Varicocele diagnosis?

Kingston pt

Awards
How are varicoceles found and diagnosed? Can they always been found by sight or is a scan (MRI, CAT, or other) required to diagnose them?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Well they are pretty obvious. if your sac feels like a bag of worms, then chances are it's a vericocele. My GP even told me that before he sent me to a uro. And then my uro sent me for an ultrasound to check for atrophy. and my left nut was a couple cm smaller than my right so he recommended surgery.

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
Well they are pretty obvious. if your sac feels like a bag of worms, then chances are it's a vericocele. My GP even told me that before he sent me to a uro. And then my uro sent me for an ultrasound to check for atrophy. and my left nut was a couple cm smaller than my right so he recommended surgery.

do they only perform surgery for atrophy?

Vidal Baboon

Vidal Baboon

Awards

No. In my experience they are far more likely to recommend you for surgery if you tell them it is causing you lots of pain.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Probably not, in my case it didn't hurt at all, but my left testicle was atrophied. Told me it would effect my fertility if I didn't have it corrected.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Probably not, in my case it didn't hurt at all, but my left testicle was atrophied. Told me it would effect my fertility if I didn't have it corrected.
is atrophied = shrunk?

How far its atrophied if oyu dont mind to tell?I mean what size.
My doctor told me to go semen analysis and then decide about surgery.But my wife became pregnant luckily.

K1212

Awards
will a varicocle cause constant pain?

I was diagnosed with having a grade 1 or 2 Varicocle, but I hvae a constant pain coming from my testicle, it usually gets worse when I go down to sleep at night and I know varicocles are supposed to get better when you sleep

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
will a varicocle cause constant pain?

I was diagnosed with having a grade 1 or 2 Varicocle, but I hvae a constant pain coming from my testicle, it usually gets worse when I go down to sleep at night and I know varicocles are supposed to get better when you sleep
Do you have pain in testicle. or pain dues to heavyness caused by varicocele.When you are asleep usually you dont feel varicocele.

K1212

Awards
Do you have pain in testicle. or pain dues to heavyness caused by varicocele.When you are asleep usually you dont feel varicocele.

I have a pain in the testicle, it gets worse at night when I lie down, it is probably in addition to the varicocle, I have a feeling it is Orchitis which is inflamation of the testicle

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I have a pain in the testicle, it gets worse at night when I lie down, it is probably in addition to the varicocle, I have a feeling it is Orchitis which is inflamation of the testicle
I think so. its not becos of varicocel. Varicocele doesnt hurt that much.YOu need antibiotics.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
does your varicocle kill your sex drive?
yes, for few days,after i got varicoceles. Because of poor blood circulation. I could not get any erections and no libido. After I used some herbs for blood flow. I got my sex driveback and erections are good. As information from web says that bilateral varicoceles lead to impotence is not true, atleast in my case.

K1212

Awards
yes, for few days,after i got varicoceles. Because of poor blood circulation. I could not get any erections and no libido. After I used some herbs for blood flow. I got my sex driveback and erections are good. As information from web says that bilateral varicoceles lead to impotence is not true, atleast in my case.

so you need to take herbs to get your sex drive? And what about 1 sided varicocles, do those kill the sex drive? Also, did you have veins all over your testicles?

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
so you need to take herbs to get your sex drive? And what about 1 sided varicocles, do those kill the sex drive? Also, did you have veins all over your testicles?
I have very small on right side. And veins all over on the left one. I took herbs for blood circulation nto for sex drive,but it did improve my libido

K1212

Awards
god what a Nightmare, I saw a Urologist today and he was terrible, he didnt seem to care about my problems, I guess we are alone in this world and if you have medical problems you just have to deal with it, I have a feeling I am never gonna get an erection agiain and I just have to deal with this pain

what a ****ing NIGHTMARE

Remington

Awards
Did herbs help with the PE problem? I haven't taken anything cause i want the doctor to see how bad my condition really is. I think when varicocele happens all of a sudden it lowers free T. The surgery should fix this but i don't know why in my case it didn't work. It's been 4 months now with absolutely no libido and i'm getting used to it, at least it doesn't bother me like it did in the begining.

K1212

Awards
Did herbs help with the PE problem? I haven't taken anything cause i want the doctor to see how bad my condition really is. I think when varicocele happens all of a sudden it lowers free T. The surgery should fix this but i don't know why in my case it didn't work. It's been 4 months now with absolutely no libido and i'm getting used to it, at least it doesn't bother me like it did in the begining.

did your varicocle come on as a result of an injury

and how are you able to function in life with no libido, this is like a death sentence to me

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Try Zinko Beloba .. it will improve blood circulation in body especially genitals.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
god what a Nightmare, I saw a Urologist today and he was terrible, he didnt seem to care about my problems, I guess we are alone in this world and if you have medical problems you just have to deal with it, I have a feeling I am never gonna get an erection agiain and I just have to deal with this pain

what a ****ing NIGHTMARE
urologists dont care about our problems. What did he say actually?

K1212

Awards
urologists dont care about our problems. What did he say actually?

he didnt say anything, he went in there asking my generic questions like he was a disgruntled dmv employee

he also sounded shocked when I told him my varicocle was a result of an injury, he just assumed it was there all along, he didnt even ask my questions

this guy was absolutely horrible

K1212

Awards
god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track, also the fact that I am practically a virgin who blew a chance just 2 days before it happened

I really cant take this anymore, I really think I may kill myself or something, I cant take this pain that keeps coming back in my life, it is un****ing real

I was holding out hope the Urologist would be some miracle worker and tell me what I want to here or tell me something to make it go away, now I know I am in it for the long haul

I really cant deal with this

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track

I really cant take this anymore, I really think I may kill myself or something, I cant take this pain that keeps coming back in my life, it is un****ing real

I was holding out hope the Urologist would be some miracle worker and tell me what I want to here or tell me something to make it go away, now I know I am in it for the long haul

Dont put hopes on urologists. I lost hope on urologist. WHen i told same thing to my urologist (I got sudden varicoceles), he laughed and said you have this from your birth. Endo also ridiculed me saying that, if he does Ultra sound he may have varicoceles. They are not taking us seriously.pahtetic US healthcare and doctors

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
god what a nightmare, I dont understand how some of you deal with this, I think it may effect me more because of the circumstance surrounding it and how it happened and how I was trying to get my life back on track

dont try to kill yourself. There are many to cope up with this.BUt we cannot go back where we are before varicoceles.

K1212

Awards
Dont put hopes on urologists. I lost hope on urologist. WHen i told same thing to my urologist (I got sudden varicoceles), he laughed and said you have this from your birth. Endo also ridiculed me saying that, if he does Ultra sound he may have varicoceles. They are not taking us seriously.pahtetic US healthcare and doctors

how do you deal with this, are you in pain, are you able to get an erection?

I really cant deal with this, like I said I was hoping the Urologist would perform some miracle, but now I see I am more knowledgable then him

Am I supposed to live with the pain and live with the fact I may never get a hard on again?

K1212

Awards
dont try to kill yourself. There are many to cope up with this.BUt we cannot go back where we are before varicoceles.

I dont think I can accept this, I like who I was and who I was becoming, I dont think I can accept this

K1212

Awards
this really destroys your personality, your penis is really who you are as a person, now I am tainted, before I was a nice guy and I was funny and I liked to be around people especially women, now I am just a miserable ****, I cant deal with this

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
this really destroys your personality, your penis is really who you are as a person, now I am tainted, before I was a nice guy and I was funny and I liked to be around people especially women, now I am just a miserable ****, I cant deal with this
dude, suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. There is more than 1 doctor out there. Some are doochebags, no doubt. Not all of them are.
The first doc I saw was when I was 17. My mom took me and he wanted me to jack off in a cup. I was like, HELL NO are you friggin nuts?
Anyway, it takes time, but things get better. My right nut is still the size of a raisin because I haven't had it taken care of. but that's another story.

Shyt, a year and a few months ago, I was locked up, looking at 4 or more years for a vice that isn't even a crime in the legal sense. I spent 4 days in county, and got off scott free, no probation, no nothing. I was also hopelessly addicted to dope. Today I'm a free man in every sense of the word. Free from jail AND from dope and booze.

Why am I telling you this? Because the ONLY CONSTANT is CHANGE. It is a guarantee. So stick it out. Find another DOC and things will Change. Most likely for the better.

K1212

Awards
gee my testosterone count came back at 443, that is horrible right? Every doctor I saw said Varicocles dont effect testosterone, before this I guarantee I had about 1,100

Terp03

Awards
There appears to be two veins that wrap around my left testicle and feels oddly shaped. These are not visible on my right one as that one feels more normal. Is this a Varicocele? My left testicle seems to have more mass to it and that is where most of the discomfort seems to comes from. I just went to a urologist but did not do an ultrasound.... I may go back and ask for one.

K1212

Awards
There appears to be two veins that wrap around my left testicle and feels oddly shaped. These are not visible on my right one as that one feels more normal. Is this a Varicocele? My left testicle seems to have more mass to it and that is where most of the discomfort seems to comes from. I just went to a urologist but did not do an ultrasound.... I may go back and ask for one.
most likely

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
I've had a varicocele for years. So long that I can't ever remember not having it. It has never affected my sex drive nor my ability to pitch a tent. It was diagnosed by digital exam and the only comment was it may affect sterility. It has never caused me pain but left nut is a little smaller.

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
I've had a varicocele for years. So long that I can't ever remember not having it. It has never affected my sex drive nor my ability to pitch a tent. It was diagnosed by digital exam and the only comment was it may affect sterility. It has never caused me pain but left nut is a little smaller.

wow basically the only good thing ive EVER seen on this forum...its nice to hear that though

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
holy cr@p - in your Sac???

I had a friend who had 'em - not sure exactly where inside, but it was not long before she died of liver failure.

K1212

Awards
wow basically the only good thing ive EVER seen on this forum...its nice to hear that though

an estimated 15% of men have a varicocle, but most dont know they have it unless they have a test, the problem is for those who have it most likely grades 2 and 3, I wouldnt be surprised if the people with grades 2 and 3 had grade 1's and they didnt know it and something aggraveted it and it got bigger

uptempo

uptempo

Awards
an estimated 15% of men have a varicocle, but most dont know they have it unless they have a test, the problem is for those who have it most likely grades 2 and 3, I wouldnt be surprised if the people with grades 2 and 3 had grade 1's and they didnt know it and something aggraveted it and it got bigger

yeah...i just hope mine gets fixed soon...i dont want fertility issues and not be able to father a child

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
yeah...i just hope mine gets fixed soon...i dont want fertility issues and not be able to father a child
Dont worry about fertility too much. usually men will have varicoceles,but they dont know about them until somehting causes it bigger and brings changes in the body as we are alll feeling now.
If nothing aggrevates varicoceles,men dont know about it and they live normally and wownt face any problems, thats why doctors dont care about them, But they dont know that something aggrevated varicoceles and that why we are suffering.

K1212

Awards
what are other symptoms people felt after getting their varicocle or a lowered testosterone

I just feel so ****ed up and out of it like I cant comprehend anything

did anyone else feel like this?

r00tman

Awards
I also got varioceles, ie dilated veins but they dont show above testicle, but under testicle like a bag of worms (gubernacular veins). Also testicles are smaller and softer than before and they are always tight, not loose hanging. Also they are reddish and warmer than before. 2 years ago i got a kick in the groin which i think messed up the veins causing reflux.

I literally went into andropause over night, with panic attacks, sweatings and no its not psychosomatic i got my ass kicked several times before and never suffered pshycological trauma, but this time. One thing i notice is that penile glans are affected with low testosterone once i push my levels up to normal, in a month or so they start to look like before ie regrowth of nerves, epithelial. Once i stop it dry out. My first morning reading total testosterone was 400 ng/dl 15? nmol/l. Ive been to a few public urologist but they refuse any testings. Ive been to one endocrinolog and got some LH readings, they were elevated.

My grandpa is 94 and got 340 ng/dl. My father is 64 has 700 ng/dl and above. Im going to a private clinic this week because public urologists are utterly worthlesss. Only thing that can fix this seems to be money. I really hope there isnt permanent damage after 2-3 years with this ****. Clomid works great pushing levels to normal (feeling ok) no lethargy and little libido, once i stop clomid i go through andropause again with panic attacks, sweating, clinical depression, but i dont want to self medicate for the rest of my life. Problem for me is if they want testing before ie hormonal levels and stuff im probably screwed because of the clomid, i cant afford stopping it, i cant think while off clomid and it ****s up life real quick.

Now i know how it feels getting old over a night i was 29 at the time, raging libido morning erections energy etc. I live in sweden where testosterone hormonal therapy is in the same league as heroine. Women get estrogen almost routinely when they complain of hot flashes. Im gonna self medicate this **** if it doesnt turn out well, then i probably die in prison.

Last edited: