Long term use of Arimidex... good or bad?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

Long term use of Arimidex... good or bad?

I'm on HRT/TRT, 5g Androgel daily + 250iu hCG E3D... this regime for about 2 months now. Getting very bloated and puffy nips.

What are the long term effects of using low dose Arimidex? Is it safe? What about other AIs or SERMs?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

They all have sides......... do your research.

Heres a bit for ya.

http://www.arimidex.com/arimidex-abo...e-effects.aspx

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...&name=ARIMIDEX

http://www.farrellmanual.com/drugs/arimidex.htm

Alot of studies will be for females...........duh......... . but just search I am sure you can find plenty of info out there in the internets.........lol
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    They all have sides......... do your research.

Heres a bit for ya.

Possible side effects for breast cancer patients using ARIMIDEX

ARIMIDEX: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments

Arimidex and its possible indications for hair loss for men

Alot of studies will be for females...........duh......... . but just search I am sure you can find plenty of info out there in the internets.........lol

I came across the same stuff basically, lol. Lot's of literature for females. Also, a lot of it seemed like "common side effects" for when you start using the medicine. I'm more interested in long term use: years, decades... in males... I couldn't really find much. And I won't be stopping HRT/TRT anytime soon, need to get over the estrogen issue.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaMan View Post
    I came across the same stuff basically, lol. Lot's of literature for females. Also, a lot of it seemed like "common side effects" for when you start using the medicine. I'm more interested in long term use: years, decades... in males... I couldn't really find much. And I won't be stopping HRT/TRT anytime soon, need to get over the estrogen issue.

Good luck bro.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

bumpified
  6. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I imagine it could funk up your lipid profile if ran for too long
  7. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Def will haVE lipid issues.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

What about liver and/or cancer?

Also, I read something like high doses can cause estrogen receptors to become highly sensitive, so if you stop Arimidex cold turkey... well use your imagination on what's going to happen...
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Arimidex long term

I'm on HRT/TRT, 5g Androgel daily + 250iu hCG E3D... this regime for about 2 months now. Getting very bloated and puffy nips.

What are the long term effects of using low dose Arimidex? Is it safe? What about other AIs or SERMs?
    You've only been on TRT for 2 months, you MAY NOT need Arimidex... You should only start taking it if after 3 to 6 months your estradiol levels are too hign (over 40 probably). I am a member of a TRT forum on Yahoo and many guys there have taken the stuff for 7 to 10 years so far... but TRT is only about 15 years old for men, so long term data is rare or non existant.

Most of the guys guage their E2 levels based on night and morning wood. E2 has to be well balanced in order for you to get any. Too high OR too low and you got a floppy at best.

Many of the guys just take DIM when they need to lower their levels. If levels get too low, then they have to basically stop the DIM and wait.

You might consider looking into the group...Hypogonadism2 in the yahoo groups.

(PS I've been on androgel for 14 months now and don't take an e2 inhibitor. My last tests put e2 at 38.6 so I started taking DIM twice a day.)
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu62 View Post
    You've only been on TRT for 2 months, you MAY NOT need Arimidex... You should only start taking it if after 3 to 6 months your estradiol levels are too hign (over 40 probably). I am a member of a TRT forum on Yahoo and many guys there have taken the stuff for 7 to 10 years so far... but TRT is only about 15 years old for men, so long term data is rare or non existant.

Most of the guys guage their E2 levels based on night and morning wood. E2 has to be well balanced in order for you to get any. Too high OR too low and you got a floppy at best.

Many of the guys just take DIM when they need to lower their levels. If levels get too low, then they have to basically stop the DIM and wait.

You might consider looking into the group...Hypogonadism2 in the yahoo groups.

(PS I've been on androgel for 14 months now and don't take an e2 inhibitor. My last tests put e2 at 38.6 so I started taking DIM twice a day.)
    Sorry I should have been clearer, I've been at the current doses I described for 2 months, but I've been on TRT for around 5 months.

I have bad bloating and puffy nips on TRT and I've only gotten morning wood once in the last 4 years, and that was after I loaded up on ZMA for the first time.. but that didn't happen again.

I've been trying to get both my endos to check E2 but they said theres no point and for just to lower the Androgel dose.

I'm going to look into DIM...
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

Is there some way you can get an E2 test done on your own without going through a doctor? I'm willing to pay out of pocket because I'm sure insurance won't cover that...
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Is there some way you can get an E2 test done on your own without going through a doctor? I'm willing to pay out of pocket because I'm sure insurance won't cover that...
    I get all my tests covered by insurance. Including e2.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com has both a normal and sensitive test at $49, and $79 and a full hormone panel at $299.

Check the yahoo group, there are several guys there that also order their tests on line or through Quest directly.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Sorry I should have been clearer, I've been at the current doses I described for 2 months, but I've been on TRT for around 5 months.

I have bad bloating and puffy nips on TRT and I've only gotten morning wood once in the last 4 years, and that was after I loaded up on ZMA for the first time.. but that didn't happen again.

I've been trying to get both my endos to check E2 but they said theres no point and for just to lower the Androgel dose.

I'm going to look into DIM...
    Lowering the gel will not necessarily lead to lower e2. Also it is a case of the ratio of e2 to t that can be at issue.

I would suggest you consider a new endo... One that has a clue would be a good first choice.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

I get all my tests covered by insurance. Including e2.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com has both a normal and sensitive test at $49, and $79 and a full hormone panel at $299.

Check the yahoo group, there are several guys there that also order their tests on line or through Quest directly.
    Klaatu, you mean you get them covered by your insurance even if your doctor didn't order it? Or you mean you just get the actual lab test at LabCorps/Quest covered with the insurance, but pay for the online script...?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90%

Lowering the gel will not necessarily lead to lower e2. Also it is a case of the ratio of e2 to t that can be at issue.

I would suggest you consider a new endo... One that has a clue would be a good first choice.
    I've gone to two endo's, and both don't seem to know jack about anything. I don't know how to find a good endo, I don't think I can afford to fly out to see Dr Crisler or Dr Siphen (or what that his name?).

Well, one of my endos at least was smart enough to find the pituitary adenoma (tumor), but it's not secretory so no prolactin issues, and so it may not be the cause of my low T after all... I also have a varicocele on the left size but all docs: 1) urologist, 2) endo #1, 3) endo #2, 4) primary care doctor, say that varicoceles do not affect testosterone.

I do think that my balls are just fine however. My sperm count was low-normal. I've taken matters into my own hands at least as far as hCG goes, and taking a low dose (250iu) every 3 days as recommended in Dr. Crisler's articles. They haven't shrunken since I started TRT 5 months ago.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

I do think that my balls are just fine however. My sperm count was low-normal. I've taken matters into my own hands at least as far as hCG goes, and taking a low dose (250iu) every 3 days as recommended in Dr. Crisler's articles. They haven't shrunken since I started TRT 5 months ago.
    I've been lucky.. No hCG and no shrinkage yet after a year.

The doc I have put me on a high dose of Androgel (15g/day) but I only use 5g and stockpile the rest at the moment. It may come in handy some day if I need it. In the meantime I have a 6 month supply allready built up. I can always cycle it in when I get back to the gym next month, but I will have to watch my HCT levels. For now the doc sees that my Total T is good based on what I have been given and I don't want to mess with that. I can always get hCT and an anti-E on the side
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Klaatu, you mean you get them covered by your insurance even if your doctor didn't order it? Or you mean you just get the actual lab test at LabCorps/Quest covered with the insurance, but pay for the online script...?
    My doctor bothers to order it because I told her what to look at. She agreed and said fine. I'm her only patient doing TRT and her prescription was based on what I got in a clinical trial. But during the trial, everyone got the same amount of gel, but it could have been partially or totally a placebos. Also I believe the Androgel inserts say to test a full hormone panel as well as a CBC at 3, 6, and 12 months, and then every 12 after.

Check a lab online called www.lef.org I just saw that come up on the other group...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nolvadex side effects short term/long term
    By titstatus in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 11:11 PM
  2. Long term HCG 19 year old
    By bad123456789 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:45 AM
  3. Long Term AI Use
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35