which causes which?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%

which causes which?

OK guys soo here is a question... does low shbg cause high insulin? Or does high insulin cause low shbg? Because my test dose is a lil high and IM going to drop it down to 150mg and go to dr john. My current endo has my on high amounts and doesnt even understand adrenal fatigue or how low shbg can cause tons of problems. I ate ice cream last night, woke up today and almost fell over. I was soo dizzy and tired and going into a ****ing coma from the reaction to all that sugar last night. I need to get this insulin resistance under control so I gotta raise my shbg which is 7 range is 7-49. So my guess is lower total test intake to 150mg a week and see what happens.. wait amonth and get everything retested and see what Dr John says? On a side note my adrenals might also be the cause of the insulin resistance but I will wait a month and get that tested. Regardless I think it is safe to say I have to raise my low shbg somehow correct?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lattimer99 View Post
    OK guys soo here is a question... does low shbg cause high insulin? Or does high insulin cause low shbg? Because my test dose is a lil high and IM going to drop it down to 150mg and go to dr john. My current endo has my on high amounts and doesnt even understand adrenal fatigue or how low shbg can cause tons of problems. I ate ice cream last night, woke up today and almost fell over. I was soo dizzy and tired and going into a ****ing coma from the reaction to all that sugar last night. I need to get this insulin resistance under control so I gotta raise my shbg which is 7 range is 7-49. So my guess is lower total test intake to 150mg a week and see what happens.. wait amonth and get everything retested and see what Dr John says? On a side note my adrenals might also be the cause of the insulin resistance but I will wait a month and get that tested. Regardless I think it is safe to say I have to raise my low shbg somehow correct?
    One of ideas,
    whatewer amount of food you have decided to eat,
    eat similar amounts every day,
    divide daily food into at least 4 meals or more.

Idea being to reduce glucose ups and downs.
    ----------------------
    Skip as much as possible foods processed at temperatures higher than 250F.

high temperature creates glycotoxins in food

glycotoxins creates beta cell disfunction

beta cell disfunction = insuline resistance
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Insulin resistance will cause low SHBG and also lowered testosterone secretion.

News - Insulin Resistance Tied to Low Testosterone in Men: Presented at ENDO

Fix the issue, and it should help to bring your levels back up.

I'm personally getting a blood-glucose meter to do some testing on my own. If I take in a lot of sugar at once (for example - eating 4-5 chocolate chip cookies), I feel like crap and feel like passing out. Going to keep on a normal carb based diet while testing, then switching to a low-carb diet and eventually introducing some good carbs back in. I can also lose around 10pnds atm, but I am definitely fairly lean...sort of hit me as a shock that I may be insulin resistant since it's normally tied in with overweight individuals.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%

well I have to fix this insulin resistance issue because i do believe it is the cause of my low energy levels and loss of sex drive as well as ED. All other tests look good so just gotta fix thyroid and adrenals if they are a probelm and that should also help with insulin resistance correct?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

I think diet/lifestyle/genetics are the main factors in insulin resistance.

I'll let other ppl comment on the thyroid/adrenals influence on it.