Can someone please tell me the pain/location of VARICOCELE?

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
Question: Right now both of my sides near the base of the shaft of my penis is hurting/aching maybe every 10-15 minutes. Is this where the varicose veins are located, like close to the body? Or is this something else?

Also, can a varicocele be confused with a epididymis? One doctor told me my varicocele was big, but then another doctor said it was actually my epididymis. I only have one side that had a bulge, but now is getting smaller cause of antibiotics i think? I don't f*cking get this!!!!!!!

Also, Is it me or does it take forever to see a urologist? It seems like they are always booked and I can never see one until 2 weeks to a month later?

I don't want to wait another two weeks!!!!! all my insurance covered urologists are booked until october. My appointment was supposed to be tommorrow, but they fukin cancelled it because of an "emergency surgery" and now I have to wait for another two weeks. I've been hurting for a month now..

F*CK U.S medicare

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
The pain could be anywhere from top of testicle to lower abdomen. They occur on the left side much more frequently and feel like a "bag of worms". Mine was treated by embolization which didn't go as well as I hoped... it still hurts.

This should be the "Male Varicocele Forum"... everybody seems to have one now... LOL

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
The pain could be anywhere from the testicle itself to the lower abdomen. They only occur on the left side much more frequently and feel like a "bag of worms". Mine was treated by embolization which didn't go as well as I hoped... it still hurts.

This should be the "Male Varicocele Forum"... everybody seems to have one now... LOL
lol...UNFORTUNATELY...i hate how my doctors jus keep saying...oh dont worry about a varicocele...they cause "no harm"

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
lol...UNFORTUNATELY...i hate how my doctors jus keep saying...oh dont worry about a varicocele...they cause "no harm"
Tell them it hurts all the time (this was mostly true for me)... then the doc should schedule an ultrasound. That's the only way to get an accurate diagnosis.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
uptempo, simple solution

go to emergency and say that your testicles hurt like anything and you feel some worm kind of stuff there. And they immediately do ultra sound. All you need $75 ( if EPO). You dont need to wait for one and half month for these no knowledgeable urologists. Thats what i did when I got appointment same as you. i could not wait that long. After ultra sound, they will tell you whether its epididimys or varicocele. Epididimys hurts more than varicocele
Dont delay, visit ER immediatly

K1212

Awards
Question: Right now both of my sides near the base of the shaft of my penis is hurting/aching maybe every 10-15 minutes. Is this where the varicose veins are located, like close to the body? Or is this something else?

Also, can a varicocele be confused with a epididymis? One doctor told me my varicocele was big, but then another doctor said it was actually my epididymis. I only have one side that had a bulge, but now is getting smaller cause of antibiotics i think? I don't f*cking get this!!!!!!!

Also, Is it me or does it take forever to see a urologist? It seems like they are always booked and I can never see one until 2 weeks to a month later?

I don't want to wait another two weeks!!!!! all my insurance covered urologists are booked until october. My appointment was supposed to be tommorrow, but they fukin cancelled it because of an "emergency surgery" and now I have to wait for another two weeks. I've been hurting for a month now..

F*CK U.S medicare

how are you able to get US Medicare?

I had to go to these low cost clinics and an appointment with a Urologist would probably be about a month or 2 away, I just booked a appointment with a regular urologist and it is for tommorow, I am already about 10 grand in debt from medical bills so another few hundred or thousand wont hurt

ANd I am probably in the same boat, some people say my varicocle is the problem, others say I have inflamation of the epididymis, I have a feeling I have orchitis(inflamation testicle, it constantly hurts), did your problem come about as a result of an injury?

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
how are you able to get US Medicare?

I had to go to these low cost clinics and an appointment with a Urologist would probably be about a month or 2 away, I just booked a appointment with a regular urologist and it is for tommorow, I am already about 10 grand in debt from medical bills so another few hundred or thousand wont hurt

ANd I am probably in the same boat, some people say my varicocle is the problem, others say I have inflamation of the epididymis, I have a feeling I have orchitis(inflamation testicle, it constantly hurts), did your problem come about as a result of an injury?

it all started when I went canopying and the harness around my balls was too tight...ever since that..(a month ago)...my testicles were feeling heavy /aching for like the last three weeks...then my perineal body (basically between the ass hole and testicles felt engorged swollen) ...then my testicles started hurting..on the left side..the so called epididymidus got really big and the left side hurted a lot...NOW...the right side and the left side near the shaft base of the penis to the sides really hurt...(closer to the penis, farther away from the testicles) near the abs more..

I am debating if I want to go to the E.R...my pain I would have to say is around a 4 to 5 out of 10 once in a while...it is intermitten....comes and goes every 15-30 minutes when sitting down..as of now i think i will wait for a couple of more days and let the levaquin fight a little more...even though SO FAR I HAVE HAD PAIN IN THREE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACES NOW...W..T..F...the antibiotics did make my balls not as swollen the last two days...but the "epididymis" is still somewhat big compared to before all this hell happened....

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
uptempo, simple solution

go to emergency and say that your testicles hurt like anything and you feel some worm kind of stuff there. And they immediately do ultra sound. All you need $75 ( if EPO). You dont need to wait for one and half month for these no knowledgeable urologists. Thats what i did when I got appointment same as you. i could not wait that long. After ultra sound, they will tell you whether its epididimys or varicocele. Epididimys hurts more than varicocele
Dont delay, visit ER immediatly

I will definitely consider this...thanks for the helpful advice...whats EPO? my e.r is going to be at least 300 dollars if i do it...so im debating....ill let the antibiotics fight for maybe 4 or 5 more days...and hopefully rule out epididymidus...but yeah thakns again...

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I will definitely consider this...thanks for the helpful advice...whats EPO? my e.r is going to be at least 300 dollars if i do it...so im debating....ill let the antibiotics fight for maybe 4 or 5 more days...and hopefully rule out epididymidus...but yeah thakns again...

I have united health care EPO insurane.
There are diff types PPO , EPO, HMO etc..
Why is your Er copay cost $300. Which plan do you have?

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
I know I am using Blue Shield of California... which is PPO..and last time when I first went to E.R they charged me 300 something dollars in the mail...and they did an excellent job in mistakenly diagnosing me with prostatitis.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I know I am using Blue Shield of California... which is PPO..and last time when I first went to E.R they charged me 300 something dollars in the mail...and they did an excellent job in mistakenly diagnosing me with prostatitis.
Didnt you mention about testicle pain at that time? is blue shield of california charging that much for ER copay?You can chekc your insurance card for copay amounts