Need help with labs....

dust34

Awards
Hello i am fairly new to this site and was refferred here by a friend. I would like to know if anyone could possibly give me some insight on some of my labs that i have taken. I am 25 years old and My symptoms include Total loss of libido and sex drive, no morning or nocturnal erections and very weak erections. Here are some of my labs done recently I wonder if anything sticks out. thanks in advance.

Basic Metabolic panel
glucose 98 65-99 mg/dl
urea nitrogen 8 8-25 mg/dl
creatinine 1.1 .9-1.6
bun/creat. ratio 7.3 8-21
total calcium 9.7 8.5 10.4

Lipid Panel
Total Cholesterol 180 133-200 mg/dl
triglyceride 52 40-150 mg/dl
hdl 55 >40 mg.dl
ldl 115 65-130 mg/dl

Tsh 5.10 .27-4.20miu/l

total testosterone 678 280-800

Cortisol 18.4 3.4-22

Tsh is high and cortisol/blood glucose are high. Can these have an effect on libido and erections?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I think your TSH makes you hypothyroid. That would cause all those symptoms. Do you feel tired all the time? Your cortisol is also high. Are you stressed?

dust34

Awards
I think your TSH makes you hypothyroid. That would cause all those symptoms. Do you feel tired all the time? Your cortisol is also high. Are you stressed?[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response. Yes I am hypothyroid and taking 1 grain a day of armour thyroid. I am always fatigued for no reason. I dont believe that i am stressed but by body is pumping out alot of cortisol. I have high blood sugar also and wanted to know if that can cause loss of libido and erections? My total testosterone is in the normal range so i dont know why im feeling like this. Does anyone know what tests i should get from my symptoms described above? thanks in advance.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
If I had to guess, its probably your thyroid. You should be testing Free T3, to see how much active thyroid hormone you have.

When it comes to libido/erections... always test estradiol. Ask for a sensitive or ultrasensitive test. Free testosterone is also good to know.

There are a bunch of other relevant tests, depending on how many you want to do.

Looks like you could benefit from some daily coconut oil... to increase your HDL ratio. It also helps a slow thyroid, and is good for homone precursors too.

dust34

Awards
If I had to guess, its probably your thyroid. You should be testing Free T3, to see how much active thyroid hormone you have.

When it comes to libido/erections... always test estradiol. Ask for a sensitive or ultrasensitive test. Free testosterone is also good to know.

There are a bunch of other relevant tests, depending on how many you want to do.

Looks like you could benefit from some daily coconut oil... to increase your HDL ratio. It also helps a slow thyroid, and is good for homone precursors too.
Thanks for the response. Do u know how a low thyroid/f t3 would effect libido/erections? How does thyroid regulate erection strength because i suffer from very weak erections. Trying to get an understanding of why i would be feeling the way i do. I will definately try the coconut oil.

dust34

Awards
Here are my results from free t3,free t4 and free testosterone.

Free t3 3.10 2.0-4.4 pg/ml

free t4 1.38 .93-1.7 ng/dl

Free testosterone 62.22 33.5-134

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Do u know how a low thyroid/f t3 would effect libido/erections? How does thyroid regulate erection strength because i suffer from very weak erections.
Actually I don't know... I want to know for myself as well, because I have the same problem off and on and a slow-ish thyroid too.

Definately check estradiol... that is a major cause of weak erection. Could also be circulation related, how's your BP? You take any other meds?