Blood work 26 yo male

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I am a 26 year old male overweight, but two months ago changed my lifestyle. I quit smoking, started dieting, exercising, and sleeping better. I have made gains though over the last 2 months I gained some muscle. I have noticed an improvement if feeling of wellbeing, but still have some symptoms of low testosterone. Three months ago I took a blood test because I developed gynecomastia (originally thought is was cancer), fatigue, loss of wellbeing, anxiety, and was having some erectile dysfunction here are the results:

Dhea(NL) 458ng/DL Ref range142-1410
Testosterone, total (DSL) 346Ng/DL Ref range 190-1037
Estradiol (DSL) 32 PG/ML None given
Cortisol 14.8 Ug/DL None given

I retested a month ago

FSH 5.7 Miu/ml Ref range 1.3-19.3
Lh 3.7 Miu/ml Ref range 1.2-8.6
Total testosterone 230 ng/dl Ref range 190-1037
Free testosterone 51.3pg/ml Ref range 35- 155
Shbg 12 nmol/l Ref range 7-49
Prolactin 15.7 ng/ml Ref range 2.6-13.1
Estradiol 55 pg/ml Ref range <207

My prolactin is out of range and my FSH and LH are a little low. The endocrinologist said there is nothing wrong and wants to retest in a month. Why are my testosterone levels so low? I have made my wife pregnant twice once was less than a year ago and she miscarried. He asked me if I have noticed a decrease in body hair and if I have any children. With my levels would that point toward hypogonadism? I think I might be secondary right? Sometimes my testes are soft not always, but they are within normal size range from what I have read. They are about a little over 2 inches each across I have body/facial hair, male pattern baldness, penis is 4" flaccid and about 7" erect. Erections have improved with diet change and exercise, but problem has not disappeared. This is so depressing. I don't want to go on TRT just yet if there is another option. I would like some opinions on either hcg, tamoxifen, clomid.... My endo is kind of a di*k so I want to be ready when I go back and see him. I have never done any AAS or anything like that so I am kind of confused as to why my levels are like this. The only thing I use muscle milk lite. Please help me.

sorry so long

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I am a 26 year old male overweight, but two months ago changed my lifestyle. I quit smoking, started dieting, exercising, and sleeping better. I have made gains though over the last 2 months I gained some muscle. I have noticed an improvement if feeling of wellbeing, but still have some symptoms of low testosterone. Three months ago I took a blood test because I developed gynecomastia (originally thought is was cancer), fatigue, loss of wellbeing, anxiety, and was having some erectile dysfunction here are the results:

Dhea(NL) 458ng/DL Ref range142-1410
Testosterone, total (DSL) 346Ng/DL Ref range 190-1037
Estradiol (DSL) 32 PG/ML None given
Cortisol 14.8 Ug/DL None given

I retested a month ago

FSH 5.7 Miu/ml Ref range 1.3-19.3
Lh 3.7 Miu/ml Ref range 1.2-8.6
Total testosterone 230 ng/dl Ref range 190-1037
Free testosterone 51.3pg/ml Ref range 35- 155
Shbg 12 nmol/l Ref range 7-49
Prolactin 15.7 ng/ml Ref range 2.6-13.1
Estradiol 55 pg/ml Ref range <207

My prolactin is out of range and my FSH and LH are a little low. The endocrinologist said there is nothing wrong and wants to retest in a month. Why are my testosterone levels so low? I have made my wife pregnant twice once was less than a year ago and she miscarried. He asked me if I have noticed a decrease in body hair and if I have any children. With my levels would that point toward hypogonadism? I think I might be secondary right? Sometimes my testes are soft not always, but they are within normal size range from what I have read. They are about a little over 2 inches each across I have body/facial hair, male pattern baldness, penis is 4" flaccid and about 7" erect. Erections have improved with diet change and exercise, but problem has not disappeared. This is so depressing. I don't want to go on TRT just yet if there is another option. I would like some opinions on either hcg, tamoxifen, clomid.... My endo is kind of a di*k so I want to be ready when I go back and see him. I have never done any AAS or anything like that so I am kind of confused as to why my levels are like this. The only thing I use muscle milk lite. Please help me.

sorry so long

Your LH and FSH are in normal range.Prolactin is high.Looks like secondary. How is your muscle tone now??

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I am overweight, but have been lifting. My muscles are getting more defined. I only started 2 months ago, but gains are noticeable. My weight is the same, but I am sliming down a bit too. I want to improve my quality of life kinda feel like krap, ed, gyno.......list goes on and on. Working on losing weight and building muscle. Lh and Fsh are in range, but low and on that note my test levels are in range too, but I feel like krap. I have heard of other benefits of using hcg like weight loss. And my balls are getting kinda soft. What would be the best option to try and jump start natural production?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Seems like you may have excess aromatase activity with your estradiol level (typically it should be around 30 pg/ml). You may benefit from an AI... you could talk to your doc about a script, or try an OTC like 6-OXO or even better STOKED! This would give the dual benefit of lowering estrogen and raising test naturally.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Seems like you may have excess aromatase activity with your estradiol level (typically it should be around 30 pg/ml). You may benefit from an AI... you could talk to your doc about a script, or try an OTC like 6-OXO or even better STOKED! This would give the dual benefit of lowering estrogen and raising test naturally.
Can Estradiol will be this high at such an young age with out using any external testosterone.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Can Estradiol will be this high at such an young age with out using any external testosterone.
Thanks for the reply. Dude I am muscular, but I am also pretty fat. I think my estradiol is high due to my body fat. I don't know though. The endo checked my balls and adrenal glands with an ultrasound. He said they looked ok. Thyroid, liver, kidneys.....are all functioning properly. I have never used any external testosterone. If I did theoreticlly this would be the place to admit the use of test.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your answer. Sorry I am noob when you say AI you mean like clomid, tamoxifen or hcg right. Please give me a suggestion as to which one to use and how exactly to go about getting it from my endo (who says all my levels are fine. Which I don't get because he is ordering a retest.) I mean how do I request it exaclty based on my levels. I have a feeling this guy will tell me to just loose weight. I am working on it, but do I have to feel like **** until then? I also heard that low testosterone makes it harder to loose weight. The point of using an AI would be to jump start my natural production right? Is it a permanent thing? I have heard of 6-oxo and stoked, but is it possible these things could make me worse off? I don't know sh*t about this stuff sorry.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Its weird how your two estrogen tests were so different... a retest might be wise. A prescription AI (aromatase inhibitor) would be like Arimidex (clomid, tamox and hcg are totally different). 6-OXO, STOKED are OTC AI's, not as potent but generally safe. I don't think it could hurt, but definately consult your doc.

Your T level is directly linked to estrogen levels. Basically what happens is your body gets a signal to make T when your estrogen is low, since some of it will aromatase into estrogen. When estrogen is high, T output gets shut off. So if your body is functioning right, you can lower estrogen and it should, in effect, signal T to be created. Hope that helps.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Its weird how your two estrogen tests were so different... a retest might be wise. A prescription AI (aromatase inhibitor) would be like Arimidex (clomid, tamox and hcg are totally different). 6-OXO, STOKED are OTC AI's, not as potent but generally safe. I don't think it could hurt, but definately consult your doc.

Your T level is directly linked to estrogen levels. Basically what happens is your body gets a signal to make T when your estrogen is low, since some of it will aromatase into estrogen. When estrogen is high, T output gets shut off. So if your body is functioning right, you can lower estrogen and it should, in effect, signal T to be created. Hope that helps.

The reason why the levels changed was I think in the paper below it is says that they switched the method of testing from something (I forgot) to the SIEMMENS method. So I guess it was tested with a different method and the ref ranges changed. I am building muscle right now trying to do a clean bulk and in about a month I am going to try and cut to lose some weight.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your answer. Sorry I am noob when you say AI you mean like clomid, tamoxifen or hcg right. Please give me a suggestion as to which one to use and how exactly to go about getting it from my endo (who says all my levels are fine. Which I don't get because he is ordering a retest.) I mean how do I request it exaclty based on my levels. I have a feeling this guy will tell me to just loose weight. I am working on it, but do I have to feel like **** until then? I also heard that low testosterone makes it harder to loose weight. The point of using an AI would be to jump start my natural production right? Is it a permanent thing? I have heard of 6-oxo and stoked, but is it possible these things could make me worse off? I don't know sh*t about this stuff sorry.
It is not correct that on low testosterone ,one cannot lose weight. I am at 223 ng/dl. I lost weight of 10 pounds and I could not put on weight even on testosterone shots.But I want to put weight.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Did you test your cholestrol levels

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
It is not correct that on low testosterone ,one cannot lose weight. I am at 223 ng/dl. I lost weight of 10 pounds and I could not put on weight even on testosterone shots.But I want to put weight.
I can lose weight I am on a clean bulk now and in a month I am going to cut. I can put on muscle weight. Since on the bulk I have maintained my weight for 3 months and have slimmed down and muscles are more defined. I plan on dropping weight next month, but I am going to do it slowly to try and avoid messing up my hormones more. I am just saying that there are some days where I really feel like crap and experience alot of low t symptoms.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Did you test your cholestrol levels
Doctor told me my HDL cholesterol is fine, but my LDL is a little high. I quit smoking cigarettes, started exercising, dieting and trying to minimize stress since then. I have also heard if test is at an optimal level it can help keep cholesterol in check.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Doctor told me my HDL cholesterol is fine, but my LDL is a little high. I quit smoking cigarettes, started exercising, dieting and trying to minimize stress since then. I have also heard if test is at an optimal level it can help keep cholesterol in check.
One tablespoon of organic coconut oil before bed will help your cholesterol ratio, promote testosterone, and help lean you out. Its one of the "good oils" :)

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
One tablespoon of organic coconut oil before bed will help your cholesterol ratio, promote testosterone, and help lean you out. Its one of the "good oils" :)
Thanks for that suggestion. I am gonna try it next week when I get paid. Do you think combining it with a zma would be a good idea?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that suggestion. I am gonna try it next week when I get paid. Do you think combining it with a zma would be a good idea?
Sure, sounds like a nice little stack