, he dont need TRT.thats my opinion.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump,

what kind of health problems you may get? Right now I dont have any problems. I am not sure about future. And more than that, endos are not good to treat Low T symptoms. They just give t shots and if E2 goes high, they reduce the dosage, if E2 goes down, they dont know what to do. This leads to more extra problems, acne, bloating,flushing etc.,Which I dont want to deal with. Before Testim and Androgel how do people treat Low T( 20 years back). They lived with it.unless if a person is primary, he dont need TRT.thats my opinion.
There's a lot of possible health issues that can arise out of low T. You may not have them now but they can appear. The main health issue is psychological. Depression, cognition, drive, motivation, these are all affected or can easily become affected by declining T levels. There are lots of other health concerns with low T. I think most of them will start appearing below the 310 level...but a lot can still exist for people in the low normal range. Search around, and you can find the info.

Also, find a great Dr who knows how to properly administer TRT and things will be / should be fine. Follow their lead and instructions, and things will be better than fine. Most endos and urologists are not great.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of possible health issues that can arise out of low T. You may not have them now but they can appear. The main health issue is psychological. Depression, cognition, drive, motivation, these are all affected or can easily become affected by declining T levels. There are lots of other health concerns with low T. I think most of them will start appearing below the 310 level...but a lot can still exist for people in the low normal range. Search around, and you can find the info.

Also, find a great Dr who knows how to properly administer TRT and things will be / should be fine. Follow their lead and instructions, and things will be better than fine. Most endos and urologists are not great.
Currently I dont have those symptoms now. Do I still need to go for TRT. I am secondary becos my LH was low.

K1212

Awards
Chest pains I've delt with for many years and always pushed them aside as nothing. All heart monitoring tests, blood pressure tests etc have always come back fine for me so I've always brushed it off as nothing.

You should search around more on this forum and others, all the answers you are looking for are here. If you want some advice on good dr's let me know.

BTW, I think living with it for someone's whole life is much worse..At least with your case, you KNOW what's wrong and that it's not normal and needs to be dealt with and HOW to deal with it. For someone who is accustomed to it, they can be stubborn and think it's just normal for them and grow to accept it over time...which is really unacceptable. If you decide to get help, at least you wouldn't have gone through the issues for several years on end.

I am not sure living with it and have it taken away is any better, I knew what I had and I didnt appreciate it and I took it for granted, I see other guys, the vast majority of guys and I look at them with envy, I cant even watch sports anymore because I am jealous of the announcers and jealous of the confidence a high testosterone gives you

But on the same time I dont see how anyone can live like this their whole life, this depression is unbearable, I dont understand how people were able to deal with this before they had TRT, this depression is beyond horrible

K1212

Awards

whatever, I dont see how that is possible everything I read tells me if it is below 800 then there is probably a problem, you named 2 sources, testosterone is something I can usually spot now and I can assure you most guys dont go around with a lower then normal testosterone

K1212

Awards

My T must be below 310 at this point, I feel like crap, before it was the psychological nightmare now I just feel like hell, my body is freezing all the time and it is 60 degrees out and I just feel like crap

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
Hey K1212, perhaps go get it checked out if you haven't already? did you get the surgery to fix the varicocele? You should definitely get something done....it's never too late.

K1212

Awards
Hey K1212, perhaps go get it checked out if you haven't already? did you get the surgery to fix the varicocele? You should definitely get something done....it's never too late.

no I have an appointment with a specialist at the end of octber but I have a feeling he wont have the surgery on me because 1) I have unpaid medical bills and 2) he will probably tell me it wont repair my testosterone which will probably be correct

monomer

Awards
I don't see what the dilemma is? If you do nothing you will continue to feel like you do now (or worse). In one of your posts you say you can't imagine being on TRT for the rest of your life. With all due respect, "man up" and address your problem. There are many things worse than sticking yourself with a needle each week. One of them is to be in the condition you are in now.

You need to get to a qualified Doctor and take control of your situation. If you are in Wisconsin, going to see Dr. Crisler in Lansing MI is within reason. He is within driving distance and has helped many people on these boards. Other than the initial visit everything can be done by phone. You may find that surgery is not necessary and you can feel like your old self with just some testosterone.

While everyone here wishes you well, in the end it is up to you to look out for yourself.

rmac1

Awards
Ok, say two males both have a testosterone level of 800. One is on trt and the other is not. Setting other variables aside who will generaly feel better. More confidence, better sex drive, etc. I have read many posts in the past that people are disapointed in trt. A male with a natural level of 800 is generaly not very disapointed in how they feel.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Currently I dont have those symptoms now. Do I still need to go for TRT. I am secondary becos my LH was low.
If everything is working and you feel fine, then you don't need TRT.

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
I don't understand the 2 months of shots and then quitting. After the first month your natural production of T would have stopped. All that would have been left was whatever the shots were giving you. I'm assuming you were taking weekly shots with a starting dose of around 100mg a week? Anything less than that or less often was pretty much an amateurish effort and a waste of time. You should have had your blood tested after the first month. After my first month of weekly shots my TT was about the same. Once we bumped the dose up a bit I could really start seeing the difference.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand the 2 months of shots and then quitting. After the first month your natural production of T would have stopped. All that would have been left was whatever the shots were giving you. I'm assuming you were taking weekly shots with a starting dose of around 100mg a week? Anything less than that or less often was pretty much an amateurish effort and a waste of time. You should have had your blood tested after the first month. After my first month of weekly shots my TT was about the same. Once we bumped the dose up a bit I could really start seeing the difference.
I was taking 200mg/2 weeks. After 2 mnths wehn tested My total T was 1150. Estradiol was high. And doctor could nto do anythign with Estradiol. Ans it did not give me any good results., So i stopped taking it and decided to improve in natural ways.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was taking 200mg/2 weeks. After 2 mnths wehn tested My total T was 1150. Estradiol was high. And doctor could nto do anythign with Estradiol. Ans it did not give me any good results., So i stopped taking it and decided to improve in natural ways.

You didn't get good results because your estradiol shot up...plain and simple. You should see a new doctor, or you can deal with estradiol on your own and monitor bloodwork, etc. No herbs or pranic healing are going to heal someone of hypogonadism.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
200mg/2weeks
that is 100mg/week on average.
that 1150 depends when you have drawn the blood.
You definitely do not have this level of TT over every day during 2 weeks period.
Variations are real big.
Assuming that you would stay on the same average testosterone dose,
you should get better results if you split the T doses and do
2/week or E3D.
In any case draw blood 48 hrs after T shot.
That should stabilize your TT levels and most likely reduce E2 or allow you to have better control using
Arimidex=Liquidex=Anastrozole.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Sanz,

The test was taken at the end of first week.
As of now I dont feel any symptoms of Low test. Atleast for libido,sexuality,mood,concentration,energy levels all are good.

jpk

jpk

Awards
K (Cheesehead),

Can you share what exactly happened to destroy your test levels?

Have you considered that other hormones can spike up and make you feel like crap? When you get your blood test have them check out Estrogen, Cortisol and Prolactin. There are probably some others that the guys on this board would suggest also.

One other consideration...I've spent a lot of time with my relatives in Wisconsin. Everybody is overweight, under exercised and drinks too much. A lot of the older guys in my clan all ended up with sleep apnea. This alone can trash your hormone profile all by itself. Are you a big guy? Do you snore loudly? Do you fall asleep easily during the day? I'm just trying to cover the ground that is familiar to me in figuring out how you can get better. Short of a few docs like Crisler, you're not going to get a lot of help from the medical community. A lot of the guys on these forums could run circles around most MDs when it comes to "applied endocrinology."

K1212

Awards
K (Cheesehead),

Can you share what exactly happened to destroy your test levels?

Have you considered that other hormones can spike up and make you feel like crap? When you get your blood test have them check out Estrogen, Cortisol and Prolactin. There are probably some others that the guys on this board would suggest also.

One other consideration...I've spent a lot of time with my relatives in Wisconsin. Everybody is overweight, under exercised and drinks too much. A lot of the older guys in my clan all ended up with sleep apnea. This alone can trash your hormone profile all by itself. Are you a big guy? Do you snore loudly? Do you fall asleep easily during the day? I'm just trying to cover the ground that is familiar to me in figuring out how you can get better. Short of a few docs like Crisler, you're not going to get a lot of help from the medical community. A lot of the guys on these forums could run circles around most MDs when it comes to "applied endocrinology."
well it was obviously my varicocele, still insure how it formed, either my dog stomping on the back of my testicle, or 2 days later after a long masturbation session I woke up every hour that night to urinate and the next morning I realized I couldnt get a hard on and I couldnt get any mental images of females running through my head

and my health is A+ as far that goes, I am pretty much a Vegan, I dont drink or smoke and weight about 135 pounds and am 5 6

thenxtgrt1

Awards
What have been your natural methods?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
200mg/2weeks
that is 100mg/week on average.
that 1150 depends when you have drawn the blood.
You definitely do not have this level of TT over every day during 2 weeks period.
Variations are real big.
Assuming that you would stay on the same average testosterone dose,
you should get better results if you split the T doses and do
2/week or E3D.
In any case draw blood 48 hrs after T shot.
That should stabilize your TT levels and most likely reduce E2 or allow you to have better control using
Arimidex=Liquidex=Anastrozole.

Thanks Sanz,

As of now I dont feel any symptoms of Low test. Atleast for libido,sexuality,mood,concentration,energy levels all are good
Would you like to make up your mind, either you feel good or bad.
===================================
I think you are not really good.
Please re-read my advice.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A lot of the older guys in my clan all ended up with sleep apnea. This alone can trash your hormone profile all by itself. Are you a big guy? Do you snore loudly? Do you fall asleep easily during the day?
Does TRT also help heal sleep apnea? I sleep like $hit a lot of the time, but I'm fairly lean and live pretty healthy. I don't think I wake up much during the night, but I don't wake up feeling well rested most of the time. I always thought it was due to low test though..but sleep apnea also crossed my mind since I can be such a heavy snorer at times. Strange thing is I dream almost every night, lucid dreams and lots of them..so I must be getting deep sleep...

rmac1

Awards
I've read it can make it worse. Not really sure though

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
whatever, I dont see how that is possible everything I read tells me if it is below 800 then there is probably a problem, you named 2 sources, testosterone is something I can usually spot now and I can assure you most guys dont go around with a lower then normal testosterone
Show me the research youv'e been reading that says what you're claiming in red above... I couldn't find any... I doubt you'll be able to generate one either.. But, I'm willing to give you the benefit of doubt.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
My T must be below 310 at this point, I feel like crap, before it was the psychological nightmare now I just feel like hell, my body is freezing all the time and it is 60 degrees out and I just feel like crap
After reading your posts, any man with 800 levels would drive his testosterone down just by thinking like you do. I would not doubt if your levels are this low due to your negative thinking. Could it be that your depression is driving you levels down rather the other way around... I can provide you with credible research to prove depression causes low T.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Ok, say two males both have a testosterone level of 800. One is on trt and the other is not. Setting other variables aside who will generaly feel better. More confidence, better sex drive, etc. I have read many posts in the past that people are disapointed in trt. A male with a natural level of 800 is generaly not very disapointed in how they feel.
This is true... many will live "naturally" while in the mid range very happily... While many on TRT at 800 are still having tons of issues.

Although it could be very beneficial, TRT is not a panacea.

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Sanz,

As of now I dont feel any symptoms of Low test. Atleast for libido,sexuality,mood,concentration,energy levels all are good.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump,

what kind of health problems you may get? .
here's some answers to your question:

For each person, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits of treatment. However, the risks of continuing deficient testosterone levels are clear. They include:

1. Heart attacks.
2. Strokes.
3. Prostate cancer, possibly other cancers (from unbalanced estrogens actions).
4. Chronic fatigue and difficulty coping with stress (accompanying adrenal fatigue/insufficiency that secondarily occurs with low testosterone levels)
5. Excessive anxiety, stress, irritability, anger outbursts (the irritable male syndrome)
6. Severe depression.
7. Impaired memory and attention, difficulty learning new material (some to the extent of a dementia-like syndrome).
8. Impaired fertility - if low FSH/LH levels or FSH/LH resistance are the cause of low testosterone levels.
9. Lack of libido, erectile dysfunction - often bandaged with Viagra, but with undiagnosed testosterone deficiency as a direct cause.
10. Obesity - which is difficult to treat with diet alone - which can lead to arthritic conditions.
11. Diabetes
12. Loss of muscle mass.
13. Osteoporosis
14. Impaired immune system.
15. Reduced reaction time, quickness of reaction, mental quickness (from reduced dopamine levels, insulin-resistance associated with testosterone deficiency - among other associated changes)

K1212

Awards
After reading your posts, any man with 800 levels would drive his testosterone down just by thinking like you do. I would not doubt if your levels are this low due to your negative thinking. Could it be that your depression is driving you levels down rather the other way around... I can provide you with credible research to prove depression causes low T.

I wish it was depression but like I said I woke up one morning having to constantly urinate, then I couldnt get any sexual images in my head and looked on line and couldnt get excited at things I knew I would go crazy about, then I discovered these veins on my testicle and wound up finding this site and realized what the problem was

shyguava

Awards
here's some answers to your question:
Hey gutter.....where did you get that long list that shows the effects lack of T has on the male health from?
Just curious so I can rub it in my endo's face .:chick:

shyguava

Awards
I am wondering....having just had a varicocele operation - I have research to say that it may take 3 months+ to see an improvement to sperm quality etc. If ED and T and other hormones improve as a by product of fixing testicular stress (for that is what V is), then anyone do research to say how long before other improvements appear after a V operation. My T for example pre op was 321. Which sucked.

Would be keen to hear too how you post V guys went with your tests as far as noticing a rise in T post operation (lasting improvement...preferably as opposed to short term spikes)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey gutter.....where did you get that long list that shows the effects lack of T has on the male health from?
Just curious so I can rub it in my endo's face .:chick:

Men's Health forum at MesoRx..it's in one of the stickies

jpk

jpk

Awards
well it was obviously my varicocele, still insure how it formed, either my dog stomping on the back of my testicle, or 2 days later after a long masturbation session I woke up every hour that night to urinate and the next morning I realized I couldnt get a hard on and I couldnt get any mental images of females running through my head

and my health is A+ as far that goes, I am pretty much a Vegan, I dont drink or smoke and weight about 135 pounds and am 5 6
It is extremely difficult to get the proper amounts of certain nutrients on a vegan diet. The assumption that this is a better diet is generally only held by other vegans. I also have observed that a lot of the rationalization for this highly restricted diet falls under a religious/spiritual/ethical umbrella.

It's a free country thank god, but I am having a hard time finding healthy strapping males that are vegan. This choice will limit your gains in the gym, health and testosterone levels. Heavy lifting and animal protein will get your test levels up.

Not trying to be a dcik, just worried that you're shooting your own foot off with a choice that you made when you probably weren't fully informed.