Isocort long term?

rmac1

Awards
Hi,

I would like to know if using isocort long term is a good idea. I have established adrenal fatigue with low cortisol, but actually getting perscribed HC probally will not happen. Is isocort the next best thing compared to HC, and how long can you use it for. Thanks

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards
If anyone has an answer to this that would be great.

engival

Awards
  • Established
i dont see why that would be a problem, but it seems more ideal to just switch to HC

Dath

Awards
Hi,

I would like to know if using isocort long term is a good idea. I have established adrenal fatigue with low cortisol, but actually getting perscribed HC probally will not happen. Is isocort the next best thing compared to HC, and how long can you use it for. Thanks
Adrenal Rebuilder is great for adrenal fatigue. It's formulated by Dr. Wilson, the guy who wrote the Adrenal Fatigue book. It's processed to have the hormones removed. I don't think isocort has the hormones removed which would not make it good for long term use.

http://www.yourwaytowellness.com/health-products/item/?pid=12

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Start with Isocort see how you feel, if its not good enough then you need HC. It depends how low your cortisol levels are.

Isocort is more suited to those with already healthy adrenal function or a mild adrenal fatigue who want to improve their energy. While HC would be for those with chronic fatigue and low cortisol.

As for long-term use if you need cortisol long term then you definitely need HC, isocort shouldn't be used for that.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Start with Isocort see how you feel, if its not good enough then you need HC. It depends how low your cortisol levels are.

Isocort is more suited to those with already healthy adrenal function or a mild adrenal fatigue who want to improve their energy. While HC would be for those with chronic fatigue and low cortisol.

As for long-term use if you need cortisol long term then you definitely need HC, isocort shouldn't be used for that.
I muscle test people and see if they are compatible to adrenal builder or isocort and also the liquid extract dr wilson has as well. I start them slow and work their way up. then after 6 weeks of full dosage I would have them test cortisol levels on salvia while on them. If there is no change then I would recommend them move on to cortef and be medically monitored by a treating dr.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking Isocort for about three years and didnt think it was working as II still have what appears to be severe adrenal fatigue.

When I stopped taking it because it did not appear to be helping, I began to develop very severe fatigue. Now that I have been on it a week or so, that fatigue has lessened.

It seems to me that the answer is it helps somewhat, but not nearly enough to resolve cortisol insufficiencies.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking Isocort for about three years and didnt think it was working as II still have what appears to be severe adrenal fatigue.

When I stopped taking it because it did not appear to be helping, I began to develop very severe fatigue. Now that I have been on it a week or so, that fatigue has lessened.

It seems to me that the answer is it helps somewhat, but not nearly enough to resolve cortisol insufficiencies.
try 1/8 tsp of HC cream 1% first thing in the morning on your forearm and see how you feel. I would suggest FIA 5000 testing to see what you are low in nutrient wise to see if the buildin blocks are there. If your cholesterol is low then you need more of it.