Do people lose weigt or gain weight on low testosterone

  1. Registered User
    darkblue1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    372
    Answers
    0

    Do people lose weigt or gain weight on low testosterone


    Do people lose weight or gain weight because of low testosterone? I have seen many people on this baord who gained weight or becoming fat and not able to lose weight because of low testosterone . Are there anybody who lost weight because of low testosterone?

  2. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    Do people lose weight or gain weight because of low testosterone? I have seen many people on this baord who gained weight or becoming fat and not able to lose weight because of low testosterone . Are there anybody who lost weight because of low testosterone?
    You can lose muscle weight.
  3. Registered User
    namtrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Answers
    0


    I still can't figure out how I can have 168lbs of lbm at 5'8" when I have low testosterone.
    •   
       

  4. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I still can't figure out how I can have 168lbs of lbm at 5'8" when I have low testosterone.
    You would probably have less fat or greater body mass if your levels were higher. What is your percentage and how did you test?
  5. Registered User
    namtrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    You would probably have less fat or greater body mass if your levels were higher. What is your percentage and how did you test?
    Way back in Feb, got a dexascan done

    20.3% fat
    79.7% lbm

    You might be right, my body fat amount might come down with enough T.

    I also have above normal IGF-1, which might be helping me hold lbm
  6. Registered User
    darkblue1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    372
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I still can't figure out how I can have 168lbs of lbm at 5'8" when I have low testosterone.
    Are you on TRT right now?
  7. Registered User
    namtrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    Are you on TRT right now?
    Wasn't back then, am now.

    I am fatter now than before I started, but I was busting my ass on cardio and lifting 5 days a week then.

    Now I just lift 3 days, and do cardio 2 days.
  8. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Way back in Feb, got a dexascan done

    20.3% fat
    79.7% lbm

    You might be right, my body fat amount might come down with enough T.

    I also have above normal IGF-1, which might be helping me hold lbm
    How high is your IGF-1 and how old are you? Also, is the level pre-TRT? I hope you don't mind me asking.
  9. Registered User
    namtrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    How high is your IGF-1 and how old are you? Also, is the level pre-TRT? I hope you don't mind me asking.
    All pre TRT levels

    Total T: 296
    IGF-1: 252

    The samples were not drawn too close together, about a month apart. My doc said that the IGF-1 can vary pretty greatly on any given day, but still, I am proud it's that high.

    I thought there was a correlation between t and IGF-1, so I can't figure out how one is high and one is low.

    I am 46
  10. The horror
    colkurtz_spf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,109
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    All pre TRT levels

    Total T: 296
    IGF-1: 252

    The samples were not drawn too close together, about a month apart. My doc said that the IGF-1 can vary pretty greatly on any given day, but still, I am proud it's that high.

    I thought there was a correlation between t and IGF-1, so I can't figure out how one is high and one is low.

    I am 46
    That's a healthy IGF-1 level. High testosterone levels will increase IGF. My IGF went up 50 (139 - 190) points from elevated testosterone levels. If my IGF-1 level tested at 252 I wouldn't bother with GH. I've found very little deviation in my IGF levels, and have tested for 3 years. When I'm off everything it's almost always 139. On test or HCG it's usually 190 and depending on the GH I use it's usually 299.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lose weight and gain muscle?
    By Albatross in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. People looking to lose weight, supplements aren't a MUST
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM
  4. Stay with weight gain or Lose a couple bf% Now
    By daleden in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
  5. People lose weigh tor gain weight on low T
    By darkblue1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in