More lab results...comments?

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Take a look at these and tell me what you think. I am concerned. I finally twisted my GP's arm and got referred to an Endo. What do you think?

thyroid Stimulating Hormone: 0.67 uIU/ml range: 0.4 -4.00

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 26mmol/L range: 18-47

Cortisol: 8.5 no range given

Testosterone 3.19 ng/ml range: 1.75-7.81

Estrodiol: 37 pg/ml range: 11.0-44.00

Growth Hormone: 0.1 ng/ml range 0.0 - 6.0

Thyroxine (T4) 6.4 ud/gL range 4.5 - 12.0

Triiodothyronine (T3) 124ng/dL range: 85-205

I have a suspicion that will not be shared. The doc Your comments are what are needed.

Thanks you on advance.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Test is a low, but you need to test free or bio available testosterone. Your estrogen is a little high. How much body fat? GH is really low. You need to check your Fsh and Lh? Your thyroid should be investigated further too.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Thanks. That is how I see it. What is concerning me the most is the HG number. I have been really having a hard time with fat gain. I have increased my work outs and lowered calories to compensate, but it does not seem to be working. FWIW I was really getting sick of the doctor saying. "You getting older". That is 20 year old conventional thinking. I did not ionclude my glucose or Triglycerides number because those were almost perfect, thankfully. What is concerning me is ending up with adult onset insuline resistance AKA Metabolic Syndorm X and shortening my life.

I do eat clean and work my tail off in the gym 4X's a week. That is why this inability to get rid of the fat is of such a concern. My BF is about 28%, that is up from 20% a year ago.
There is more to all this, but I will spare everyone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. That is how I see it. What is concerning me the most is the HG number. I have been really having a hard time with fat gain. I have increased my work outs and lowered calories to compensate, but it does not seem to be working. FWIW I was really getting sick of the doctor saying. "You getting older". That is 20 year old conventional thinking. I did not ionclude my glucose or Triglycerides number because those were almost perfect, thankfully. What is concerning me is ending up with adult onset insuline resistance AKA Metabolic Syndorm X and shortening my life.

I do eat clean and work my tail off in the gym 4X's a week. That is why this inability to get rid of the fat is of such a concern. My BF is about 28%, that is up from 20% a year ago.
There is more to all this, but I will spare everyone.
Stop eating any supplements for a one to two months.
Do this test;
NutrEval

NutrEval - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

Get report.
There will be two pages long list of supplements, eat it.
Read report carefully, there may be recomendation to do other 2-3 tests. Do those tests, follow recomendations.

9 moths to a year latter, repeat this process, while eating previously recomended supplements.

Call or e-mail them with a zip code, ask for names of doctors that use them.
Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

I do this.
I just use a doc to get the tests, the rest is rather self explanatory, but it would be a time consuming for a doctor, so you have to read and follow report all by your self.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Stop eating any supplements for a one to two months.
Do this test;
NutrEval

Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade.
NutrEval - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

Get report.
There will be two pages long list of supplements, eat it.
Read report carefully, there may be recomendation to do other 2-3 tests. Do those tests, follow recomendations.

9 moths to a year latter, repeat this process, while eating previously recomended supplements.

Call or e-mail them with a zip code, ask for names of doctors that use them.
Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

I do this.
I just use a doc to get the tests, the rest is rather self explanatory, but it would be a time consuming for a doctor, so you have to read and follow report all by your self.
Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.
I posted:
"so you have to read and follow report all by your self."

but in real life I do my best
but also I beg HAN for help.

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is DHEA? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.
I appreciate this from all you guys.

DHEA was not done this test. Six months ago my DHEA numbers were 243ug/dL with a scale of 70-310

I send a good two or three hours in the sun every day. SO I guess we can rule that out. Up until the past couple of months, I was getting 7-8 hours, now I have had some sleep disturbances but still logging at least 7 hours.

Could you explain what you mean by a metabolic block in the HTPA?

I believe my diet is pretty solid. I am fairly maniacal when it comes to food. 60% of my food intake is from good proteins, grilled chicken, lean beef, turkey, tuna and so on. My carbs come from things like oat meal, green veggies and beans. Fats are usually what I take in with the protein and EFA or flax seed oil. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. My only real vice is coffee which runs about 24 ounces per day. (no sugar)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate this from all you guys.

DHEA was not done this test. Six months ago my DHEA numbers were 243ug/dL with a scale of 70-310

I send a good two or three hours in the sun every day. SO I guess we can rule that out. Up until the past couple of months, I was getting 7-8 hours, now I have had some sleep disturbances but still logging at least 7 hours.

Could you explain what you mean by a metabolic block in the HTPA?

I believe my diet is pretty solid. I am fairly maniacal when it comes to food. 60% of my food intake is from good proteins, grilled chicken, lean beef, turkey, tuna and so on. My carbs come from things like oat meal, green veggies and beans. Fats are usually what I take in with the protein and EFA or flax seed oil. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. My only real vice is coffee which runs about 24 ounces per day. (no sugar)
Excessive estrogen and well as adrenaline,enviromental toxins(past jobs) can clog up the HPTA axis causing you to have malfunctioning signals sent from the hypothalamus to the endocrine system. Now we are getting some where improper sleep is required for proper gh out put and recovery as well as rebalancing your brain chemistry. If you are on computer to late at night or work out to late this can cause issues. Focus on correcting sleep patterns would be the first step. Simple corection in sleep may all that may be needed to correct your issue.