Where do young kids get all their energy from?

superone

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know why young kids, lets say from the age of 6-13 or so for example, get all their energy from?

For example boys this age have so much energy yet they dont start producing Testosterone untill about age 12 or so. So are they running primarily off of thyroid hormones or something? Where is the energy coming from? We produce higher levels of hormones as we get older to around age 20 or so, yet most of us had more energy when we produced less hormones when we were kids.

What antioxidants or substances, like CoQ10 for example, are high in young kids that gets depleted with age?

Whats going on when we are young kids?

Mabye the increase in Testosterone plays a negative factor since with some people who have naturally high Testosterone levels, that leaves more to be converted into Estrogen, which can cause problems, interfere with Thyroid hormones,ect? What do people in this situation do? You cant take things to lower Estrogen because then you just get even higher of a Testosterone level, which also isnt good and will interfere with other hormones, and too much can convert into DHT aswell.

Any ideas?

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know why young kids, lets say from the age of 6-13 or so for example, get all their energy from?

For example boys this age have so much energy yet they dont start producing Testosterone untill about age 12 or so. So are they running primarily off of thyroid hormones or something? Where is the energy coming from? We produce higher levels of hormones as we get older to around age 20 or so, yet most of us had more energy when we produced less hormones when we were kids.

What antioxidants or substances, like CoQ10 for example, are high in young kids that gets depleted with age?

Whats going on when we are young kids?

Mabye the increase in Testosterone plays a negative factor since with some people who have naturally high Testosterone levels, that leaves more to be converted into Estrogen, which can cause problems, interfere with Thyroid hormones,ect? What do people in this situation do? You cant take things to lower Estrogen because then you just get even higher of a Testosterone level, which also isnt good and will interfere with other hormones, and too much can convert into DHT aswell.

Any ideas?
yeah............SUGAR and kool-aid..and:pizza:

Direwolf

Direwolf

Awards
You cannot compare kids to adults. First of all, it's not just energy. It's excitement. Their perception of life is way different. Everything is new to them. How do you feel when you go on vacation? Personally, I become a little kid for a few days. It comes down on how you preceive things. Learn to tap into that power and the sky is the limit.

That being said, they also don't have the same stress as adults do. We (adults) worry about a whole bunch of factors; bills to pay, crappy job, hard boss... ect. Plus, they do get to have a 12hrs+ of sleep every night. We don't.

Picture your life as a multi millionare with no responsibilities and every wish you have can come true, and then come and tell me if you'd have the same level of energy.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
You cannot compare kids to adults. First of all, it's not just energy. It's excitement. Their perception of life is way different. Everything is new to them. How do you feel when you go on vacation? Personally, I become a little kid for a few days. It comes down on how you preceive things. Learn to tap into that power and the sky is the limit.

That being said, they also don't have the same stress as adults do. We (adults) worry about a whole bunch of factors; bills to pay, crappy job, hard boss... ect. Plus, they do get to have a 12hrs+ of sleep every night. We don't.

Picture your life as a multi millionare with no responsibilities and every wish you have can come true, and then come and tell me if you'd have the same level of energy.
I agree, but aging also plays a role.

Direwolf

Direwolf

Awards
I agree, but aging also plays a role.
LOL! Of course it does! But, come on... Keep clean eating habits, train and you'd be in better shape at the age of 50, than a teenager that follows the average "north american" life style by miles! No?

I am not a fan, but Lance Armstrong is doing it. Not to mention how many other athletes. Actually, I have a neighbor that is 65, and can still run marathons and still finishes in the top 10. I've met a 65 year old man, that benched more than me, considering I am about half his age.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
adderall lol....every kid has add or adhd these days that they r so hyped up on speed

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
look, theres no way its soley to do with age and excitement. I had a TON more energy when I was little. I wondered "why the crap aren't adults running everywhere its much more fun to sprint to the car than walk to it". I remember RUNNING up the stairs whenever I had to do anything...I would run all around the house. I had 2 broken arms and would run everywhere and walk on tables. I was super hyper. I also would sleep 6hrs and couldn't wait to get up in the morning at 6am and watch cartoons on a saturday morning.

When I hit 10-11 years old...must have been 5th grade, all these things changed immediately. My lifestyle hadn't changed at all, everything was the same. I still had the same hobbies, motivation, etc...but I started sleeping a ton, hated getting up for school. All this progressed as I matured. Now I'm just like everyone else, stress, not enough sleep, etc...

I wish I could figure out what it is that causes the energy to drop. Its the exact same thing with dogs. Dogs are hyper as sh*t. Then when their nuts drop they calm way down.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
yeah............SUGAR and kool-aid..and:pizza:

lol. i was in the supermarket last night, tons of kids aged 11-15 by the looks of it all running to buy energy drinks. Guess thats how they get there fix on the weekend!