More lab results...comments?

  1. New Member
    Dogsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    3.2%

    More lab results...comments?


    Take a look at these and tell me what you think. I am concerned. I finally twisted my GP's arm and got referred to an Endo. What do you think?

    thyroid Stimulating Hormone: 0.67 uIU/ml range: 0.4 -4.00

    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: 26mmol/L range: 18-47

    Cortisol: 8.5 no range given

    Testosterone 3.19 ng/ml range: 1.75-7.81

    Estrodiol: 37 pg/ml range: 11.0-44.00

    Growth Hormone: 0.1 ng/ml range 0.0 - 6.0

    Thyroxine (T4) 6.4 ud/gL range 4.5 - 12.0

    Triiodothyronine (T3) 124ng/dL range: 85-205

    I have a suspicion that will not be shared. The doc Your comments are what are needed.

    Thanks you on advance.

  2. New Member
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    302
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    29.48%

    Test is a low, but you need to test free or bio available testosterone. Your estrogen is a little high. How much body fat? GH is really low. You need to check your Fsh and Lh? Your thyroid should be investigated further too.
  3. New Member
    Dogsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    3.2%

    Thanks. That is how I see it. What is concerning me the most is the HG number. I have been really having a hard time with fat gain. I have increased my work outs and lowered calories to compensate, but it does not seem to be working. FWIW I was really getting sick of the doctor saying. "You getting older". That is 20 year old conventional thinking. I did not ionclude my glucose or Triglycerides number because those were almost perfect, thankfully. What is concerning me is ending up with adult onset insuline resistance AKA Metabolic Syndorm X and shortening my life.

    I do eat clean and work my tail off in the gym 4X's a week. That is why this inability to get rid of the fat is of such a concern. My BF is about 28%, that is up from 20% a year ago.
    There is more to all this, but I will spare everyone.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    Thanks. That is how I see it. What is concerning me the most is the HG number. I have been really having a hard time with fat gain. I have increased my work outs and lowered calories to compensate, but it does not seem to be working. FWIW I was really getting sick of the doctor saying. "You getting older". That is 20 year old conventional thinking. I did not ionclude my glucose or Triglycerides number because those were almost perfect, thankfully. What is concerning me is ending up with adult onset insuline resistance AKA Metabolic Syndorm X and shortening my life.

    I do eat clean and work my tail off in the gym 4X's a week. That is why this inability to get rid of the fat is of such a concern. My BF is about 28%, that is up from 20% a year ago.
    There is more to all this, but I will spare everyone.
    Stop eating any supplements for a one to two months.
    Do this test;
    NutrEval

    NutrEval - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

    Get report.
    There will be two pages long list of supplements, eat it.
    Read report carefully, there may be recomendation to do other 2-3 tests. Do those tests, follow recomendations.

    9 moths to a year latter, repeat this process, while eating previously recomended supplements.

    Call or e-mail them with a zip code, ask for names of doctors that use them.
    Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

    I do this.
    I just use a doc to get the tests, the rest is rather self explanatory, but it would be a time consuming for a doctor, so you have to read and follow report all by your self.
    .
  5. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Stop eating any supplements for a one to two months.
    Do this test;
    NutrEval


    Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade.
    NutrEval - Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

    Get report.
    There will be two pages long list of supplements, eat it.
    Read report carefully, there may be recomendation to do other 2-3 tests. Do those tests, follow recomendations.

    9 moths to a year latter, repeat this process, while eating previously recomended supplements.

    Call or e-mail them with a zip code, ask for names of doctors that use them.
    Diagnostic Laboratory Testing for Wellness & Preventive Medicine - Genova Diagnostics

    I do this.
    I just use a doc to get the tests, the rest is rather self explanatory, but it would be a time consuming for a doctor, so you have to read and follow report all by your self.
    .
    Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is dhea? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.
    I posted:
    "so you have to read and follow report all by your self."

    but in real life I do my best
    but also I beg HAN for help.
  7. New Member
    Dogsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    177
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    3.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Insulin imbalance and possible low adrenal out put. Where is DHEA? Estrodial is not valid essay, low igf-1 means nutritional imbalances (examine diet, lifestyle, proper sleep all affect gh out put) cortisol is low probably due to melatonin over flow. Get out in the sun daily it resets your hormones cascade. Thyroid could be due to low adrenal out put. Your TSh being low end which is good is poor for t3 and t4 readings. This usualy means there is a metabolic block in the HPTA affecting things.
    I appreciate this from all you guys.

    DHEA was not done this test. Six months ago my DHEA numbers were 243ug/dL with a scale of 70-310

    I send a good two or three hours in the sun every day. SO I guess we can rule that out. Up until the past couple of months, I was getting 7-8 hours, now I have had some sleep disturbances but still logging at least 7 hours.

    Could you explain what you mean by a metabolic block in the HTPA?

    I believe my diet is pretty solid. I am fairly maniacal when it comes to food. 60% of my food intake is from good proteins, grilled chicken, lean beef, turkey, tuna and so on. My carbs come from things like oat meal, green veggies and beans. Fats are usually what I take in with the protein and EFA or flax seed oil. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. My only real vice is coffee which runs about 24 ounces per day. (no sugar)
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    I appreciate this from all you guys.

    DHEA was not done this test. Six months ago my DHEA numbers were 243ug/dL with a scale of 70-310

    I send a good two or three hours in the sun every day. SO I guess we can rule that out. Up until the past couple of months, I was getting 7-8 hours, now I have had some sleep disturbances but still logging at least 7 hours.

    Could you explain what you mean by a metabolic block in the HTPA?

    I believe my diet is pretty solid. I am fairly maniacal when it comes to food. 60% of my food intake is from good proteins, grilled chicken, lean beef, turkey, tuna and so on. My carbs come from things like oat meal, green veggies and beans. Fats are usually what I take in with the protein and EFA or flax seed oil. I drink about 1 gallon of water a day. My only real vice is coffee which runs about 24 ounces per day. (no sugar)
    Excessive estrogen and well as adrenaline,enviromental toxins(past jobs) can clog up the HPTA axis causing you to have malfunctioning signals sent from the hypothalamus to the endocrine system. Now we are getting some where improper sleep is required for proper gh out put and recovery as well as rebalancing your brain chemistry. If you are on computer to late at night or work out to late this can cause issues. Focus on correcting sleep patterns would be the first step. Simple corection in sleep may all that may be needed to correct your issue.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Comments
    By pmiller383 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:02 PM
  2. PCT comments?? Help!!
    By animalkrack3r in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
  4. REp Comments
    By Dennking in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in