Is TRT EVER simple?

Eisenhower

Awards
Guys, I've been getting really depressed reading this forum (I've started from the beginning and have worked my way up to about page 45).

I'm supposed to go see Dr. Mariano next month for an initial visit, but everything I've read makes TRT seem like an endless roller coaster of highs and lows, and constant, never ending tweaking trying to get things right as far as libido, ect.

Does anyone ever get on TRT and get a set protocol that lasts? It sounds to me like you live you life jusging every day by a morning erection and then living to see what this month's blood test reveals so you can try to fix things.

That doesn't sound like a happy life. Can someone give me any hope in this whole thing?

Eisenhower

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I've been getting really depressed reading this forum (I've started from the beginning and have worked my way up to about page 45).

I'm supposed to go see Dr. Mariano next month for an initial visit, but everything I've read makes TRT seem like an endless roller coaster of highs and lows, and constant, never ending tweaking trying to get things right as far as libido, ect.

Does anyone ever get on TRT and get a set protocol that lasts? It sounds to me like you live you life jusging every day by a morning erection and then living to see what this month's blood test reveals so you can try to fix things.

That doesn't sound like a happy life. Can someone give me any hope in this whole thing?

Eisenhower
You have to read between lines.
It is not that bad.
Many people have irresistible need to constantly tinker.
Others are doing extras on top of what doc told them to do.
Another, make outright effort to mislead doctor in a hope od securing script.

Also some doctors are learning the ropes, cant blame doc with good intentions, allow him some wiggle room.

It is worth to be educated so you can evaluate where are you going in your treatment.

Eisenhower

Awards
Thanks, Jan. I'm sure with Dr. Mariano, I at least know I've got a super-commpetent doc on my side. My Urolologist and the Endocrinologist I went to clearly didn't have a clue about male hormones (the Uro told me 235 was "fine" and the Endo asked me why I even wanted to test Estadiol???)

My situation is now though is that for the last 8 months I've been on some amino acid supps and zinc and my erectile performance has been great - only in the last month or so has it started to wane a bit. My fear is that getting on TRT I'm going to be hitting highs but also lows, maybe even worse than when I'm just on the supps.

I don't know ... the whole thing is depressing to me I guess. However, I guess being in the care of a good doc beats taking suplements and hoping for the best not ever really knowing what's going on in my body.

Glen Quagmire

Awards
Good luck with your treatment. I just took my blood tests Friday. I was wondering the same thing as you, if it was ever simple ??? I am not looking to fool the doctor, just trying to get on the right track.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established

Eisenhower
My treatment is very simple and has worked consistently for nearly three years. I spent a year on transdermal test and it wasn't that good. Then I met a doctor who was able to determine my condition. Now my protocol consists of an HCG injection combined with .5 mg of Arimidex every three days.

I read your numbers on another thread, and they're pretty close to what I started with.

Good luck!

Eisenhower

Awards
Thanks ... how has your libido been for these last three years?

Eisenhower

Awards
Man, that's awesome! Congrats and thanks for the encouragement.