Varicocele diagnosis?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.68%

Varicocele diagnosis?

How are varicoceles found and diagnosed? Can they always been found by sight or is a scan (MRI, CAT, or other) required to diagnose them?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

by ultrasound
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.87%

Well they are pretty obvious. if your sac feels like a bag of worms, then chances are it's a vericocele. My GP even told me that before he sent me to a uro. And then my uro sent me for an ultrasound to check for atrophy. and my left nut was a couple cm smaller than my right so he recommended surgery.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.68%

Can doctors tell by a visual check?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

Quote Originally Posted by Kingston pt View Post
    Can doctors tell by a visual check?
    Yes, Most of the time its visible. To confirm the grade, ultrasound is necessary
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleBound1337 View Post
    Well they are pretty obvious. if your sac feels like a bag of worms, then chances are it's a vericocele. My GP even told me that before he sent me to a uro. And then my uro sent me for an ultrasound to check for atrophy. and my left nut was a couple cm smaller than my right so he recommended surgery.

do they only perform surgery for atrophy?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.81%

Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post

No. In my experience they are far more likely to recommend you for surgery if you tell them it is causing you lots of pain.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.87%

Probably not, in my case it didn't hurt at all, but my left testicle was atrophied. Told me it would effect my fertility if I didn't have it corrected.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleBound1337 View Post
    Probably not, in my case it didn't hurt at all, but my left testicle was atrophied. Told me it would effect my fertility if I didn't have it corrected.
    is atrophied = shrunk?

How far its atrophied if oyu dont mind to tell?I mean what size.
    My doctor told me to go semen analysis and then decide about surgery.But my wife became pregnant luckily.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

will a varicocle cause constant pain?

I was diagnosed with having a grade 1 or 2 Varicocle, but I hvae a constant pain coming from my testicle, it usually gets worse when I go down to sleep at night and I know varicocles are supposed to get better when you sleep
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

Quote Originally Posted by K1212 View Post
    will a varicocle cause constant pain?

I was diagnosed with having a grade 1 or 2 Varicocle, but I hvae a constant pain coming from my testicle, it usually gets worse when I go down to sleep at night and I know varicocles are supposed to get better when you sleep
    Do you have pain in testicle. or pain dues to heavyness caused by varicocele.When you are asleep usually you dont feel varicocele.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue1 View Post
    Do you have pain in testicle. or pain dues to heavyness caused by varicocele.When you are asleep usually you dont feel varicocele.

I have a pain in the testicle, it gets worse at night when I lie down, it is probably in addition to the varicocle, I have a feeling it is Orchitis which is inflamation of the testicle
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

I have a pain in the testicle, it gets worse at night when I lie down, it is probably in addition to the varicocle, I have a feeling it is Orchitis which is inflamation of the testicle
    I think so. its not becos of varicocel. Varicocele doesnt hurt that much.YOu need antibiotics.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

I think so. its not becos of varicocel. Varicocele doesnt hurt that much.YOu need antibiotics.

does your varicocle kill your sex drive?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

does your varicocle kill your sex drive?
    yes, for few days,after i got varicoceles. Because of poor blood circulation. I could not get any erections and no libido. After I used some herbs for blood flow. I got my sex driveback and erections are good. As information from web says that bilateral varicoceles lead to impotence is not true, atleast in my case.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

yes, for few days,after i got varicoceles. Because of poor blood circulation. I could not get any erections and no libido. After I used some herbs for blood flow. I got my sex driveback and erections are good. As information from web says that bilateral varicoceles lead to impotence is not true, atleast in my case.

so you need to take herbs to get your sex drive? And what about 1 sided varicocles, do those kill the sex drive? Also, did you have veins all over your testicles?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

so you need to take herbs to get your sex drive? And what about 1 sided varicocles, do those kill the sex drive? Also, did you have veins all over your testicles?
    I have very small on right side. And veins all over on the left one. I took herbs for blood circulation nto for sex drive,but it did improve my libido
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

god what a Nightmare, I saw a Urologist today and he was terrible, he didnt seem to care about my problems, I guess we are alone in this world and if you have medical problems you just have to deal with it, I have a feeling I am never gonna get an erection agiain and I just have to deal with this pain

what a ****ing NIGHTMARE
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  154 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.97%

Did herbs help with the PE problem? I haven't taken anything cause i want the doctor to see how bad my condition really is. I think when varicocele happens all of a sudden it lowers free T. The surgery should fix this but i don't know why in my case it didn't work. It's been 4 months now with absolutely no libido and i'm getting used to it, at least it doesn't bother me like it did in the begining.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Did herbs help with the PE problem? I haven't taken anything cause i want the doctor to see how bad my condition really is. I think when varicocele happens all of a sudden it lowers free T. The surgery should fix this but i don't know why in my case it didn't work. It's been 4 months now with absolutely no libido and i'm getting used to it, at least it doesn't bother me like it did in the begining.

did your varicocle come on as a result of an injury

and how are you able to function in life with no libido, this is like a death sentence to me
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Try Zinko Beloba .. it will improve blood circulation in body especially genitals.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

god what a Nightmare, I saw a Urologist today and he was terrible, he didnt seem to care about my problems, I guess we are alone in this world and if you have medical problems you just have to deal with it, I have a feeling I am never gonna get an erection agiain and I just have to deal with this pain

what a ****ing NIGHTMARE
    urologists dont care about our problems. What did he say actually?
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

urologists dont care about our problems. What did he say actually?

he didnt say anything, he went in there asking my generic questions like he was a disgruntled dmv employee

he also sounded shocked when I told him my varicocle was a result of an injury, he just assumed it was there all along, he didnt even ask my questions

this guy was absolutely horrible
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track, also the fact that I am practically a virgin who blew a chance just 2 days before it happened

I really cant take this anymore, I really think I may kill myself or something, I cant take this pain that keeps coming back in my life, it is un****ing real

I was holding out hope the Urologist would be some miracle worker and tell me what I want to here or tell me something to make it go away, now I know I am in it for the long haul

I really cant deal with this
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track

I really cant take this anymore, I really think I may kill myself or something, I cant take this pain that keeps coming back in my life, it is un****ing real

I was holding out hope the Urologist would be some miracle worker and tell me what I want to here or tell me something to make it go away, now I know I am in it for the long haul

Dont put hopes on urologists. I lost hope on urologist. WHen i told same thing to my urologist (I got sudden varicoceles), he laughed and said you have this from your birth. Endo also ridiculed me saying that, if he does Ultra sound he may have varicoceles. They are not taking us seriously.pahtetic US healthcare and doctors
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track

dont try to kill yourself. There are many to cope up with this.BUt we cannot go back where we are before varicoceles.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

Dont put hopes on urologists. I lost hope on urologist. WHen i told same thing to my urologist (I got sudden varicoceles), he laughed and said you have this from your birth. Endo also ridiculed me saying that, if he does Ultra sound he may have varicoceles. They are not taking us seriously.pahtetic US healthcare and doctors

how do you deal with this, are you in pain, are you able to get an erection?

I really cant deal with this, like I said I was hoping the Urologist would perform some miracle, but now I see I am more knowledgable then him

Am I supposed to live with the pain and live with the fact I may never get a hard on again?
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

dont try to kill yourself. There are many to cope up with this.BUt we cannot go back where we are before varicoceles.

I dont think I can accept this, I like who I was and who I was becoming, I dont think I can accept this
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

this really destroys your personality, your penis is really who you are as a person, now I am tainted, before I was a nice guy and I was funny and I liked to be around people especially women, now I am just a miserable ****, I cant deal with this
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

this really destroys your personality, your penis is really who you are as a person, now I am tainted, before I was a nice guy and I was funny and I liked to be around people especially women, now I am just a miserable ****, I cant deal with this
    dude, suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. There is more than 1 doctor out there. Some are doochebags, no doubt. Not all of them are.
    The first doc I saw was when I was 17. My mom took me and he wanted me to jack off in a cup. I was like, HELL NO are you friggin nuts?
    Anyway, it takes time, but things get better. My right nut is still the size of a raisin because I haven't had it taken care of. but that's another story.

Shyt, a year and a few months ago, I was locked up, looking at 4 or more years for a vice that isn't even a crime in the legal sense. I spent 4 days in county, and got off scott free, no probation, no nothing. I was also hopelessly addicted to dope. Today I'm a free man in every sense of the word. Free from jail AND from dope and booze.

Why am I telling you this? Because the ONLY CONSTANT is CHANGE. It is a guarantee. So stick it out. Find another DOC and things will Change. Most likely for the better.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

gee my testosterone count came back at 443, that is horrible right? Every doctor I saw said Varicocles dont effect testosterone, before this I guarantee I had about 1,100
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

There appears to be two veins that wrap around my left testicle and feels oddly shaped. These are not visible on my right one as that one feels more normal. Is this a Varicocele? My left testicle seems to have more mass to it and that is where most of the discomfort seems to comes from. I just went to a urologist but did not do an ultrasound.... I may go back and ask for one.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Terp03 View Post
    There appears to be two veins that wrap around my left testicle and feels oddly shaped. These are not visible on my right one as that one feels more normal. Is this a Varicocele? My left testicle seems to have more mass to it and that is where most of the discomfort seems to comes from. I just went to a urologist but did not do an ultrasound.... I may go back and ask for one.
    most likely
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.11%

I've had a varicocele for years. So long that I can't ever remember not having it. It has never affected my sex drive nor my ability to pitch a tent. It was diagnosed by digital exam and the only comment was it may affect sterility. It has never caused me pain but left nut is a little smaller.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Ribo68 View Post
    I've had a varicocele for years. So long that I can't ever remember not having it. It has never affected my sex drive nor my ability to pitch a tent. It was diagnosed by digital exam and the only comment was it may affect sterility. It has never caused me pain but left nut is a little smaller.

wow basically the only good thing ive EVER seen on this forum...its nice to hear that though
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

holy cr@p - in your Sac???

I had a friend who had 'em - not sure exactly where inside, but it was not long before she died of liver failure.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

wow basically the only good thing ive EVER seen on this forum...its nice to hear that though

an estimated 15% of men have a varicocle, but most dont know they have it unless they have a test, the problem is for those who have it most likely grades 2 and 3, I wouldnt be surprised if the people with grades 2 and 3 had grade 1's and they didnt know it and something aggraveted it and it got bigger
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.99%

an estimated 15% of men have a varicocle, but most dont know they have it unless they have a test, the problem is for those who have it most likely grades 2 and 3, I wouldnt be surprised if the people with grades 2 and 3 had grade 1's and they didnt know it and something aggraveted it and it got bigger

yeah...i just hope mine gets fixed soon...i dont want fertility issues and not be able to father a child
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%

yeah...i just hope mine gets fixed soon...i dont want fertility issues and not be able to father a child
    Dont worry about fertility too much. usually men will have varicoceles,but they dont know about them until somehting causes it bigger and brings changes in the body as we are alll feeling now.
    If nothing aggrevates varicoceles,men dont know about it and they live normally and wownt face any problems, thats why doctors dont care about them, But they dont know that something aggrevated varicoceles and that why we are suffering.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.56%

what are other symptoms people felt after getting their varicocle or a lowered testosterone

I just feel so ****ed up and out of it like I cant comprehend anything

did anyone else feel like this?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Varicocele
    By jrvswim in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 07:25 AM
  2. GYNECOMASTIA: ETIOLOGY, DIAGNOSIS, AND TREATMENT
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM
  3. varicocele and epi