Do people lose weigt or gain weight on low testosterone

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Do people lose weight or gain weight because of low testosterone? I have seen many people on this baord who gained weight or becoming fat and not able to lose weight because of low testosterone . Are there anybody who lost weight because of low testosterone?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Do people lose weight or gain weight because of low testosterone? I have seen many people on this baord who gained weight or becoming fat and not able to lose weight because of low testosterone . Are there anybody who lost weight because of low testosterone?
You can lose muscle weight.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
I still can't figure out how I can have 168lbs of lbm at 5'8" when I have low testosterone.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I still can't figure out how I can have 168lbs of lbm at 5'8" when I have low testosterone.
You would probably have less fat or greater body mass if your levels were higher. What is your percentage and how did you test?

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
You would probably have less fat or greater body mass if your levels were higher. What is your percentage and how did you test?
Way back in Feb, got a dexascan done

20.3% fat
79.7% lbm

You might be right, my body fat amount might come down with enough T.

I also have above normal IGF-1, which might be helping me hold lbm

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Are you on TRT right now?
Wasn't back then, am now.

I am fatter now than before I started, but I was busting my ass on cardio and lifting 5 days a week then.

Now I just lift 3 days, and do cardio 2 days.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Way back in Feb, got a dexascan done

20.3% fat
79.7% lbm

You might be right, my body fat amount might come down with enough T.

I also have above normal IGF-1, which might be helping me hold lbm
How high is your IGF-1 and how old are you? Also, is the level pre-TRT? I hope you don't mind me asking.

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
How high is your IGF-1 and how old are you? Also, is the level pre-TRT? I hope you don't mind me asking.
All pre TRT levels

Total T: 296
IGF-1: 252

The samples were not drawn too close together, about a month apart. My doc said that the IGF-1 can vary pretty greatly on any given day, but still, I am proud it's that high.

I thought there was a correlation between t and IGF-1, so I can't figure out how one is high and one is low.

I am 46

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
All pre TRT levels

Total T: 296
IGF-1: 252

The samples were not drawn too close together, about a month apart. My doc said that the IGF-1 can vary pretty greatly on any given day, but still, I am proud it's that high.

I thought there was a correlation between t and IGF-1, so I can't figure out how one is high and one is low.

I am 46
That's a healthy IGF-1 level. High testosterone levels will increase IGF. My IGF went up 50 (139 - 190) points from elevated testosterone levels. If my IGF-1 level tested at 252 I wouldn't bother with GH. I've found very little deviation in my IGF levels, and have tested for 3 years. When I'm off everything it's almost always 139. On test or HCG it's usually 190 and depending on the GH I use it's usually 299.