Adrenals

HQProperty

Awards
How do you know if you have a problem in the Adrenals?

The most common problem in the Adrenals is Adrenal Fatigue?

What tests are needed to confirm that?
Or is that determined by symptoms you feel only?

Thanks guys.

HQProperty

Awards
Best test is saliva cortisol 4x/day to check circadian pattern:

Adrenal Stress Index by Diagnos-Techs

Low serum DHEA-S is another indicator.
Thanks for the tips. I might consider getting it done but i see it costs $149.00 though.

Do you know if there are regular tests that can be done at a lab like labcorp or quest diagnostics that would give similar results? or you think its really beneficial to do the test you specified?

I have insurance so i want to take advantage of that. And im sure those mail order tests are not going to accept my insurance.

The regular tests just check cortisol levels just one right time. And its done via blood test.

I did a regular cortisol test 2 times so far

03/24/08 (done at 8AM)
Cortisol 6.6 (This is LOW)
Normal Level Should be 8.0 – 19 at 8:00 AM

04/09/08 (done at 8AM)
Cortisol: 10.0 (8.0-19) at 8:00 AM

Do i need to do more tests? Do you know if my levels are really low? is the second test ok?

thanks

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
03/24/08 (done at 8AM)
Cortisol 6.6 (This is LOW)
Normal Level Should be 8.0 – 19 at 8:00 AM

04/09/08 (done at 8AM)
Cortisol: 10.0 (8.0-19) at 8:00 AM

Do i need to do more tests? Do you know if my levels are really low? is the second test ok?
Definately adrenal problems... morning cortisol should be around 15. I assume your DHEA is low too?

You need a good doctor to help correct this. Most mainstream docs don't recognize adrenal fatigue, just adrenal failure but then its usually too late.

HQProperty

Awards
Definately adrenal problems... morning cortisol should be around 15. I assume your DHEA is low too?

You need a good doctor to help correct this. Most mainstream docs don't recognize adrenal fatigue, just adrenal failure but then its usually too late.

I never got my DHEA tested. I will try to get that done as well.

Do you think i should start my restart first as my doc suggested...then later on work on fixing adrenal issues and thyroid? Or you think it can be done all together?

Im also working on lifestyle changes and nutrition. so just curious about the process and the order on what should go first, second, third etc..

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Do you think i should start my restart first as my doc suggested...then later on work on fixing adrenal issues and thyroid? Or you think it can be done all together?
Adrenal support is required for everything else to function. You absolutely can't increase your thyroid without it. You should talk to 'The Matrix'...