I was doing PERFECT then had it all TAKEN AWAY...

Bungloid48

Awards
Hi guys,

I thought I could endure this but the "emotional rollercoaster" is indeed too much. I think I've had enough and can't live this way much longer.

Long story short, I was doing absolutely PERFECT on HRT (100mg T enanthate a week)

I was on it for 8 months... this is how long my prescription lasts.

I sent an enthusiastic letter to my endo indicating all the progress I made and how thankful I am and that I would like to continue the treatment long-term.

He sent me the most non-chalant BS reply I've ever gotten in the mail.

Basically, he said that as far as he is concerned, my "CK levels indicate your physical training" and that he "will not prescribe the treatment any longer"

Is this a ****ing joke? He saw those very same blood tests well before prescribing me the treatement the first time. He didn't even request any follow-up bloodwork since then. We talked on the phone one time after the first 2 months and everything seemed to be going well, now all of a sudden it's "NO CAN DO SON... **** OFF"... I never in a MILLION YEARS would have expected him to forfeit after almost a year for NO F*CKING REASON.

I feel like absolute **** right now as my levels are plumetting down. Dermacrine Alpha is what I am using right now in an attempt to stay sane but it's not doing a thing (sorry).

I scheduled an appointment with him that lands tomorrow. It's a 3 hour drive.

I am FURIOUS but I don't even have the energy to argue anymore. It took me 2 years to find someone to prescribe T (I'm 20.. its hard) and now this... I don't want to go through the whole barrage of BS once more. Can he even do this?

It is absolutely INSANE what a difference the treatment makes. While I was on, I managed to get rid of 90% of all my psychological problems including depression and anxiety totally. Now I wake up with a pounding heart and can barely make it to work. I used to be charismatic and full of life but now I just look grey and depressed. It's not even placebo because even if I try to "force" myself to be like I was not so long ago, it just doesn't work. It's just goddamn awful. It doesn't make any logical sense. There is nothing to drive my anxiety emotionally.. like I said, I just wake up with that adrenaline pounding throughout my body like I'm about to die. I don't know what to do anymore.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I thought I could endure this but the "emotional rollercoaster" is indeed too much. I think I've had enough and can't live this way much longer.

Long story short, I was doing absolutely PERFECT on HRT (100mg T enanthate a week)

I sent an enthusiastic letter to my endo indicating all the progress I made and how thankful I am and that I would like to continue the treatment long-term.

Basically, he said that as far as he is concerned, my "CK levels indicate your physical training" and that he "will not prescribe the treatment any longer"

Is this a ****ing joke? He saw those very same blood tests well before prescribing me the treatement the first time. He didn't even request any follow-up bloodwork since then. We talked on the phone one time after the first 2 months and everything seemed to be going well, now all of a sudden it's "NO CAN DO SON... **** OFF"... I never in a MILLION YEARS would have expected him to forfeit after almost a year for NO F*CKING REASON.

I feel like absolute **** right now as my levels are plumetting down. Dermacrine Alpha is what I am using right now in an attempt to stay sane but it's not doing a thing (sorry).

I am FURIOUS but I don't even have the energy to argue anymore. It took me 2 years to find someone to prescribe T (I'm 20.. its hard) and now this... I don't want to go through the whole barrage of BS once more. Can he even do this?

It is absolutely INSANE what a difference the treatment makes. While I was on, I managed to get rid of 90% of all my psychological problems including depression and anxiety totally. Now I wake up with a pounding heart and can barely make it to work. I used to be charismatic and full of life but now I just look grey and depressed. It's not even placebo because even if I try to "force" myself to be like I was not so long ago, it just doesn't work. It's just goddamn awful. It doesn't make any logical sense. There is nothing to drive my anxiety emotionally.. like I said, I just wake up with that adrenaline pounding throughout my body like I'm about to die. I don't know what to do anymore.
Do not waste your time arguing with a doctor.

Luckily you have got piece of paper from him.

Take a deep breath, collect your self, look for a lawyer.

krazy

Awards
Have you ever seen the sponsors over at Meso?

That's all I have to say...

Oh.. 'airsealed'..

That's all I have to say, too.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Do not waste your time arguing with a doctor.

Luckily you have got piece of paper from him.

Take a deep breath, collect your self, look for a lawyer.
That is an interesting thought. One that I have had but never seen mentioned. Even if the OP does not need T, taking him off of it cold turkey is malpractice.

Why arent DRs, especially the bad ones, ever held accountable?

OP hang in there and JanSZ is right, do not argue with this fool.

What state do you live in?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That is an interesting thought. One that I have had but never seen mentioned. Even if the OP does not need T, taking him off of it cold turkey is malpractice.

Why arent DRs, especially the bad ones, ever held accountable?

OP hang in there and JanSZ is right, do not argue with this fool.

What state do you live in?
What state are you from?
What where your base level before TRT if they were clincially diagnosed with low testosterone off the scales then REPORT THE MOTHER FUKER TO THE MEDICAL BOARD FOR MALPRACTICE !! I just checked your profile and it says you smoke and drink. When these behaviors are indicated I am sure there are other factors that are implied to possible indicators of causing low testosterone. Probably in your case treating the cause rather then the symptom of the problem may be your best alternative route. We do not know your entire history so that could be a huge step in identifying why you were low to begin with.
Vast majority of people that I come across that smoke have altered adrenal functions normally high cortisol levels which affect testosterone levels. So for you my freind I would consider strong chances in positive lifestyles which could help you to get your self back to balance. Before a person goes on TRT I try to correct these for 6 months and if they are not then TRT should be implemented. Adminstering a drug is only reinforcing a bad habit. Yes it made you feel better, but it also did not emphasise the need for you to stop smoking and drinking which is probably primary cause coupled with probably a child hood of slight depression.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
What does the OP training have to do with anything? IMO I would consult with an attorney. In the meantime, find a new doctor.

Document the hell out of everything, especially all the horrible things you're going through now that he's stopped your therapy.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What does the OP training have to do with anything? IMO I would consult with an attorney. In the meantime, find a new doctor.

Document the hell out of everything, especially all the horrible things you're going through now that he's stopped your therapy.
The Dr can only be accountable for if his pre TRT levels were below minimal range. Knowing how drs are when it comes to this when you do intial visit if there was any past history of psyhcological stress the dr can always fall back on that. They always find loop holes. They document stuff to cover their asses in cases like this. TRUST ME

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The Dr can only be accountable for if his pre TRT levels were below minimal range. Knowing how drs are when it comes to this when you do intial visit if there was any past history of psyhcological stress the dr can always fall back on that. They always find loop holes. They document stuff to cover their asses in cases like this. TRUST ME
HAN

Re-read Bungloid48's post #1.

He was feeling bad, had documented low T-levels.
Doctor fixed his problem and for 8 months he felt on top of the world.
Now is time for writting new scripts and his doctor refuses to continue.

I think it is rather clear situation.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
HAN

Re-read Bungloid48's post #1.

He was feeling bad, had documented low T-levels.
Doctor fixed his problem and for 8 months he felt on top of the world.
Now is time for writting new scripts and his doctor refuses to continue.

I think it is rather clear situation.

Things are never as clear as they seem. I can't imagine the doctor just did this on a whim. I too am curious what his baseline test levels were and how they evaluated them.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Things are never as clear as they seem. I can't imagine the doctor just did this on a whim. I too am curious what his baseline test levels were and how they evaluated them.
The first DR who prescribed me T did exactly that. His logic was that since my levels were normal after a few weeks on Androgel, I didnt need it any more.

And he never even thought of checking e2, PSAs, or anything else.

Yes.....it does happen.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
I just checked your profile and it says you smoke and drink.

FYI- The default for the smoking/drinking profile option is "yes/yes" if you never have filled out your profile from the original default info. Just look at mine as I have never edited it either...
I thought this was quite odd , before I realized this piece of info. ;)

anyman

Awards
  • Established
While what the Dr did is poor medicine, you likely do not have a med mal case.

First off, I agree 100% that what this Dr did was wrong on many levels. But....... the standard for malpractice is far higher and requires tangible and measurable damages. Few lawyers will take a malpractice case unless worth considerable $$. This isn't because they don't care, but because the deck is VERY heavily tilted towards the medical profession despite what the insurance propaganda tells you. Can you imagine how a jury would react?

However, and as was pointed out, give the Dr a final chance to redeem himself, line up a better one and then consider a report to the proper medical board. I say this not to discourage you, but to help you focus your time and more where it will do the most good: On healing and making progress.

Stay strong and don't give up the fight.

LMR

LMR

Awards
there are always other anti aging clinics and hormonal therapy doctors. Try online?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
there are always other anti aging clinics and hormonal therapy doctors. Try online?
Online clinics are BAD NEWS
using on line to fine a good DR is priceless.

RhunDraco

Awards
Hi guys,

Hi,

As others have said: malpractice. People tend to think that malpractice only occurs when doctors do something that messes a patient up. Well, refusing treatment, especially after positive results from some treatment, can be considered malpractice, also.

Check the BodyLogic site to see if there's a BL doc in your area, otherwise do some googling for hormone/anti-aging docs close to you.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
While what is described is malpractice, it is not "sue-able".

Hi,

As others have said: malpractice. People tend to think that malpractice only occurs when doctors do something that messes a patient up. Well, refusing treatment, especially after positive results from some treatment, can be considered malpractice, also.
Can't in the least disagree that this is very much malpractice. But, I don't see how this is actionable. Med mal cases require large and more easily quantified damages. They are so expensive to prosecute that only clear cut cases with severe and usually unfixable damages result. Fortunately, you still have other options and should be able to find a new Dr with a little effort. In the end, and not to minimize what you've gone through as I've had somewhat similar experiences, you should be able to recover and move on. In short, not all malpractice is actionable. Lawyers are sympathetic contrary to public opinion, but generally can't afford to turn dollars into dimes.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
at the least report the guy to the med board. you may not be able to get any reperations but you can def make sure he is taked care of for his negligent practices.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Can't in the least disagree that this is very much malpractice. But, I don't see how this is actionable. Med mal cases require large and more easily quantified damages. They are so expensive to prosecute that only clear cut cases with severe and usually unfixable damages result. Fortunately, you still have other options and should be able to find a new Dr with a little effort. In the end, and not to minimize what you've gone through as I've had somewhat similar experiences, you should be able to recover and move on. In short, not all malpractice is actionable. Lawyers are sympathetic contrary to public opinion, but generally can't afford to turn dollars into dimes.
That is simply not true. A good attorney could easily convince a jury that this is malpractice.

To put it bluntly, people are pissed off at DRs and most would be sympathetic to this.

I have an attorney friend who says most malpractice cases are a crap shoot meaning they can be proven in either direction.

Twenty years ago DRs told me my T was fine after I told them it wasnt. They refused to even test me and I naively believed them as this was pre internet.

You think having to go through this hell for 20 years, as I have, doesnt equate to "actionable"?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Malpractice comes in 2 forms.

Before proceeding further, recall that the original poster had about 8 months or less of BS. This is not the same as your 20 year saga. Of course, the statute of limitations is a factor Each state's can be different.

That is simply not true. A good attorney could easily convince a jury that this is malpractice.

To put it bluntly, people are pissed off at DRs and most would be sympathetic to this.

I must respectfully disagree. Malpractice comes in 2 forms: That which has enough damages to justify the enormous costs of suit and that which doesn't. Med mal cases are among the most expensive to prosecute an require experts costing many thousands of dollars. Add in even greater costs for depositions, discovery, motions, litigation and more, not to mention hundreds of man hours, as these cases are among the most hotly contested, and there is no way a law firm can justify taking on a case unless it has sufficient profit potential. Whether one can convince a jury of malpractice is one thing. Securing an award enough to justify the cost, risk and time is something else entirely. Doctors generally prevail in all but the most egregious of examples.

I have an attorney friend who says most malpractice cases are a crap shoot meaning they can be proven in either direction.

Not true. It's only a crapshoot if not properly analyzed and prepared. I venture to say I am probably at least, if not more, familiar with this topic than your friend.

Twenty years ago DRs told me my T was fine after I told them it wasnt. They refused to even test me and I naively believed them as this was pre internet.

Unfortunately, yours is a sad example of what modern medicine has become. Without the internet I too would be in the same situation.

You think having to go through this hell for 20 years, as I have, doesnt equate to "actionable"?

20 years would be, but you'd have long seen the statute of limitations expire. Don't get me wrong I am extremely sympathetic, but also well versed in this topic. When a person is the victim of MP, but fortunately catches it before the damages are too great or irreversible it is quite tough to justify the enormous costs of litigation. Sad, but true. I am the last person to let a uncaring or iincompetent SOB off the hook, but must always factor in reality. I do not want the original poster wasting time chasing lawyers when getting better should be his first concern.

Bungloid48

Awards
My only hope is the appointement I have with my P-Doc on Monday. I will go there with my father. I will explain everything and hope he can prescribe me the treatement instead. He is very open-minded and has been following my case since the beginning. He offered to prescribe the T right from the get-go 8 months ago but I said Id feel more comfortable with an endo (BIG MISTAKE).

I am waiting patiently... I broke down a couple of times already. its insane

I have absolutely zero emotional stability right now and Im barely hanging in there. There are no words to describe it.
I dont even have the energy to persue litigation.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I most strongly suggest you seek one of the acknowledged leaders in this field.

My only hope is the appointement I have with my P-Doc on Monday. I will go there with my father. I will explain everything and hope he can prescribe me the treatement instead. He is very open-minded and has been following my case since the beginning. He offered to prescribe the T right from the get-go 8 months ago but I said Id feel more comfortable with an endo (BIG MISTAKE).

I have absolutely zero emotional stability right now and Im barely hanging in there. There are no words to describe it.
You need to see Dr Shippen, Dr Crisler or other leader, even that costs you. Contact "The Matrix" here for more info- he has helped me and then some. You are too damned young to risk a lifetime of dependence without seeing what went wrong and what might still be fixable. Find the source, if possible and fix it. You owe it to yourself, cost be damned.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I feel for you.
I was a crying baby when my testosterone was low.
The SOB I went to told me that I am old, it is to be expected.
Big bs.

Just get enough testosterone and make sure that you stay at high T levels for at least 6-9 months.
Do not worry much about erections, having mental stability is a reason enough to fight for good level of testosterone.
There is a long list of benefits of having testosterone and others at the desirable levels.

I am 68yo.
Show this to your father, that should give him idea of what you are going thru.
If you need details, ask or look thru my posts.

joe143

Awards
I feel for you.
I was a crying baby when my testosterone was low.
The SOB I went to told me that I am old, it is to be expected.
Big bs.

Just get enough testosterone and make sure that you stay at high T levels for at least 6-9 months.
Do not worry much about erections, having mental stability is a reason enough to fight for good level of testosterone.
There is a long list of benefits of having testosterone and others at the desirable levels.

I am 68yo.
Show this to your father, that should give him idea of what you are going thru.
If you need details, ask or look thru my posts.
I agree with Jansz, get back on Testosterone and get emotions normal. I know what your going through,i know the feeling. It will get better. Explain your situation to the doctor, they should help out.Tell them what you were on before and how you felt. Once your feeling better, you can pursue a root cause, if there is one. Sometimes theres just no reason. But get your levels back up for now. In the long run you will be best off seeing an expert aas mentioned above.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I have absolutely zero emotional stability right now and Im barely hanging in there. There are no words to describe it. I dont even have the energy to persue litigation.
I didnt mean now....not by any means. I just think there should be more of a culture of accountability.

I am truly sorry you are feeling bad, but you seem smart enough to recognize that these problems are not "you" they are simply due, probably, to low T.

You are also lucky to have your father's support. My parents told me I was lazy, unmotivated and just saying I was sick in some attempt to get money. Then the DRs said basically the same thing. Family support is very important.

You also have us, people who have been there and survived to offer support.

Hang in there....you will be better in a few months.

Bungloid48

Awards
Here is the letter that I got from him (translated from french).

Luckily I have an excellent p-doc. I have an appointment with him tomorrow and I have been praying he'll understand this as he has understood many things in the past.

Anyway:

(from the endo that ceased my treatement)
"I ask that you forward your recent reflection to doctor XYZ (not my p-doc, another one that I don't like). If testosterone makes you feel that well, in association with an antidepressant, ritalin, cannabis, he can prescribe you the hormone testosterone.

As far as I'm concerned, your high CK levels suggest broken muscle fibers associated with your physical training.

Thus, I will not renew your prescription for testosterone also given your age and fertility levels"

I can refute each and every one of those points. I do not know why he mentions antidepressants, ritalin and CANNABIS? WTF? I do not take any of those.

I already told him I had my fertility levels checked and they came out fine during treatment. He knew everything was going fine. My only guess is he thinks I'm a drug using athlete or something since I have good physical form from disciplined training. But having NOTHING to do with any of this!

I also asked him to specifically tell me what bad it was doing my body to be having treatment at this age if I really am deficient? He never answered. I had lots of bloodwork done prior to getting treatement and even then I had to convince the endo.

So I am going to go see my p-doc tomorrow and show him the letter and try my best to explain what happened. The only issue is he might buy the BS the endo wrote and side with him for whatever legal reasons. My father has been tracking my whole situation since the beginning (he is very supportive) and last week I just broke out in tears when I was feeling my lowest, thinking about what a relief it would be to just off myself. He said he'd come with me this time.

EVERYTHING got better on T there is no way it can have a bad effect on my "development" I was already an adult and doing better than most adults I didn't want anything else. I had my mental health. And from there I was able to build myself an incredible life.

It is so out of character for me to behave this weakly. I live in shame every day. What I used to be and feel like seems like a distant dream.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it seems to me what the doctor is stating is he is willing to send you to a doctor on the take... or maybe not? maybe this is a legit doctor, regardless the letter is stating that this doctor will prescribe you what ever your willing to pay for to make you feel better but he(the doctor writing the letter) will not.

I would take this letter of rec to the doctor XYZ and get your test, and if your so inclined some cannabis, lol J/k that will likely be counter productive to your current mental state.

But try it out if your pdoc cant or wont help... sounds like this doc is giving you a way to get what you want.

mr b

Awards
Try some of the anti-aging clinics. Do a google search

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, your problem is you are at an endo. Find an anti-aging facility. You have the bloodwork. They cannot deny it from you. If there are no Anti-Aging clinics near you, find a D.O., not an MD. Usually they are just family doctors. It was say Dr. Whatever, D.O. instead of Dr. Whatever, M.D. . These doctors will not send you to an endo, but handle it all themselves.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, your problem is you are at an endo. Find an anti-aging facility. You have the bloodwork. They cannot deny it from you. If there are no Anti-Aging clinics near you, find a D.O., not an MD. Usually they are just family doctors. It was say Dr. Whatever, D.O. instead of Dr. Whatever, M.D. . These doctors will not send you to an endo, but handle it all themselves.
will this even make a difference... hes 20 sumthin... will they accept him even with test results at an anti aging clinic?

Do they have those clinics in the UK as well?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
will this even make a difference... hes 20 sumthin... will they accept him even with test results at an anti aging clinic?

Do they have those clinics in the UK as well?
I started TRT at 19 through my DO. Blood tests of low test cannot be denied. Anti-Aging clinics may turn you away, a good family physician cannot.

monomer

Awards
I started TRT at 19 through my DO. Blood tests of low test cannot be denied. Anti-Aging clinics may turn you away, a good family physician cannot.
Technically, a physician can turn someone away for most any reason. They aren't required to accept any particular patient. They certainly aren't going to administer TRT to someone they feel doesn't need it.

No offense intended to the OP, but it doesn't make sense that the Dr. would drop him for no reason. We are hearing his side of the story, not the Dr's. I hope he can find a new Dr. and get this straightened out.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Technically, a physician can turn someone away for most any reason. They aren't required to accept any particular patient. They certainly aren't going to administer TRT to someone they feel doesn't need it.

No offense intended to the OP, but it doesn't make sense that the Dr. would drop him for no reason. We are hearing his side of the story, not the Dr's. I hope he can find a new Dr. and get this straightened out.
I guess this is true. I knew since i was a teen i would have to be on TRT, ever male on one side of my family is on it. **** i couldnt even start peuberty without it.