Emergency Room- will they perform varicocele surgery at the hospital?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    Emergency Room- will they perform varicocele surgery at the hospital?


    I am on my fourth day taking Levaquin tommorrow and no signs of actual or significant improvement on my low hanging swollen balls. I am almost 100% sure that it is my varicocele causing these symptoms, and not the so called epididymidus or prostatitis. It is hurting on both sides now. Ibuprofen 600mg and Levaquin did not seem to have much of an effect. Tommorrow I plan to go to the E.R...I just cant wait two more weeks of this pain...does anyone know if they (hospital) will perform surgery the same day I go in, or will I have to once again wait for a long time? My whole month of walking abnormally is driving me nuts.

    -Can I also demand an ultrasound right away since the pain is so bad??? I know darkblue1 said they will perform an ultrasound...how do I make sure they will do it for sure..instead of just giving me more useless expensive meds?

    -Is it also advisable to tell them that I have already been mis-diagnosed three times and demand a complete full scan whether it be a CAT scan to see the real problem?

    I know I have been posting a lot lately, sorry about this and all the questions, I wish I didn't have to go through this to begin with

  2. New Member
    K1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    93.93%

    I went to the ER last week and they did an Ultrasound

    And I dont know if anyone in the ER would be able to do the surgery, youd probably need a Urologist who specializes in that
  3. New Member
    darkblue1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.17%

    Usually They do an UltraSound in ER, If they wont you can request them. If its emergency for surgery they will try to get a specialist ,otherwise you have to go throu your urologist in your network. Varicocele surgery is not emergency surgery for urologists.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    492
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    32.73%

    Even tho mine was hurting pretty bad, they cancelled me twice by calling the night before!! They said the equipment is used for heart patients and that takes priority (for embolization).
  5. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    I just came back from the E.R, they gave me an ultrasound and concluded that it was a varicocele there...primarily on the left side....so all this epididymus /prostatitis shyt was BS from the start...but they didnt't give a shyt about how I was going to deal with it....the physician was a joke, there wasn't even a urologist, he was just like.."yeah these things usually don't get fixed surgically" I was like uhhhhh? Then the radiologist came and looked at the picture and just told me to contact my urologist and see if I can get an earlier appointmnet. I called my urologist and their mean-rude secretaries are asking for proof to say that E.R recommends me seeing an earlier appointment. What is really ****ed up is that my urologist appointment was supposed to be today, and they just decided to cancel it until two weeks later.

    I really hate doctors in general now...f**k all the urologists ...they treat us patient's symptoms like a f**king guessing game...4 different doctors in one month with 4 different diagnosis.
  6. New Member
    darkblue1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    I just came back from the E.R, they gave me an ultrasound and concluded that it was a varicocele there...primarily on the left side....so all this epididymus /prostatitis shyt was BS from the start...but they didnt't give a shyt about how I was going to deal with it....the physician was a joke, there wasn't even a urologist, he was just like.."yeah these things usually don't get fixed surgically" I was like uhhhhh? Then the radiologist came and looked at the picture and just told me to contact my urologist and see if I can get an earlier appointmnet. I called my urologist and their mean-rude secretaries are asking for proof to say that E.R recommends me seeing an earlier appointment. What is really ****ed up is that my urologist appointment was supposed to be today, and they just decided to cancel it until two weeks later.

    I really hate doctors in general now...f**k all the urologists ...they treat us patient's symptoms like a f**king guessing game...4 different doctors in one month with 4 different diagnosis.
    Did they say which grade the varicocele is i mean how large
    Get another urologist.. try to get in contact with nurse for that urlogist and say that you are having pain in scrotum and need to be seen as soon as possible. They may give you appointment in 3 -5 days.
    Last edited by darkblue1; 08-15-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: changed
  7. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    no they said...oh size doesnt matter..i asked them 2 tiems how big it was they didnt give me an answer...
  8. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    nurses/doctors usualyl dont care how much pain you are in...they jus say..'YOU CANT WAIT TWO WEEKS?'

    too much pain? go to e.r, and they'll jus tell you to go back to urologist...how f**kin sad.
  9. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    ahh i can't wait another 5 days..my right side varicocele is swelling up pretty bad too now....does any advise going back to the e.r again? my appointment is next wednesday now...im not sure if i can do that...WILL E.R usually do anything? they didnt do sh*t today except ultrasound, and a urologist wasnt even there...its swelling up pretty bad...omfg....what should i do??? how would they treat me? i dont wanna go in if they are just gonna give me some f*ckin iboprofen.
  10. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    nurses/doctors usualyl dont care how much pain you are in...they jus say..'YOU CANT WAIT TWO WEEKS?'

    too much pain? go to e.r, and they'll jus tell you to go back to urologist...how f**kin sad.
    You're an ignorant moron! You obviously don't have a damn clue about the healthcare system, or how it works based on your response.

    I've been an Emergency Room nurse for over 8 years..........You may have HAD a bad experience, however don't "generalize" all nurses/doctors in that fashion. I think many people such as yourself don't understand the definiton of an "Emergency", or "Triage" based on your childish and uneducated response.

    The next time you want to make a completely retarded comment like this, do us ALL a favor and save your breath jackazz!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  11. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    i was talking about doctors (urologists)...they dont give a shyt if you're in pain. I told them I went to the E.R and needed to see a urologist right away...and all they did was hesitate and didnt even bother changing my appointment.

    Also I didn't generalize, I said doctors/nurses "USUALLY" dont give a shyt..so maybe you need to reread.

    I dont know whats emergency? In my definition, emergency is when your in so much pain you need immediate attention. I didn't even get to see a urologist at the E.R to begin with. They just told me to call back and "try" to make an earlier appointment. They didnt even bother notifying a urologist in the hospital.

    Also, my first time at the E.R they already misdiagnosed me without even bothering to do a urine sample and he literally talked to me for less 10 minutes and right off the bat he claimed he knew what it was.

    So based on MY EXPERIENCE i believe i have every right to say doctors and nurses "usually" dont give a crap or they dont know what they are doing.
  12. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    i was talking about doctors (urologists)...they dont give a shyt if you're in pain. I told them I went to the E.R and needed to see a urologist right away...and all they did was hesitate and didnt even bother changing my appointment.

    Also I didn't generalize, I said doctors/nurses "USUALLY" dont give a shyt..so maybe you need to reread.

    I dont know whats emergency? In my definition, emergency is when your in so much pain you need immediate attention. I didn't even get to see a urologist at the E.R to begin with. They just told me to call back and "try" to make an earlier appointment. They didnt even bother notifying a urologist in the hospital.

    Also, my first time at the E.R they already misdiagnosed me without even bothering to do a urine sample and he literally talked to me for less 10 minutes and right off the bat he claimed he knew what it was.

    So based on MY EXPERIENCE i believe i have every right to say doctors and nurses "usually" dont give a crap or they dont know what they are doing.
    You look like nothing but a fool with what you've just posted. Your defintion of an "Emergency" supports that arguement all the better. Not to mention when you stated that they didnt' "Change your appointment" hahaha. My god, are you kidding me? You are REFERRED to a specialist, and it's YOUR responsibility to follow up with that doctor for something that IS NOT DETERMINED TO BE AN EMERGENCY. I see bullsh*t like this all the time. It's people like YOU that give healthcare a bad name. This is ALL stemed from you COMPLETE lack of knowledge of the system.


    How about the "Certified and Licensed" practitioner will determine whether your "Pain" or "Condition" is an emergency. Get a clue there buddy.


    I'll save my breath from even interjecting the majority of this pathetic response in general, however i especially love how you go on saying that you have every right to say that nurses/doctors don't know what they're doing HAHA! My bachelors degree, certified emergency nurse certification, ACLS, PALS, ENPC, and TNCC say i do though. If you have a problem with someone in specific, then state that. You very much "generalized" a statment encased within a VERY feeble rebuttle.

    You're right though..... you're entitled to your "opinion" , however one day when you grow up, you'll understand what HEALTHCARE IS, AND WHAT AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY IS.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 08-16-2008 at 03:10 AM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I've never negged anyone on this board to date, nor do i really believe in the system in general. However, you've renewed my interest!

    I can assure you that you more than DESERVE what you've acquired here. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Trauma1; 08-16-2008 at 03:55 AM.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  14. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow..... just..... wow.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  15. New Member
    darkblue1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I've never negged anyone on this board to date, nor do i really believe in the system in general. However, you've renewed my interest!

    I can assure you that you more than DESERVE what you've acquired here. Enjoy!

    This guy is in pain and he dont know where to go and what to do. The final attempt he made was to go to ER. Invain he could not get rid of his pain. Dont blame this guy for his comments . Those comments are not coming from heart, they are coming because of severe pain he is suffering from.Emergency may have several definitions according to doctors. Emergency may have several definitions according to patients. There are 3 diff types major emergency ,minor emergency and minor emergency. When I went for my lower abdominal pain to ER, they allowed me inot the room after waiting for 5 hors, because they thought mine is not emergency. But according to me it is emergency. And they could not diagnose what is exact problem even after urine,blood test and UT. They gave me acetaminofin tablets. usually patients want to get rid of their pain immediately,because they never experienced it before. There was one patient waiting in ER ,she was crying because of severe pain in her knee. Even after one hour she was not allowed to enter into room.finally she left . Its emergency for her but not to the doctors or nurses over there. In some other countries , health care system is not like this. You can directly go and get the treatment immediately .If they need surgery,they get it next day or couple of days later immediately. But here in US, if not emergency ,you need to wait for few weeks to get appointment.
  16. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    You're an ignorant moron! You obviously don't have a damn clue about the healthcare system, or how it works based on your response.

    I've been an Emergency Room nurse for over 8 years..........You may have HAD a bad experience, however don't "generalize" all nurses/doctors in that fashion. I think many people such as yourself don't understand the definiton of an "Emergency", or "Triage" based on your childish and uneducated response.

    The next time you want to make a completely retarded comment like this, do us ALL a favor and save your breath jackazz!
    I hope I newer need help from you or someone like minded.
    .
    .
  17. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    This guy is in pain and he dont know where to go and what to do. The final attempt he made was to go to ER. Invain he could not get rid of his pain. Dont blame this guy for his comments . Those comments are not coming from heart, they are coming because of severe pain he is suffering from.Emergency may have several definitions according to doctors. Emergency may have several definitions according to patients. There are 3 diff types major emergency ,minor emergency and minor emergency. When I went for my lower abdominal pain to ER, they allowed me inot the room after waiting for 5 hors, because they thought mine is not emergency. But according to me it is emergency. And they could not diagnose what is exact problem even after urine,blood test and UT. They gave me acetaminofin tablets. usually patients want to get rid of their pain immediately,because they never experienced it before. There was one patient waiting in ER ,she was crying because of severe pain in her knee. Even after one hour she was not allowed to enter into room.finally she left . Its emergency for her but not to the doctors or nurses over there. In some other countries , health care system is not like this. You can directly go and get the treatment immediately .If they need surgery,they get it next day or couple of days later immediately. But here in US, if not emergency ,you need to wait for few weeks to get appointment.
    WOW!! - Did you even read his above posts? If you did, then you clearly failed to comprehend the intended statements.

    The above highlighted statements are just unreal...... Her is the definition of EMERGENCY MEDICINE:

    Main Entry: emergency medicine
    Function: noun
    Date: 1966
    : a medical specialty concerned with the care and treatment of acutely ill or injured patients who need immediate medical attention.

    Everyone that walks through the door gets screened for anything that is deemed A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. This is why we utilize the 5 Tier triage system:

    Main Entry: tri·age
    Pronunciation: \trē-ˈäzh, ˈtrē-ˌ\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, sorting, sifting, from trier to sort, from Old French — more at try
    Date: 1918
    1: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors b: the sorting of patients (as in an emergency room) according to the urgency of their need for care.

    If a person is determined to have a "medical emergency", it is addressed, and the appropriate actions are taken whatever they may be. The emergency room is designed to care and treat MEDICAL EMERGENCIES as their primary concern. The purpose of your primary doctor is to care for your health/medical issues that are NOT an emergency.That is why they're there!!!!!!

    However, the E.R. is abused because people such as this fool above are COMPLETELY ignorant to the healthcare system in this country.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  18. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I hope I newer need help from you or someone like minded.
    .
    .
    I hope you can also grasp the concept and intention of what an "Emergency Room" is!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I hope you can also grasp the concept and intention of what an "Emergency Room" is!




    This is what sick person can expect from trained emergency room profesional (with lots of diplomas). Shame, but unfortunately true.
  20. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post



    This is what sick person can expect from trained emergency room profesional (with lots of diplomas). Shame, but unfortunately true.
    LOL - You're one of the clueless sheep aren't you......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  21. Senior Member
    bassgod272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    1284
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    WOW, I don't even know where to begin with this entire thread and the bunch of morons that posted in it(aside from DAdams and Trauma.) You people need to learn how the health care system actually works. Doctors and nurses DO care how much pain you're in, however, when there is a TRUE medical emergency, such as possibly fatal gunshot wounds, DEEP lacerations to the neck, 3rd degree burn victims who barely are still alive, etc, NON-medical emergencies such as a variocele, are put behind them. What he needs to do if he wants temporary pain relief is go to his local URGENT CARE. NOT the ER, because it is NOT a medical emergency regardless of what any idiot here thinks. Urgent care will examine him, give him a diagnosis, prescribe pain medication, and tell him to go to a specialist who can actually help. There are steps in the prcoess, it's(ER) not a goddamn in-and-out burger.
  22. Senior Member
    bassgod272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    1284
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    "Patient leaflets from the BMJ Group"

    "Varicocele

    A varicocele is a soft lump in your testicles caused by swollen veins. It's usually harmless, although you might not like how it looks. But some doctors think that a varicocele could make it harder for you to have children.

    What is a varicocele?
    A varicocele happens if some of the veins in your testicles swell up with blood. It's a bit like having varicose veins in your testicles. About 1 in 7 men and teenage boys get a varicocele.

    What are the symptoms?
    The swelling is normally at the top of your scrotum. Because a varicocele is caused by swollen veins, it can feel like a bunch of tubes. Some men say it feels like a 'bag of worms'. A varicocele almost always affects the left testicle, but you can get it on the right side or even on both. Some doctors think that having a varicocele makes it harder to have children, but there hasn't been enough research to be certain. Some men with a varicocele get pain or an ache in their testicles. You should always see a doctor if you find a lump or swelling in your testicles. It could
    be cancer. Cancer of the testicles is rare, but it's best to check just in case.

    What treatments work?
    There are several types of operation that can get rid of a varicocele. But although surgery can get rid of the swelling, there hasn't been enough research to say whether it will help
    with pain or make it easier for you to father children. But you can talk to your doctor if you'd like to have treatment. If you're having problems fathering children, your doctor will probably also refer you to a specialist. They'll be able to tell you about the pros and cons of having an operation. The final decision will be up to you."
  23. Senior Member
    bassgod272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    1284
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Also I didn't generalize, I said doctors/nurses "USUALLY" dont give a shyt..so maybe you need to reread. I dont know whats emergency? In my definition, emergency is when your in so much pain you need immediate attention. So based on MY EXPERIENCE i believe i have every right to say doctors and nurses "usually" dont give a crap or they dont know what they are doing.
    Let's start with statement #1: You DID generalize. Doctors/Nurses is a generalization. You would NOT be generalizing if you said "Dr. Smith" or "Nurse Betty" USUALLY don't give a shyt. Statement Number 2: NO, you do NOT know what a TRUE medical emergency is. Your definition is incorrect. If your definition WAS correct, then everyone and their brother would have a SERIOUS MEDICAL EMERGENCY due to shoulder pain, knee pain, etc. THEN the people who are RUSHED into the ER who are BLEEDING TO DEATH and/or DYING would not be FIRST priority. I'm glad you have no say what so ever in how our health care system works, or we'd all be screwed. Statement Number 3: You do NOT have ANY right to say that doctors/nurses don't give a crap. Do you think that a doctor/nurse chose that profession because they don't like helping people and don't "give a crap" about them? WOW. You must have an extremely high IQ of 4.
  24. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    Let's start with statement #1: You DID generalize. Doctors/Nurses is a generalization. You would NOT be generalizing if you said "Dr. Smith" or "Nurse Betty" USUALLY don't give a shyt. Statement Number 2: NO, you do NOT know what a TRUE medical emergency is. Your definition is incorrect. If your definition WAS correct, then everyone and their brother would have a SERIOUS MEDICAL EMERGENCY due to shoulder pain, knee pain, etc. THEN the people who are RUSHED into the ER who are BLEEDING TO DEATH and/or DYING would not be FIRST priority. I'm glad you have no say what so ever in how our health care system works, or we'd all be screwed. Statement Number 3: You do NOT have ANY right to say that doctors/nurses don't give a crap. Do you think that a doctor/nurse chose that profession because they don't like helping people and don't "give a crap" about them? WOW. You must have an extremely high IQ of 4.
    First off, hands down, I admit I am nowhere close to your intellectual level if that makes you feel any better. When I went to the E.R with the authorization of my np, I didn't even know what problem I had since they diagnosed me with 3 different things to begin with, and I was in severe pain. In the end is it really right for nurses/doctors to determine what is considered as an emergency or not? So patients have no say? What if one had gotten testicular torsion that results in extreme pain which is similar to the symptoms that I had, which is considered as a medical emergency? I assume with trauma1's great 8 years of being a nurse, obviously he can easily rank that as a non-emergency and wait a couple of hours, cause afterall its just pain in the scrotum right? With an IQ of 4, I fortunately know someone with a gunshot needs to be treated first, but I never did b*tch about how long I had to wait at the E.R did I? I was complaining how they didnt even bother getting an oncall urologist to at least just take a look. (My NP did say the local hospital did have one at the time, which is why she told me to go there). The nurse at the E.R then even said it cant be fixed surgically. So i was like wtf, but thats ok, he has a bachelors degree and all that good stuff like trauma1 has and certified so he has to be right.

    "Do you think that a doctor/nurse chose that profession because they don't like helping people and don't "give a crap" about them? WOW."

    As for that quote...hmmm ever thought maybe the money's good in this profession? All these colleges around the U.S with everyone wanting to be pre-med, everybody wants to be a doctor, i bet they all just want to help people out cause the world is oh so nice ..such as you guys. But I wonder why some doctors could care less about how painful you are, or wouldnt even see you if you don't have enough money. Also, if a lot of doctors really did care, then why do I see people posting on this forum complaining how they have to find 5 different urologists just to have their problem properly checked out? But then again bassgod you have to be right! all doctors definitely care about everyone, and they love what they do, because money simply doesnt even come close.

    Well thats just my opinion, whether you think im a moron or whatever. We all got our opinions, no need to bust a vein over what I said As a matter of fact, overall, I think i learned something from this...those definitions helped and I thank you, I love criticism and I try to learn from it ..even when it comes to raising my iq..trust me im working on it....this pain is just gettin in the way..
  25. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    18.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Had a similar problem decades ago, it was diagnosed as epididimytis(sp) prescribed antibiotics, it went away and came back. The Senior physician I was seeing said its a type of aneurism that guys get that is not serious and that surgery was often not helpful. It comes and goes, if you obsess over it, it will never go away. Its part of being male. JMO
  26. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    So patients have no say? What if one had gotten testicular torsion that results in extreme pain which is similar to the symptoms that I had, which is considered as a medical emergency? I assume with trauma1's great 8 years of being a nurse, obviously he can easily rank that as a non-emergency and wait a couple of hours, cause afterall its just pain in the scrotum right?
    First of all, nobody ever said that the patient doesn't have a say, or rights. Patients most certainly do have rights. As a nurse, part of your job is being a patient advocate.

    Are you that dense that you're falsely projecting your "Bad experience" onto my abilities (or any other nurse/doctor) to determine what an emergency is? You don't know me from adam. DON'T assume even for a second that you know anything about my specific abilities as a medical professional based on your pathetic speculation, generalizations, and displaced frustration. It only makes you look like an major league azz.


    Testicular torsion IS a medical emergency. By doing a testicualr U/S, they ruled that out. A varicocele is NOT. If the emergency room physician determined that a urologist was needed to attenuate your specific issue (more specifically in an emergency), he/she would have been consulted at that time and come in to evaluate you. If it was determined that it wasn't an emergency, and could be handled in the out-patient setting, that's when you are referred to the specialist. It is YOUR responsibility to follow-up with that!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  27. Senior Member
    bassgod272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    1284
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I am in pharmacy school to become a RPh and get my PharmD. Why am I doing it? Because I am currently a certified pharmacy technician and like to help sick people get well. Do pharmacists make good $? Yes. Am I doing it for the $? No. Am I saying I am smarter and/or better than anyone else? No. Your statements are naive. That is why I made the IQ comment. Doctors and nurses do not become doctors and nurses for the $. If you want $, you can be a lawyer, real estate agent, independent business owner, etc. There is a SHORTAGE of doctors, nurses, and just about every other position in the medical field these days. Why? Because people are too lazy to go through all of the hard work and schooling. Why the hell would someone spend 8yrs in school learning about the human body, chemistry, medications, illnesses/diseases, etc, just to make a lot of $? There are many easier ways to do that. This again proves that you're very naive. What you are not comprehending is the TREMENDOUS debt that pharmacists, doctors, etc, deal with after they get their degree. My pharmacy manager makes over $250,000/yr, is 26yrs old, and is STILL paying off his pharmacy school debt. It's even more expensive for doctors. NOBODY would become a doctor or nurse just for the $. The people who try to do that, are the ones who drop out of school and never make it. You NEED to WANT to HELP and CARE for people in our profession. Otherwise, you won't last long at all. I am by no means "popping a vein" or whatever, over this thread, lol. It is the internet. I am unsubbed, GL.
  28. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    I am in pharmacy school to become a RPh and get my PharmD. Why am I doing it? Because I am currently a certified pharmacy technician and like to help sick people get well. Do pharmacists make good $? Yes. Am I doing it for the $? No. Am I saying I am smarter and/or better than anyone else? No. Your statements are naive. That is why I made the IQ comment. Doctors and nurses do not become doctors and nurses for the $. If you want $, you can be a lawyer, real estate agent, independent business owner, etc. There is a SHORTAGE of doctors, nurses, and just about every other position in the medical field these days. Why? Because people are too lazy to go through all of the hard work and schooling. Why the hell would someone spend 8yrs in school learning about the human body, chemistry, medications, illnesses/diseases, etc, just to make a lot of $? There are many easier ways to do that. This again proves that you're very naive. What you are not comprehending is the TREMENDOUS debt that pharmacists, doctors, etc, deal with after they get their degree. My pharmacy manager makes over $250,000/yr, is 26yrs old, and is STILL paying off his pharmacy school debt. It's even more expensive for doctors. NOBODY would become a doctor or nurse just for the $. The people who try to do that, are the ones who drop out of school and never make it. You NEED to WANT to HELP and CARE for people in our profession. Otherwise, you won't last long at all. I am by no means "popping a vein" or whatever, over this thread, lol. It is the internet. I am unsubbed, GL.
    Bravo!

    Unsubbed as well. This is clearly a MAJOR waste of time and effort....

    /Exits

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  29. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    You're an ignorant moron! You obviously don't have a damn clue about the healthcare system, or how it works based on your response.

    I've been an Emergency Room nurse for over 8 years..........You may have HAD a bad experience, however don't "generalize" all nurses/doctors in that fashion. I think many people such as yourself don't understand the definiton of an "Emergency", or "Triage" based on your childish and uneducated response.

    The next time you want to make a completely retarded comment like this, do us ALL a favor and save your breath jackazz!
    Do you even have a job with over 7000 post in two years? You are a complete total and absolute idiot and deserve to be banned from this board and confined to a mental institution.

    Your hatred of your "patients" is so palpable it is sickening.

    I was just misidiagnosed in an ER and am not surprised based on your complete, total and absolute lack of compassion.

    Let me be the first to ask you to leave this board, the internet and the planet Earth.

    Go away....just go away.
  30. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Do you even have a job with over 7000 post in two years? You are a complete total and absolute idiot and deserve to be banned from this board and confined to a mental institution.

    Your hatred of your "patients" is so palpable it is sickening.

    I was just misidiagnosed in an ER and am not surprised based on your complete, total and absolute lack of compassion.

    Let me be the first to ask you to leave this board, the internet and the planet Earth.

    Go away....just go away.
    LOL!

    I'd break it down for you junior, but i'm not about to waste my time with a completely clueless dipsh*t such as yourself.


    Have a nice day!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  31. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Do you even have a job with over 7000 post in two years? You are a complete total and absolute idiot and deserve to be banned from this board and confined to a mental institution.

    Your hatred of your "patients" is so palpable it is sickening.

    I was just misidiagnosed in an ER and am not surprised based on your complete, total and absolute lack of compassion.

    Let me be the first to ask you to leave this board, the internet and the planet Earth.

    Go away....just go away.
    Hahaha... Boom, Zip, Zam... to the moon with you T1.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  32. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    LOL!

    I'd break it down for you junior, but i'm not about to waste my time with a completely clueless dipsh*t such as yourself.


    Have a nice day!
    You are a narcissistic sociopath in desperate need of help.

    And put a shirt on.....that myspace camera phone pic isnt working for you.
  33. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Hahaha... Boom, Zip, Zam... to the moon with you T1.

    Adams
    LOL! - Wow he told me eh D.

    What a maroon......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  34. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    You are a narcissistic sociopath in desperate need of help.

    And put a shirt on.....that myspace camera phone pic isnt working for you.
    For not knowing him, you seem to have a nitty gritty psychological diagnosis.

    Glad to see you researched your subject before spewing verbal diarrhea all over this thread.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  35. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    You are a narcissistic sociopath in desperate need of help.

    And put a shirt on.....that myspace camera phone pic isnt working for you.
    Is that the best you have?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  36. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    For not knowing him, you seem to have a nitty gritty psychological diagnosis.

    Glad to see you researched your subject before spewing verbal diarrhea all over this thread.

    Adams
    I'd love for him to elaborate on the "Narcissism" that he claims. That should be very entertaining all in itself. I love when people shoot themselves in the foot like this.

    I'm willing to bet our E-psychologist buddy doesn't even know what it means.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  37. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Is that the best you have?
    I admit defeat.....I will now allow you to get back to misdiagnosing people and posting on message boards hundreds of times per day.
  38. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I admit defeat.....I will now allow you to get back to misdiagnosing people and posting on message boards hundreds of times per day.

    Really now, care to point that out since you want to make a completely false and laughable accusation like that? Read my signature mr. freud.

    Tell me now.....Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. New Member
    uptempo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    132
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    19.83%

    Wow! definitely didn't expect someone like you guys to respond so quick! But I guess the 7000+ posts explains it. Just trying to help each other online right? Seriously though, now that I think about it, I need to be like you guys when I turn 29 trauma1/ bassgod. Macho status picture and on-the-go online teacher, always on the move to correct the wrong...awesome

    "You don't know me from adam. DON'T assume even for a second that you know anything about my specific abilities as a medical professional based on your pathetic speculation, generalizations, and displaced frustration. It only makes you look like an major league azz."

    ..I'm sorry...I'll try not to assume anymore..i got ahead of myself...instead..I KNOW for a fact your abilities must be great because your "bachelor's degree, certified emergency nurse certification, ACLS, PALS, ENPC, and TNCC" says you are." I shouldve known better.

    "I am in pharmacy school to become a RPh and get my PharmD. Why am I doing it? Because I am currently a certified pharmacy technician and like to help sick people get well. Do pharmacists make good $? Yes. Am I doing it for the $? No."


    Wow, thats great! Now if only every doctor out there was as dedicated and kind like you (it sure shows online).. then a lot of these people on this forum wouldn't have to complain about their urologists huh?

    ok ..ok.., tell me more stuff that I said wrong besides being naive or being a moron, after all ..you guys are like 8-9 years older right? want to help a brother out? you guys know oh so much.
  40. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    433
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%

    Uptempo you are 21 and younger people are more emotional....you need to ignore the mentally ill people on the net and focus on getting better.

    In my opinion, you did over react a bit to the pain but the cold hard reality of how incompetent and uncaring some, but not all, in healthcare can be is a beyond frustrating. You can not fight the system so learn to ignore it and focus on doing what you believe to be best.

    For what it is worth, if you view his profile, Trauma has a myspace page, his mood is currently "bouncy" and most surprisingly he last logged in...........today.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. A day in the life of the Emergency Room...
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
  2. TRT or Varicocele Surgery First?
    By monsterbox in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. Mdrol--> Emergency Room
    By 17amethyl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
  5. VARICOCELE how to persuade doctors to perform surgery?
    By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in