depression, low test? - AnabolicMinds.com

depression, low test?

1. New Member

depression, low test?

I am going to see a doctor for depression. I have had this for a few weeks and off and on for years but not to this extent. Should I try and see an endocrinologist as well? I have never done steroids though I have taken ph's before. I am 22, so I am not very old. Is it common to see an endo for depression?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Depression can be as simple as stress and as complex as your body's functions being out of whack working like a domino effect. Just make sure you're open and honest on what's going on in your life and let them diagnose you.

Don't jump on all things lead to low Test path just yet.
  3. New Member

Ok. Point taken.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Variocam View Post
    Ok. Point taken.
    Low test is not the cause for depression.First you need to find out why you are depressed.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  240 lbs.

Im Going Though The Same Thing Bro But Im Double Your Age See If Your State Has A Place You Can Go To To Get The Help U Need But Dont Let It Get You Down I Lost Friends My Job Its Lonely Being This Way
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by silver back View Post
    Im Going Though The Same Thing Bro But Im Double Your Age See If Your State Has A Place You Can Go To To Get The Help U Need But Dont Let It Get You Down I Lost Friends My Job Its Lonely Being This Way
    Why are you so depressed? Dont you have money? Dont you have parents or brothers or sisters near by?
    Try to make new friends.
    Go out dont stay inside the room.

Only time we get depressed when we dont have money or with any physical problems.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by silver back View Post
    thanks dude im out of college and i am having trouble getting a good job, i have difficulties living at home with my immediate family, and i have feelings of failure for some reason its not rational. Its intermittant so Ill be happy for an hour and really really angry for another or really really sad.

im scheduled to see my doc in a week.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Regular, sensible exercise is the very best anti-depressant. The meds prescribed definately mess with hormones, have nasty sides and dont always work. Try to think it out, we all get down, its a part of life. Things get better.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Regular, sensible exercise is the very best anti-depressant. The meds prescribed definately mess with hormones, have nasty sides and dont always work. Try to think it out, we all get down, its a part of life. Things get better.
    yeah ive increased my workouts from 3 days to 5 days and my bench and other lifts have improved dramatically ive never been stronger at this weight but its not helping me mentally lol
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

The idea of "no solution" becomes self fullfilling. Change your concious dialog. If you need meds get them, but realize they do not enhance physical training and must be taken every day for months to have any substantial effect JMO
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

could be

could also be lack of sleep. you need at least eight hours per night. Learn your body.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    could be

could also be lack of sleep. you need at least eight hours per night. Learn your body.
    getting 9+
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Variocam View Post
    getting 9+
    Please dont take medicine for anti depressants.You will get addicted to that for longer time and there are side effects.

If you dont get your desired job then get any job for time being until you get some money.All you need initially is money (to survive). If you have difficulties staying with immediate family, you need to make some adjustments unti you save some money. Thats the only way. We have to compromise with life some times. But dont get depressed for unnecessry reasons.That will ruin our life.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.

I have suffered from major dep., so called bi-polar for over 15 years. 1st to the comment that low test doesnt cause dep. That is totaly false. Low test can play a major role on it. I know, i have taken almost every dep. med out there and was actually on 7 meds for a long time. I saw the head Dr. and all that sh!t.

One of the last things that happened was I was told that maybe the only thing they can do for me is shock therapy to the brain. Well at some point a dr. wanted to check my test and hormone levels. Bam, test was like 220. At this point I had no clue that low test can cause dep. or at least make it worse. So I started 100mg test-e weekly my numbers got to 800 and I started feeling better than I did for years. I am down to 2 meds and Dr. wants to try weening of them 1 at a time.

I just read today that when a male is having dep. issues that a dr. should ALWAYS run a simple blood test. The problem is they put you on meds so fast like they are candy and they will f u up in some cases. Dont get me wrong there are some great meds and some need them but i would request to have a blood test to rule out low test
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.

A number of hormones being off can cause depression. I suffered from depression and suffered through the shuffle of meds that did nothing for me. My Dr put me on Androgel and my depression cleared in three days!!!!!! I was like being reborn. I had low free T and my TT then was 379. A year later I've tried every type of T therapy, hoping injections would work just because they're the most convenient, but all that seems to work for me is Androgel and HCG. My Dr is against HCG mono therapy so this month I'm going to combine HCG and Androgel and go from there. A lot of people always forget one hormone and that's DHT which happens to be the reason I don't do well on injections even up to 200mg a week. DHT is a strong antidepressant and drives libido. It's role in the central nervous system is huge. Also if you try TRT don't stop if one therapy doesn't do it for you. I've been on compounded cream, compounded gel, Androgel, HCG, Adex alone, and shots. They all have a different result and feel.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5-HTP, depression, and test-e
    By teteak in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
  2. Depression
    By Stallion83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
  3. PCT depression
    By Doug8796 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4