RBC fatty acid testing

HQProperty

Awards
Is RBC fatty acid test a good test for someone to do who is looking to improve their health?

What is the test actually about? Anyone done it before? is it worth it?

Anyone know a good place where i can get this test done?

Is it done the same way as a SpectraCell test? because im also getting the Spectra Cell test done and that is done by having a kit sent to your house and then you get the blood taken and send it to the lab.

I wish to improve my nutrition and correct any vitamin deficiencies. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HQProperty

Awards
Yep, this is the one I did:

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

Just like spectra, they send a kit that you take to your own lab.

Surprisingly my omega 3's weren't as low as I expected.
Thanks man. Mind me asking what state you live in? You said before that you took the kit to a local hospital lab and they charged you $10 for a blood draw. I was wondering if i can travel to find a hospital lab to do that for me.

How did you get the kit from Genova Diagnostics? Dont they need a script from your doc to give that out?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Mind me asking what state you live in? You said before that you took the kit to a local hospital lab and they charged you $10 for a blood draw. I was wondering if i can travel to find a hospital lab to do that for me.

How did you get the kit from Genova Diagnostics? Dont they need a script from your doc to give that out?

Yeah you need a script.

HQProperty

Awards
Yeah you need a script... contact these people:

http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/contact.html

Even though its not listed on their site, they can order it for you... $300

Did your doc have an account with Genova Diagnostics?

My doc gave me a script for the test and i called Genova Diagnostics and they are saying my doc needs to have an account with them. I dont know if my doc has the time to make the account.

thanks man

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

My doc gave me a script for the test and i called Genova Diagnostics and they are saying my doc needs to have an account with them. I dont know if my doc has the time to make the account.

thanks man
Make it easy on your doctor.
Talk to his office manager, often nice lady.
Get all the info first.
Walk her thru the process first, then all doc have to do is to say yes.

All info is available from their site.
www,gdx.net

Most of the communication and ordering is thru computer.
She is going to get account name and password.
If you live conveniently, ask her to direct shipment of kits to your residence.
Most of the tests are real simple and easy on your doctor.
When you get curious ablut NutrEval test,
do not ask for it for a while, let your doc get familiar with the process first.
Besides, NutrEval requires doc to buy special equipment, he may not be willing when this is on begining of his interface with Genova.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established

thanks man

Right

HQProperty

Awards
Make it easy on your doctor.
Talk to his office manager, often nice lady.
Get all the info first.
Walk her thru the process first, then all doc have to do is to say yes.

All info is available from their site.
www,gdx.net

Most of the communication and ordering is thru computer.
She is going to get account name and password.
If you live conveniently, ask her to direct shipment of kits to your residence.
Most of the tests are real simple and easy on your doctor.
When you get curious ablut NutrEval test,
do not ask for it for a while, let your doc get familiar with the process first.
Besides, NutrEval requires doc to buy special equipment, he may not be willing when this is on begining of his interface with Genova.

Thanks for the info. I did talk to his secretary. She said the doc would have to talk to me first and will call me tomorrow (I hope)

I got a list of docs that already do this kind of test but they charge like 300-350 for the first visit. It would be good if the doc im dealing with could make the account, he only charges me like 60$ which isnt bad at all.

LeanGuy - you ordered it from http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/contact.html
right? i sent them an email never got a response =/...i just sent another one today. If i can get the kit from that site then i can just go to my doc and get the blood work done and ship the kit myself. and then the doc wouldnt need an account with Genova Diagnostics right?

Thanks guys

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
right? i sent them an email never got a response =/...i just sent another one today. If i can get the kit from that site then i can just go to my doc and get the blood work done and ship the kit myself. and then the doc wouldnt need an account with Genova Diagnostics right?

Thanks guys
Correct. They sometimes take awhile to respond, because they run a busy clinic. If you don't get a reply, try calling.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I did talk to his secretary. She said the doc would have to talk to me first and will call me tomorrow (I hope)

I got a list of docs that already do this kind of test but they charge like 300-350 for the first visit. It would be good if the doc im dealing with could make the account, he only charges me like 60$ which isnt bad at all.

Thanks guys
Genova will not deal with patients.
They have also special arrangement and instructions for transportation of samples.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Genova will not deal with patients.
They have also special arrangement and instructions for transportation of samples.
Who ever you are listening to has you on a good pathway to health by examning all the external factors. REmember in the state of NY that labs like genova, and others need to have a written statement that "labs were taken out of the state of NY" for legal purposes. It going to be journey that will have its ups and down, but you are still young and can rebound back . People in mid 30's and older are not as fortunate no matter what changes they make..

HQProperty

Awards
Thanks everyone. Lots of smart & helpful people on the boards. =)

that link LeanGuy gave me works great. They replied and told me they can do the test, i just have to call them up and its $300.

I also talked to my doc and he said he will try to make an account with genova.

My question is...would it be cheaper if my doc ordered the test for me from genova?

the other company is basically a middle man right?

if my doc cant make the account i will just order from that site.

The Matrix - you give some really good advice on health. I enjoy reading your posts.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
My question is...would it be cheaper if my doc ordered the test for me from genova?

the other company is basically a middle man right?
It is a little cheaper direct from your doc. The internet company is a dr office but they are making money from the tests (but not a whole lot they said). I am very glad to have that site, because my doc doesn't like to order arbitrary tests. Besides, I have to pay an xtra $100 to see my doc to go over the results... they won't mail them!! So I actually save money.

Some other good testing sites...

Highest Quality Vitamins And Supplements - Life Extension (especially during their blood test sales)
Online blood testing lab tests, STD testing blood tests lab test by Private MD (good selection of labcorp blood tests, more than LEF)

Again, they all have New York restrictions... I'll never move to NY because of it... residents should protest that law.