Vitamin deficiency - How do you know if you have it? / Life Style Changes.

HQProperty

Awards
how do you exactly know you have a vitamin deficiency?
Is it mostly by symptoms? or is there certain tests you can do to figure that out?

I read that proper diet, exercise and taking some vitamins can help with rasing testosterone or atleast having feeling better.

I havnt been eating that healthy lately. And not exercising.

So i wish to change that now. I need some advice.

Im 24 years old 5'8 and weigh 150 pounds.
The symptoms i feel is: LOW energy level, E.D, Low Libido, Brain Fog, Fatigue, cannot handle stress, anxity, depression, dont feel well being.

I used to smoke cigarettes , drink beer/alcohol and smoked weed and did cocaine. Yeah i know i really screwed myself up. I used to hang out with the wrong kind of people. Even if someone offers me a beer now i would say no. I gave up all the bad habits 2-3 years ago. And i will never do anything again that would mess up my health even more. I really learned my lesson.

I have low testosterone of 250-350. Im taking Bromocriptine to lower prolactin. My prolactin was slighty high which is 22.

1. How do i find out what vitamin deficiency's i have? What tests can i take to find out?

2. What vitamins should i start taking and how much? I heard taking too many vitamins can be bad. So im confused on what to take and how many i should take. I hear people on the board taking B6 vitamin and vitamin D etc.

Right now im taking :

A. Centrum Chewables multivitamin.multi mineral- 1 tablet a day

B. Oscal Chewable Calcium Supplement. (I dont drink milk because im lactose intolerance) - 1 tablet a day

C. I have Omega-3 Complex by natrol sitting here...havnt took it in a while.. should i start taking these? are they good?

3. For the proper diet can someone recommend something? Or how can i get more information on what i should be eating? should i see a nutritionist?

4. For exercise - i should start jogging on the treadmill for a start right? anything else? start lifting some weights maybe?

Also another question: Are there people who help you with this kind of stuff and make a plan for you to follow?

I want to improve my health before i see Dr. Crisler. But i want to do it regardless for myself.

For an attempt to "restart" i heard you have to have a good diet and be in good shape to be successful in a restart.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
To raise your testosterone you need to have proper nutrition, exercise and sleep. Cholesterol is very important your body needs it to make hormones. You should take those omega 3's and leanguy told me I should start taking 1tbsp of virgin coconut oil before bed. I started that about a month ago and I also started taking a ZMA before bed with the oil. The more you exercise the more you need to take in calorie wise. Broccoli, peanuts, peanut butter (natural), fish, lean chicken are a few good staples. For exercising cardio will help your overall health, but to raise your testosterone you have to lift weights. Lift heavy and do compound exercises like squats, dead lifts......Don't do too much cardio. Sleep is very important in testosterone production most of it happens while you sleep. Rest is every bit as important if not more than all of this. I think of it like this working out destroys and resting builds.

You should tell your doctor you want a complete panel done on your blood. Tell him since you have low test you want a base for reference if anything goes wrong in the future. This might be expensive if you don't have insurance, but worth it. I mean if you did it a couple of years ago you would have something to compare to now.

How is the bromo going. Honestly I have only been taking it a few days and I feel a little better. I worry though as you said it was like that in the beginning for you and then it slowly went back to how it was before. How long have you been on it? Did your E2 go up? Did you test that I read somewhere it can also cause that to go up and that might make you feel like crap.

HQProperty

Awards
To raise your testosterone you need to have proper nutrition, exercise and sleep. Cholesterol is very important your body needs it to make hormones. You should take those omega 3's and leanguy told me I should start taking 1tbsp of virgin coconut oil before bed. I started that about a month ago and I also started taking a ZMA before bed with the oil. The more you exercise the more you need to take in calorie wise. Broccoli, peanuts, peanut butter (natural), fish, lean chicken are a few good staples. For exercising cardio will help your overall health, but to raise your testosterone you have to lift weights. Lift heavy and do compound exercises like squats, dead lifts......Don't do too much cardio. Sleep is very important in testosterone production most of it happens while you sleep. Rest is every bit as important if not more than all of this. I think of it like this working out destroys and resting builds.

You should tell your doctor you want a complete panel done on your blood. Tell him since you have low test you want a base for reference if anything goes wrong in the future. This might be expensive if you don't have insurance, but worth it. I mean if you did it a couple of years ago you would have something to compare to now.

How is the bromo going. Honestly I have only been taking it a few days and I feel a little better. I worry though as you said it was like that in the beginning for you and then it slowly went back to how it was before. How long have you been on it? Did your E2 go up? Did you test that I read somewhere it can also cause that to go up and that might make you feel like crap.

Thanks for the great advice. Really helpful stuff.

The bromo is going well. I guess i felt like crap last week because i missed a dosage. I went to do the blood work to check testosterone and prolactin levels. Results should be in a few days. My endo might increase the dosage if needed.
Good to hear you feel a little better, i think you will be good though just make sure your doc checks if your prolactin level is under control and increase dosage if needed. Ive been taking bromo for 4 months 2 weeks now. Oh i didnt know e2 can go up while taking bromo. My endo didnt check e2 again he only checked it once. He is just checking test and prolactin.

So by taking bromo my level went up from 250 to 315-350. So im wondering if i start eating more healthy, excerise, take vitamins, sleep on time and control stress maybe it can go up 100 more points. so i can get it up to 450 then maybe the doc can let me try a restart to get my test levels up or maybe take hcg + test.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Broccoli, peanuts, peanut butter (natural), fish, lean chicken are a few good staples. .
Those are good and healthy, nutritious foods, but don't get stuck in the trap of only eating those types of foods and forgetting about your saturated fats. Things like whole eggs, steak, cheese (goat cheese is the best), they contain saturated fats needed for the body to create cholesterol in the liver. Contrary to popular belief, the majority of cholesterol is produced by saturated fats being processed in your liver, not via dietary cholesterol.

I was on a diet like the one you stated above, my cholesterol plummeted to a total of 110...very low. Saturated fats won't make you fat, so don't be afraid of them in moderation! Just eat healthy portions of a variety of healthy foods in the right balances. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, but it can also lower cholesterol by boosting thyroid function and helping the convertion to necessary androgens...pretty good stuff. Lowers overall cholesterol via boosting hormone production.

Coconut Oil Helps Lower Cholesterol

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for a vitamin/mineral test to see what you really need, SpectraCell is excellent. It shows your long-term cellular levels, not just your serum which can change day-to-day.

Intracellular Vitamin Analysis by Spectracell

It was recommended to me by The Matrix. I should be getting my results any day now. Insurance may cover the cost, but mine didn't.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great advice. Really helpful stuff.
I have to admit I am new to all of this so I would probably listen to the other guys before myself. So far learning as I go and it is going okay. Could be a lot better so we will see. Keep trying to do it naturally.

Good Luck