Advice for those with low Testosterone

Kingston pt

Awards
Just my opinion, but I think it is important to be careful with any physical activity if you have had low T for a year or more. I have noticed low T has weakened my body/muscles and probably my tendons and ligaments. I think this makes it easier to get injured while doing any physical activity ex. heavy lifting, sports, other. Injuries suck and can have lasting effect. They also usually weaken the area and have a tendancy to happen again. While have low T be on gaurd when doing physical activity or don't do. I think especially sports with contact, or heavy lifting, all physical activity.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree. Although with me I think it was low thyroid that got me.

I have been telling DRs for about two years that I could feel my back compressing and I felt it was due to very low energy due to thyroid hormone deficiency. They ignored me.

In the end of June my back went out and a subsequent MRI indicated I have 5 compressed discs, a tear, and sciatia.

Our muscles support out back as much as our back supports itself.

The resulting pain and lack of treatment due to DRs telling me I was "fine" left my mind cloudy and completely out of it for seven weeks. I still feel like a zombie and I think it was my mind's self protective reaction to the most excruciating and long lasting pain I have ever endured.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have had low test, and I used to have longterm back pains and a lot of tension... but somehow it's disappeared since I started working out on a serious schedule..even though I still had low-normal test at the time..

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Just my opinion, but I think it is important to be careful with any physical activity if you have had low T for a year or more. I have noticed low T has weakened my body/muscles and probably my tendons and ligaments. I think this makes it easier to get injured while doing any physical activity ex. heavy lifting, sports, other. Injuries suck and can have lasting effect. They also usually weaken the area and have a tendancy to happen again. While have low T be on gaurd when doing physical activity or don't do. I think especially sports with contact, or heavy lifting, all physical activity.
How low are you? Are you outside of the range?Have you seen your doctor?

As for heavy physical work, weight training especially on large muscle groups is said to increase testosterone and any weight bearing exercise will strengthen bones.you shouldnt be making low test as an excuse not to do any exercise(physical activity).The body since evolution began thrives on exercise -you shouldnt be using your ailment as an excuse to wrap yourself in cotton wool.

DMAC10

DMAC10

Awards
I have had low test for about 3 years.

Finally got my Andro Gel doseages ligned out, and I'm in the best condition for me since my twenties. I play as many sports as my knee allows me.

The only drawback for me is I have to be very carefull about exhausting my body too much, if I do I will catch a cold almost immediately. As long as I pace myself, most of the time I am fine.

Been lifting for about 2 years, the first year was all about learning what the heck I was doing, the last year has been more organized, My strength is improveing and my overall body shape is as well. You just have to be patient when you have low test, you can't train like a normal person and you really need all the supporting supplements to keep you healthy.

So never give up, always strive too improve yourself.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How low are you? Are you outside of the range?Have you seen your doctor?

As for heavy physical work, weight training especially on large muscle groups is said to increase testosterone and any weight bearing exercise will strengthen bones.you shouldnt be making low test as an excuse not to do any exercise(physical activity).The body since evolution began thrives on exercise -you shouldnt be using your ailment as an excuse to wrap yourself in cotton wool.

I completely agree with this. I started feeling better when I started a workout routine. Actually, starting to workout is what led me to get proper bloodwork and start to live more healthy and care more about my health.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have had low test for about 3 years.

Finally got my Andro Gel doseages ligned out, and I'm in the best condition for me since my twenties. I play as many sports as my knee allows me.

The only drawback for me is I have to be very carefull about exhausting my body too much, if I do I will catch a cold almost immediately. As long as I pace myself, most of the time I am fine.
Been lifting for about 2 years, the first year was all about learning what the heck I was doing, the last year has been more organized, My strength is improveing and my overall body shape is as well. You just have to be patient when you have low test, you can't train like a normal person and you really need all the supporting supplements to keep you healthy.

So never give up, always strive too improve yourself.
Check your adrenals and thyroid.
Possible all what you may need is a good combination of
Cortef and Armour Thyroid.

DMAC10

DMAC10

Awards
Check your adrenals and thyroid.
Possible all what you may need is a good combination of
Cortef and Armour Thyroid.
So I guess I need to got to the doctor to have these checked. It looks like both items have to be prescribed??

I'll have to do this at my next check up. It never hurts to see. Thanks.

Kingston pt

Awards
I do work out it is just a suggestion. I just think low T can make people more injury prone from real physical sports or work. I think if low T men are aware they can be more careful and prevent bad injuries. I really think it makes since. Low T causes loss of muscle mass, which means not as strong and more likely to get hurt. Muscle keeps our bones and joints in place.

Kingston pt

Awards
I bet if study done, Low T men who are physically active ex football, wrestling, etc get more injuries than men with normal T.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Probably, I don't doubt it...but I bet if another study were done.. people who are inactive are more succesptible to serious injury vs either active groups.

I would still keep active within reason regardless of T levels (just listen to your body and know when enough is enough - don't overtrain nor overdo things). Being active is necessary for a healthy lifestyle. As long as you give yourself enough time for rest and recouperation, things will be fine.

I had low-normal T for a while (340-375) and had a serious training schedule for over a year with close to no injuries, also gained muscle over time but just not very quickly after the first 5-6 months of starting to train. Felt much better while training than I previously did, and only injured myself once which just put me out of commission for 1 week that's all. It was from improper form during bent over rows doing a PR at a very high weight. My bad and preventable.